Replace internal memory by SD card

I didn't understand..can we change build.prop or it's not necessary?I'm getting low phone storage

Στάλθηκε από το MI 2S μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Sorry I meant vold.fstab

Στάλθηκε από το MI 2S μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

For Stable 13 is not necessary change vold.fstab For older Stable 4 - 5 you should modify vold.fstab

Here is the modified file https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fm73dxz5sdblxs/vold.fstab
I made the changes monchet posted.

sent from HTC One using tapatalk

Using this file to replace and edit the permission with ES File Explorer successfully.
Now the SD Card is unactive and merge with Phone Storage. But when I download new apps the apps still install in the Internal Storage.

How to make it can be install in the Phone Storage?
Screenshot_2014-04-23-22-50-11.png

Guys I tried this tweak and it doesn't work. I am on version 13 Stable on Hongmi WCDMA.

Is this method still valid? if not is there an alternative?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

I'm using Hongmi 1S, and when I access my own vold file, there is only one line:

dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host.

This contradicts every info I've read on the internet, where sdcard means internal and sdcard2 means mini sd and I feel extremely confused...

Can anyone tell me how to set sd card by default to camera and videos (not apps)?

Thanks,
Pedro
Portugal

I'm using Hongmi 1S as well and need the sdcard storage back in use.... any new ideas?

Sent from my HM 1SW using Tapatalk

My one been reading the English and Chinese forum :
here it comes and pay attention:
original post found
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=22287&page=2#pid449855
Chinese forum:
http://www.miui.com/thread-1749429-1-1.html
you can translate the pages with Google translator, without trouble or translator plugin installed in the browser:

[Other] [Xposed / wsm] freedom to set the default to use the built-in external sd card v1.1

Posts by SlowargoYY at 2014-5-21 22:16 Edit

saying red rice 1s default built-in memory card is also not entirely to blame millet, Google has always been such a design. Red rice 1s built-in storage card is "simulated" (emulated), and Google is designed to simulate different user sees the memory card is not the same, and this is the default analog memory card storage. But after all, red rice does not support multi-user environment, so it looks like the egg appeared , will hurt. Unless millet memory card function for the analog switch off, otherwise the problem is not solved.
Fortunately, there are artifacts xposed, there are opportunities in the application layer tricks to solve this problem.

Download
XExtStorage_1.1.apk

Please install WSM Tools 2.2.4 or later, after installing activation XExtStorage module restart.
pro.burgerz.wsm.manager_v233_919202.apk

Please flash
Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip

Prevent tragedies. This module is not guaranteed to work properly on your phone at your own risk. Note that this module is only playing in the patch application layer, should be able to cope with most programs, but not perfect.

At least take pictures, screenshots, recording, theme, what activates after the backup module is used by default external memory card
(if your original data in the built-in memory card, you need to manually transfer it),

IMPORTANT:
some of the replacement for the problematic will provide black / white list function after application.
as some major Games with Big additional DATA packages need to stay internally for there minimum required data
you can freely set without switching The program of the (note the primary and secondary storage card path without modification). Newborn baby at home, too busy recently evacuated temporarily difficult to maintain it, and some bug first endure it. . Incidentally, seeking blessings ~ ~

Attachments

• XExtStorage_1.1.apk
    275.7 KB · Views: 1,107
  • pro.burgerz.wsm.manager_v233_919202.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 917
  • Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 872
Last edited:
1 question. When i use that app, and moved folder with navigation app files onto external sd card, in file explorer I can see same folder size in internal, original destination. This happen after I pin it in foldermount app. Is that correct? should it show same large size in file explorer?
I moved only folder with maps, not the navi app itself. Is that correct?

edit.
all works fine

Tap tap from MI2

Last edited:
OK i hace a Xiaomi Hongmi 1S (Qualcomm) so I'd like to merge internal storage with my external 32Gb Sdcard.
If I'm not wrong I should install XExtStorage first and WSM Tool afterwards but I do not understand what to do with the xposed_disabler_recovery.zip file.

Edit: Solved! I did it without using the last zip file, if I'm not wrong is only needed in case of a soft brick when using this tool.

Last edited:
I use folder mount. It works with my 32gb sd card. it takes a moment to mouunt it after the restart, and thats it

Tap tap from MI2

works with navigon sat nav app. Tomtom apparently dont need it, as I install it from sd card, left all data on sd, and it works straight away

Tap tap from MI2

helpp
im using hongmi 1 - miui -5.3.21 (multi language)
which file i need to replace the storage???? there are a few in the post

I have 1s. Folder mount works fine for me. I believe that for ur phone will be working to. Also, if u have older version, osme people write that other appd works too. The difference is, than new hongmi is on newer android, and i believe that couse some apps not working

Tap tap from MI2