[ROM][KK][4.4][2014-05-18] CyanogenMod 11.0

Audio drivers, that's a dangerous and complicated thing. It is absolutely critical that sound quality remains the same-at least. As far as sound volume is concerned, it would be really nice to pump it up a little, right now the overall volume is somewhat low.
Is there any hope to solve the problem with handsfree buttons that many headsets have? I know it's a kernel related thing, but maybe it's a good opportunity to address that matter too.
And finally, is there any hope to improve the touchscreen accuracy? Please take a look at the problem here, especially the final posts.

Audio drivers, that's a dangerous and complicated thing. It is absolutely critical that sound quality remains the same-at least. As far as sound volume is concerned, it would be really nice to pump it up a little, right now the overall volume is somewhat low.
Is there any hope to solve the problem with handsfree buttons that many headsets have? I know it's a kernel related thing, but maybe it's a good opportunity to address that matter too.
And finally, is there any hope to improve the touchscreen accuracy? Please take a look at the problem here, especially the final posts.

That's a huge lol what I'm saying xD
maybe you don't know who developed the kernel and what he did. He already wrote audio drivers from 0 (at least), it won't be so absolutely critical and dangerous and complicated as you think. Cm team refuse it. We have official support (in facts recovery is already merged) but m1cha has to fix the drivers (but he's playing tetris on lk bootloader)

That's a huge lol what I'm saying xD
maybe you don't know who developed the kernel and what he did. He already wrote audio drivers from 0 (at least), it won't be so absolutely critical and dangerous and complicated as you think. Cm team refuse it. We have official support (in facts recovery is already merged) but m1cha has to fix the drivers (but he's playing tetris on lk bootloader)

By saying absolutely critical and dangerous and complicated I meant that Mi2S's sound is already not its greatest con and that a potential deterioration in that part would not be very welcome.
For me, the most important (and I believe constructive) part of my post was the kind request for louder volume, hands-free working buttons and improved touch drivers. Not all of us have the level of knowledge you guys have concerning this staff, that's why we trust your work to make our lives a little easier. But if my requests or ignorance is causing huge lols, then I should probably stop asking or requesting things.

Reactions: paulrlz
By saying absolutely critical and dangerous and complicated I meant that Mi2S's sound is already not its greatest con and that a potential deterioration in that part would not be very welcome.
For me, the most important (and I believe constructive) part of my post was the kind request for louder volume, hands-free working buttons and improved touch drivers. Not all of us have the level of knowledge you guys have concerning this staff, that's why we trust your work to make our lives a little easier. But if my requests or ignorance is causing huge lols, then I should probably stop asking or requesting things.
Explain yourself better next time ;)

Sent from my mi2

There will be no need for a next time, since the core of my post has not been answered or commented anyway :)
Don't worry about it, it's just very difficult to communicate with linuxx. A while ago I had some questions in the "fix partition table" topic and never got answers or he gave answers to questions I never asked :p Eventually I just gave up.

I don't think it's about us explaining ourselves in a bad way, it's more about him not taking enough time to read and understand what we're posting/asking/...

hi im a news mi2s owner... im currently using the the updated MULTILANG ROM for Xiaomi MI2s aries JB 4.1... just wanna ask... if how can i flash my current rom if the flash this rom now which is a JB 4.4 android? thanks... hope to go a reply soon..

hi im a news mi2s owner... im currently using the the updated MULTILANG ROM for Xiaomi MI2s aries JB 4.1... just wanna ask... if how can i flash my current rom if the flash this rom now which is a JB 4.4 android? thanks... hope to go a reply soon..

1- Flash M1cha recovery by fastboot from the next post
http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?threads/19686/

2- Boot in recovery and enable TDB ( true dual boot)

3- Reboot in recovery, Wipe Data / Cache and flash M1cha or Linuxx KK rom from this post in system 1 or 2

At this time you will have KK rom in the system where you chose flash it, and the original jlb 4.1 rom in the other system.

In recovery go to advance options and select the default boot system (1 or 2) and this system boot automaticaly in each reboot.

Extra: Install dualbootswitch.apk from M1cha to switch system boot from android to avoid recovery boots.

http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?threads/20678/

Enviado desde mi MI 2 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
1- Flash M1cha recovery by fastboot from the next post
http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?threads/19686/

2- Boot in recovery and enable TDB ( true dual boot)

3- Reboot in recovery, Wipe Data / Cache and flash M1cha or Linuxx KK rom from this post in system 1 or 2

At this time you will have KK rom in the system where you chose flash it, and the original jlb 4.1 rom in the other system.

In recovery go to advance options and select the default boot system (1 or 2) and this system boot automaticaly in each reboot.

Extra: Install dualbootswitch.apk from M1cha to switch system boot from android to avoid recovery boots.

http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?threads/20678/

Flash gapps too

Sent from my mi2

Reactions: gabrielo
Thanks for the instrucitons.

After successfully installing kitkat on my device Im still having trouble connecting to my companies guest wifi network. Its a secured WPA/WPA2 PSK network. After I enter the the password, my Mi2s switches to "connecting" and next the connection turns to "saved" and stays like that. My wifi works fine with stock rom. The problem only occurs on androdi 4.4, including wiui, aosp and cm11.

Regards

After successfully installing kitkat on my device Im still having trouble connecting to my companies guest wifi network. Its a secured WPA/WPA2 PSK network. After I enter the the password, my Mi2s switches to "connecting" and next the connection turns to "saved" and stays like that. My wifi works fine with stock rom. The problem only occurs on androdi 4.4, including wiui, aosp and cm11.

Regards
Hem wiui is 4.1 ... Flash stock miui on the cm partion and then flash again cm. Are u using a mi2sC?

Sent from my mi2

Hem wiui is 4.1 ... Flash stock miui on the cm partion and then flash again cm. Are u using a mi2sC?

Sent from my mi2

Yeah sorry, my bad. Indeed wiui is 4.1.

Yes I'm using MI2sc, at least that is what my "about" says. After installing stock miui and flashing cwm, do I set tdb to enabled or disabled? I would like to end up with aosp to be honest. Does that make a difference? Is there a modem firmware available that I could flash without going through all the reflashing?

Yeah sorry, my bad. Indeed wiui is 4.1.

Yes I'm using MI2sc, at least that is what my "about" says. After installing stock miui and flashing cwm, do I set tdb to enabled or disabled? I would like to end up with aosp to be honest. Does that make a difference? Is there a modem firmware available that I could flash without going through all the reflashing?
Lol. OK it won't work at all. Sorry, this kernel doesn't work with mi2sc... Try aosp by ivan

Sent from my mi2

[QUOTE
Lol. OK it won't work at all. Sorry, this kernel doesn't work with mi2sc... Try aosp by ivan

Sent from my mi2
[/QUOTE]

Tried flashing the newest stock rom over AOSP partition, then I flashed ivan's aosp over that. The wifi still isn't connected. Does that mean I am stuck with carrier data ?

[QUOTE

Sent from my mi2

Tried flashing the newest stock rom over AOSP partition, then I flashed ivan's aosp over that. The wifi still isn't connected. Does that mean I am stuck with carrier data ?[/quote]
Nope. Keep miui

Sent from my mi2

Sent from my mi2
Just to know. Why mi2sc doesn't work with thos kernel? Specs seems to be the same just a diff with the basebands.

i got "Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20140405-UNOFFICIAL-aries.zip (status 7)" and so installation aborted.
do you know why?

now you start to work on audio driver?

I hope so to; this is the only reason why I don't use it as a daily rom because the phone calls I get are VERY QUIET (understatement) -> when a car drives by I can't hear the other side of the line :(

while in regular MIUI (Multilang) they are superb and understandable when car drives by

Reactions: lin yu chen
There's nothing to do about the audio driver except optimizing the code for CM merge.
You should try the latest 4.4 ROM from ivan because I use his audio-HAL as base.