How many of us will be buying Xiaomi MI4 ?

How did you get those weird numbers? :D
mi4-circumference: 2*a+2*b = 2*139.2+2*68.5 = 415.4
I used the surface for my calculations anyway
I think you used a different "axis": harry calculated the perimeter width/depth (more interesting for evaluating the "handling" ratio) while you used width/height.

It's not about the size of the phone (at least for me), let me explain: Samsung and all the other manufacturers showed us that even a small hand can carry a 6 to 7 inch device. But the idea isn't in holding it (I can also hold a 42inch tv with a hand), it's in the usage. Why the f*** to create a gigantic device and then later develop 1 handed applications ? IF you buy a mobile, it's to be used with one hand, and to be able to reach all the corners of that screen with your thumb. My wife has the moto g and I feel uncomfortable while using it, so imaging a bigger screen :). It's truely sad that all the high end devices are logarithmically growing bigger. That to be said, have a nice day

Reactions: RadarNyan
I'm not good at math but as my experience, I can't even handle a 4.7 inch screen phone (Xiaomi HongMi)
I can handle it if the border is extremely thin like the whole phone is the size of the screen BUT it will be very uncomfortable to use the lower left area of the screen (I prefer hold my phone with left hand)
I don't even feel so comfortable to use the lower left corner of my Mi2S and that's the reason I have back button on lower right instead of lower left (I prefer on-screen navigation bar, thanks to CM I can toggle it without reboot)

I really don't get why those new phone out there getting bigger larger and larger screen. I mean, if I want a big screen, I would definitely use a freaking TABLET! It can't be my fault to not want a tablet sized screen on my PHONE, there must something wrong with the world (finger crossed)

To me, not supporting FDD LTE is a big drawback and I feel like a need an update from my MI 2S. the lack of app space is killing me.

Mi2s is still a great phone! In all the mi2s Rom forums, battery life is the biggest concern for all users. They realize it often by limiting the proc speed.
So, where is the phone with mi2s specs and 10 hours screen on time? Who will ever need octacore power? This is only to be able to turn of half of the cores ;-)
Newer hardware is only better if it consumes less battery. I don't need more power, nor a bigger screen, and I haven't seen any application that my mi2s wouldn't be able to execute, or laggy.
So until now, my next phone will be my actual one again. For an incredible price, then nor then ever!

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk

Reactions: grsgs
The main problem is:
This phone is more for the western people than the china people self.
Because the demand of the western is much much bigger than the mainland people.

And because the former CEO of Google works there he knows alot of his roots (android)

The problem now is, that they dident release a XIAOMI MI4 with an western EUROPE 4G LTE.
You will see it will definitly sold less than the MI3 (There you had a choice to choose: TD-CDMA or WCDMA) <- MORE SOLED OF THE WCDMA than there own mainland version TD-CDMA.

So now the MI4 isent so great if you have alot to choose more great alternatives: Oppo Find7/ Meizu MX4/ and alot of more of them ONEPLUS one etc.
Just because the 4G LTE international....

I will get one :)
I have Mi3 now but i will change as soon as its out

Update: I will pick it up on tuesday :)

Last edited:
Well, when I'm traveling which is a lot (I live in Paris but I'm in China at the moment), I tend to use a lots of apps to guide myself : 2 dictionaries at least, Baidu Maps or Google Maps, WeChat, Whatsapp, à VPN (must have in China) and the Web browser (I use Chrome), the Mi2S tends to overheat and the battery consumption seems higher than when I just bought it one year ago. Dunno if the hardware is getting older, I often use the battery saving power mode but it's not always practical. For example, you're outdoor in China during summer time, it's very very sunny, so you're really need your max brightness which the power saving mode won't provide.

With apps demanding more and more resources like storage or processing speed (Chrome is over 200 MB), the limited app storage and the overheating (I'm using a 3000 mAh battery) are really issues on a daily basis for me.

I might not upgrade to the Mi4 since I want 4G connectivity. It's not like the coverage is 'early as good as it should be, like in Paris (France), but in a year, it might be good enough to expect to have a permanent 4G connectivity in big cities.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

I'm going to be keeping my xiaomi mi3 64gb, plenty happy with it and the mi4 is not much off a upgrade spec wise. And hopefully the GPL will be released soon so we might see some custom Roms, but im plenty happy with miui and super excited for miui v6.

The biggest reason why I got the Mi2(S) was because it was the only flagship on the market at the time that wasn't a phablet, and while the Mi4 is certainly small (relatively speaking) for a 5" phone, I'm ditching Xiaomi because they now follow the same formula as every other manufacturer and believe bigger is better, when it's not.

My next phone will most likely be the Z1 Compact or Z3 Compact. I would consider the Mi4 if I could get it for dirt cheap though. Heck, I'd use a ****** iPhone for the right price.

Swyped from my Mi2S

I know its a matter of persssonal preference but i came from a z1 and note3 to mi3! mi3 was better then those two.

Xperia is cool for being waterproof, but annoying since everything is covered up behind doors..also dont excpect to easily flash anything custom on a xperia z1 device! Note the z1 compact is even more expensive than a mi4 64gb so why the heck you want that z1 compact, even the regular z1 is cheaper! ok might depend on the country as well!

to me the mi3 in 64gb was the perfect phone and actually better than my older z1, note3 and i sold it to justify keeping my oneplus one! Which was the stupidest thing to do! i miss my mi3 so much.. the oneplus is cool when its acting stable, most of the time its not!

So yes id be very happy to get the mi4, but im waiting for the wcdma 64gb in black to combine it with the walnut backcover, it looks so sick! and knowing xiaomi it will perform as good as it looks!

I'm going to be keeping my xiaomi mi3 64gb, plenty happy with it and the mi4 is not much off a upgrade spec wise. And hopefully the GPL will be released soon so we might see some custom Roms, but im plenty happy with miui and super excited for miui v6.
very wise ! but when you ever got the chance to sell the mi3 without to much of a loss,.the mi4 is the best phone out there!

I guess you missed the part about me not liking phablets.
if you still consider a device smaller than the s4 a phablet! then ok the mi3 was still a bit wide on the bezels, the mi4 is toned down a bit! less than 3mm wider than a z1 compact wich has a 4.3" vs mi4 5", i dont know but on paper the mi4 looks perfect size vs specs!

the camera on the z1 compact is great, superb build materials and waterproof is really cool! but i think specwise you will be missing the power of the mi4!

im not talking a redmi note size here! thats a phablet!

think about it, i dont want to disencourage you! just pick whats in your favour!

Last edited:
5 inch is not in phablet territory. Anything bigger then 5.5 is and that's really too big to make easy use off. 5 inch is as big as I really wanna go. But even the iPhone is going to 4.7 inch this year, and there supposed to making a 5.5 inch phone as well, that's a phablet for sure.

i would consider buying mi4 if its battery could last, at least, 2 days. I have mi2s now, and iam also waiting for android 4.4 officially

i would consider buying mi4 if its battery could last, at least, 2 days. I have mi2s now, and iam also waiting for android 4.4 officially
You should be able to get close to that with light usage. Battery life on the mi3 is great should be the same in the mi4 since they have basically the same size battery.

absolutely i think its save to say you totally can expect such results from mi4, i have same cpu in oneplus one and 5.5" screen on battery saver i can get around 8to9hours screentime!

but normal usage would get me around 50% a day.
Same result as a mi3! around 5+ hours screentime over 3g data and 48hours off the charge!

Hi , does anyone know if the mi4 will work in England? On O2 network?
I want to buy it but not sure if it will work. Thanks

Would buy it if they would support NFC (They dropped the support because they were saying only 1% of people using it,Thats so untrue,I bought NFC Tags for use with my MI3 and thats really great option that I would miss if I would upgrade and this why I wont) Also the most important feature I miss is the MHL connection,Wifi Display is so useless and bad,I would like to use MHL as the MI2S support,When I bought the MI3 I was told its support MHL but when I tried it...

To sum up if the MI4S would have :
Same specs is okay as even MI3 specs are great,MHL,NFC,Not too big (5Inch but not like the MI3 as the MI3 frame is too wide..Keep it like the MI4 which is more fit to the size of the screen)
And thats it!

i will buy one, because i don't have a mi3 otherwise i would not buy one!
i feel the same, the mi3 is still so good! and the price difference at resellers puts me off to get the mi4.

my sold mi3 might return by the end of the week and get traded for my oneplus one, the buyer had some trouble with it. The oneplus is a better pick for him considering his age and understanding of flashing roms etc.

One might say why trading in your betterspecked out oneplus for the mi3, well let me tell you. the screen, music and camera on the mi3 is a much better experience, its a shame i ditched it just for gaining an more exclusive and only slightly snappier phone!

Id love to get the mi3 back in return,

If not, then ill be selling the oneplus to get the mi4!!

i am very curious about the new nexus6 as well, rumors say it will by made by motorola! if thats true that will be a big plus!

but i also heard it will be like a 5.9"device and coming from a note3 the mi3 was very refreshing to use. SO powerfull and not to big! The mi4 looks even more promising.

i really hope the new nexus will get that boost, since allthough it was always high specked phone, it was always just a tat under the flagships, like last year 23oomah battery, no 3000+, screen colouring whitewashed! ireally hope its up to par with the rest!

but to be honest the mi3 surprised me so well i really think my phone will be the mi4! allthough stock android is coolest!!

Reactions: LCJML49