[ROM]Xiaomi Hongmi(Red Rice) - REDMI Unique (MIUI5,Stable 16, 3G on both cards)

Is better to make full backup in TWRP. ROMS boots and works fine, or bug in updater-script and flash nothing. I think is no possible to lost IMEI or MAC adress. I dont mix baseband. Before uploading and share link, 5 check that all is OK. But for full version make full backup.
When you flash WCDMA baseband to TD, you have no Wifi and 2G-3G signal. But, you can make Factory reset and flash correct ROM. Self tested :-D

any news? :3

@Sonic1SVK
If I customize your ROM 3.01 creating a new zip, copying, for example, in /system/app from ROM Ultimate SettingsProvider.apk, Settings.apk, stocksettings.apk, Stkselection.apk, there is any problem of permission?
how do you set the correct ones?
Thanks

Last edited:
Rom is working? When you flash ROM, updater-script inside set correct permissions. You need custom Recovery, stock e3 cant flash unsigned .zip

he tried the td version? well I don't even have a simcard in it.. so I don't know if the radio is working or not.. but I bet wifi willl work if the radio is working :)

The roms works great. Mi-tools doesn't chnage a single thing.. (like there's no root???) GravityBox doesn't work because no framework...

Last edited:
So I have no root, radio are working(I have wifi), mi-tools(no roots) and gravitybox(no framework error?!?!) are not working.

Also, the device keep spam this in logcat Unexpected value from native, I bet it slow down things.

For use wsm and mi tools muss enable in Security root rights. Root muss working. When wsm works, many funkctions Gravity box should working.

Sent from Xiaomi Redmi

Last edited:
  • New Settings menu (added Engineering mode, USB mode switch)
  • Improved GPS and EPO on both ROMS possible to reach this
  • Forced all 4cores to working. Depend on battery and CPU mode.
Sonic, thanks for the new ROMs.
Can you please clarify what is fixed with EPO and GPS?
AFAIK, the only problem with EPO is that mediatek ftp server (hardcoded into framework) is unavailable most of the time. I'm downloading epo files manually via http or with some apps from xda.
New settings - are the above mentioned changes only difference between full and lite versions?
What's the story with 4 cores? In stock roms all cores are working. I've seen only 2 cores working only in binbinshe ported roms.
Did you have any luck in getting 3G on both SIMs?

Hello, I'm back :) So I was curious why flappy bird is lagging with the phone... because sometime it doesn't lag at all... So I bet there's something consuming the cpu... I'm using the lite version for td phone ;)

On old REDMI and MIUI is stupid 2D/3D games lagging. Bad libs and optimilization. Try install AOSP ROM, works fine. This is no bug from my ROM, but bug from XIAOMI and closed patchrom

For problems with Mediatek servers, you can use GPS apps included in my ROM.

3G on Both Card? This is no so easy, no ETA. Relased when done ...

Last edited:
Hi Sonic1SVK; Your previous Roms was a possibility make calls over the internet (VoIP). In Unique 3.0.1 I do not see the possibilities, whether it is possibility to add this feature? Do I need to install an external application such as CSipSimple?
And one more thing this Rom leaves me very little memory max. 300MB; Ultimate from Stas had over 500 ..
However, a very big thanks - Zlaty Bazant for you!! Greetings from Wroclaw

I got a question and I think it has to do something with the ram management and the v6 supercharger script.
I can't really listen to music, neither to the normal app or to pandora or such.
The music starts, and randomly after some songs it just stopps. I need to activate it manually again, which is really annoying.
For example I start a song, everythink is ok. But when I press the home button, or open an app, it mostly closes the music.
I tried to lock the music app from getting killed, but it doesn't make a difference.

Do you got an Idea what I can do? Thank you^^

First steps to update ROM to Stable 16. EMAIL new from Nubia Mini. For better memory managment, testing new script package. Internet Call oficialy not supported in REDMI, but reverse engineering Binbische ROMs. I think bad configuration in V6 Super Charger script. Looking for solutions and testing in my phone.

On miui.cz is relased mu very Hot new ROM based on Stable 16 and ported ROM mixed with full Dual SIM Support 3G on both cards, enabled all posible langagues. On weekend will be relased after back report from users on my forum. Pleas stay be Tuned or check http://miui.cz/viewtopic.php?p=74152#p74152
On miui.cz is relased mu very Hot new ROM based on Stable 16 and ported ROM mixed with full Dual SIM Support 3G on both cards, enabled all posible langagues. On weekend will be relased after back report from users on my forum. Pleas stay be Tuned or check http://miui.cz/viewtopic.php?p=74152#p74152

Hi Sonic

Is it multi language ? I am actually using the ultimate ROMs but it lloks like the developper has disappeared. How is the dual sim working? Can we choose default sim to call, text, 3g etc... ?

Thank you for your help.

430mb????
It's loaded off useless apps and big ram consumption like previous version, I bet!