[ROM][LINARO] CyanogenMod 11 Modified Edition [09/09/14]

I'm impressed with the performance due the optimizations but the battery life it's also very good. I might pass trought the night without charging, maybe next time I will test until drain totally.

00.png 01.png 02.png 03.png 04.png

Hi first of all i want to say thanks to XperianPro your kernel works pretty fine on my Devise!
I just want to ask you if it is possible to implemment some more governor like the smartass v2?
Sorry my english is not very well...

Hi first of all i want to say thanks to XperianPro your kernel works pretty fine on my Devise!
I just want to ask you if it is possible to implemment some more governor like the smartass v2?
Sorry my english is not very well...

It is but they are useless anyway.

Just tried the updated Philz recovery setup. I did exactly as in OP, installed updated recovery, formatted the 2 partitions to f2fs, tried the rom install. No good. Attached log from recovery
dupyjyqu.jpg
. Any idea? I need my phone working so I'll restore my backup I just made, after converting the 2 partitions back to ext4

Just tried the updated Philz recovery setup. I did exactly as in OP, installed updated recovery, formatted the 2 partitions to f2fs, tried the rom install. No good. Attached log from recovery
dupyjyqu.jpg
. Any idea? I need my phone working so I'll restore my backup I just made, after converting the 2 partitions back to ext4

All you need to do is read: "No space left on device" repeats 2 times
You need to extend your /system partition.

I flash last kernel(boot.img) from rom(24.07.15). I used cm from 24/7 and fastboot.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot
and after I see logo Mi...and all. help me pls:)

why do i get error status 7 when flashing 2407 build? im using philz recovery on 1st page. mi2s

Update : I redownload the ROM and try to install. Same error occurs. Sideload or push. Both will give me symlink error status 7.

Last edited:
I flash last kernel(boot.img) from rom(24.07.15). I used cm from 24/7 and fastboot.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot
and after I see logo Mi...and all. help me pls:)

You can't,you need to flash ROM or edit fstab file manualy

Impossible,I removed all assert strings.
Yea I check the script to remove assert hahaha .but found that u already removed the lines. Still giving me symlink fail tho. I'll retry flashing everything from start.

update : i redownload all files. reflashed recovery, change to f2fs for both /system and /data. Still getting error when flashing rom.

Installing update. . .
symlink: some symlinks failed
E : Error in /storage/sdcard0/Arom/cm-11.zip
(status 7)
E : Installation aborted.

it seems that symlink error is the only error im getting.

Last edited:
Yea I check the script to remove assert hahaha .but found that u already removed the lines. Still giving me symlink fail tho. I'll retry flashing everything from start.

update : i redownload all files. reflashed recovery, change to f2fs for both /system and /data. Still getting error when flashing rom.

Installing update. . .
symlink: some symlinks failed
E : Error in /storage/sdcard0/Arom/cm-11.zip
(status 7)
E : Installation aborted.

it seems that symlink error is the only error im getting.

Then your /system partition is not big enough,it needs to be at least 800MB otherwise your phone won't boot (or flash will fail)

EDIT: I will provide modified repartition script from M1cha later.

Last edited:
Then your /system partition is not big enough,it needs to be at least 800MB otherwise your phone won't boot (or flash will fail)

EDIT: I will provide modified repartition script from M1cha later.
recovery doesnt show "no space left on device" like the other guy on this thread.
Ill go with u anyways, ill extend my /system partition.

recovery doesnt show "no space left on device" like the other guy on this thread.
Ill go with u anyways, ill extend my /system partition.
I was looking in the log of the recovery, this level of detail was not shown on normal flash zip file screen. Why is it that the system partition needs to go from 500 MB to at least 800 MB for the same content? Is the speed optimised version of CM11 so much worse considering size?

I was looking in the log of the recovery, this level of detail was not shown on normal flash zip file screen. Why is it that the system partition needs to go from 500 MB to at least 800 MB for the same content? Is the speed optimised version of CM11 so much worse considering size?

You are correct all those optimizations increased ROM size slightly,most impact had Linaro toolchain and 03 flags.
My system takes up 740 mb with minimal gapps.

my bad..you are right..didnt notice that you were in the recovery log.

ps : @XperianPro , are you going to make a script that deletes system1 and make system0 900mb? because if you do, im going to wait for it.

i think i have like 5mb for system1, and the excess from system1 is moved to system0, which i dont remember how many mbs. o_O

my bad..you are right..didnt notice that you were in the recovery log.

ps : @XperianPro , are you going to make a script that deletes system1 and make system0 900mb? because if you do, im going to wait for it.

i think i have like 5mb for system1, and the excess from system1 is moved to system0, which i dont remember how many mbs. o_O

I am going to make system0 850mb,system1 10 mb,cache 10 mb and rest to userdata.

Download this repartition.sh and follow instructions here and dont forget to say tnx to M1cha
PARTITION TABLE:
Code:
/system0 - 900mb
/system1 - 10mb
/cache - 10mb
/data - 4.3gb

This kills any dualboot possibility except i find a second ROM which needs just 10Mb, right?