Phantom Touches, Ghost touches, Invisible finger

Do you have problem with phantom touches?

• Total voters
I also have this problem. Sometimes the touchscreen does not work at all. Other times it registeres random ghost touches sometimes double touches...

It. Iqs. Ddrivviinngg. Mee ccraazzyy!

Sent from my MI2s with Tapatalk.

got my first experience with it when i flashed the latest CM11 from Cofface... but on WIUI all things are fine, no such situation... dunno why...

I have this always on lockscreen. Since I got the device I guess. Lock/unlock solves it most of the time.

I have this always on lockscreen. Since I got the device I guess. Lock/unlock solves it most of the time.

Yea locking/unlocking almost allways solves it but it still sucks! I even did all wipes and did a clean install but this didnt solve it :(

I can confirm that after two latest updates the phantome touches started again. Moustly when I am in gmail app, than its very crazy. I will send mobile back if they do not fix it soon again.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

I can confirm that after two latest updates the phantome touches started again. Moustly when I am in gmail app, than its very crazy. I will send mobile back if they do not fix it soon again.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk
could u try cm11 with touchscreen-test then or would you prefer redmaners kernel with the new touchscreen driver so you can continue testing with MIUI?

could u try cm11 with touchscreen-test then or would you prefer redmaners kernel with the new touchscreen driver so you can continue testing with MIUI?

Does your CM11 already got the new driver for touchscreen?
Or should I flash it separately?

Thanks XD

Not yet. I wanted todo so soon but since there is a new report about problems with replacements touchscreen I don't want todo that now.

Reactions: llision
I'm having this problem too. most of the time due to water droplets. I just turn off the screen, wipe it and turn it back on again. After that, its gone.

Since mi2/s is using a capacitive touch screen which relies on flow of electrons to identify the position of out fingers, the same effect happens when there's a residue like water or anything that can be detected by the screen.

This is driving me crazy sometimes i have it 3 times in an hour. 2 of my friends also have this but not that mutch as me.

I had it TWICE typing this... I should go back to a stable update.

This is driving me crazy sometimes i have it 3 times in an hour. 2 of my friends also have this but not that mutch as me.

I had it TWICE typing this... I should go back to a stable update.

It's almost the same with my mi2s... :-(

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

As soon as i find someone to buy my m2s im going to buy a OPPO Find 7 i am really tired of this sh*t! Every weekly update i hope that its going to be solved...

I had sometimes this phantom touches, but it is only if i didn't dry well my fingers after washing, actually if they stay little wet. Only in that way. Then i just turn off screen, dry well my hands and i turn screen on, and all is normal, no more phantom touches

I'm trying now latest WIUI EX and (so far) looks much better.

Hold on: I will report more in a few days if keeps going better about missing/repeated touches...

I have not seen this problem on mine for a long time. I have no idea how or why it has stopped but it seems to have sorted itself out. Mine did it straight out of the box, I remember it doing it while I was setting it up for the first time but it just stopped after a few months. I have also replaced my screen recently after dropping my phone and all seems well with my new screen too.

I confirm that -so far- also mine had no problems anymore...
in my case I guess solution was just the EX WIUI version, based on older/different drivers.

I have been using cyanogenmod about 7 hours and i havent had any problem :D