[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Xiaomi MI2 (aries)

No update today... It's like a ritual for me And my fiance.. First thing i do when open eyes is not kiss or hugh her but update... She asks me always if the little Android robot is waking with us this day...
So you should be happy again

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk

I decided to leave this beautiful ROM because of the battery drain of last nightlies. I'll try again to test this rom on system 2 later. Thanks for your work, btw

Hi, I have CM 4.4.2, but recently my phone notice me that is available an update for CM, the version of Android is 4.4.4.
It's normal that Tethering doesn't work?

Thanks.

Hi, I have CM 4.4.2, but recently my phone notice me that is available an update for CM, the version of Android is 4.4.4.
It's normal that Tethering doesn't work?

Thanks.
Depends on the device. Some carriers don't allow it. If you have a branded I think that's why you don't have it. You can use one of WiFi tehering apps u find on play store to do this. And I think u used cm installer so you were(/are) still running the old m2 released on Feb. A lot of things are changed in 5 months ;P

i'm using the ivan's ROM (4.4.2) aosp, it have the best battery life, i don´t know why, maybe for the ivan kernel? i tried the last nightly but the battery is not the same than ivan's ROM. Can you see what have that ROM?

i want CM!! haha

Reactions: mikegiord
i'm using the ivan's ROM (4.4.2) aosp, it have the best battery life, i don´t know why, maybe for the ivan kernel? i tried the last nightly but the battery is not the same than ivan's ROM. Can you see what have that ROM?

i want CM!! haha
I agree, ivan's kernel is better (concerning battery life), it's the only difference between two beautiful roms..

I agree, ivan's kernel is better (concerning battery life), it's the only difference between two beautiful roms..
So I'm not the only one want CM + ivan's kernel.
@XperianPro can you help us? I'd like to try it myself but downloading the source code on my slow internet connection takes forever... and I don't have enough empty disk space to use :( Since you're making a mod version of CM you must have the official CM source code already, can you take some time to compile ivan's kernel that can be flashed over official CM build for us? Thanks in advance.

Depends on the device. Some carriers don't allow it. If you have a branded I think that's why you don't have it. You can use one of WiFi tehering apps u find on play store to do this. And I think u used cm installer so you were(/are) still running the old m2 released on Feb. A lot of things are changed in 5 months ;P
Thank you.
I flash my Mi2 with the zip in this site for 4.4.2
I updated with OTA for 4.4.4

My rom has a bug.
It was a fresh install of cm11 nightly 29/8. I am using swiftkey keyboard, but standard gets always back to stock. I had xposed running, so to be sure I removed xposed. After that I updated to latest nightly 31/8, so xposed really shouldn't interfere any more.
Still, cm settings are loosing swiftkey as standard keyboard and reverts to stock after a while (seems after deep sleep).
Anyone experiencing the same? Any idea what else to log or report?

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk

So I'm not the only one want CM + ivan's kernel.
@XperianPro can you help us? I'd like to try it myself but downloading the source code on my slow internet connection takes forever... and I don't have enough empty disk space to use :( Since you're making a mod version of CM you must have the official CM source code already, can you take some time to compile ivan's kernel that can be flashed over official CM build for us? Thanks in advance.

Just replace RAMDISKs.

Reactions: linuxx
Just replace RAMDISKs.
Thanks for the reply.
I tried to extract boot.img from both official cm nightly rom and moonlight's cm11 rom (which uses ivan's kerenl) with Android Image Kitchen, then combined ramdisk from official rom and split_img from moonlight's rom, flashed this new boot.img and I'm stucked at bootloader (white mi logo) then I got no choice but force reboot and flash back to official kernel.
I must have done something wrong... help please x_x

Thanks for the reply.
I tried to extract boot.img from both official cm nightly rom and moonlight's cm11 rom (which uses ivan's kerenl) with Android Image Kitchen, then combined ramdisk from official rom and split_img from moonlight's rom, flashed this new boot.img and I'm stucked at bootloader (white mi logo) then I got no choice but force reboot and flash back to official kernel.
I must have done something wrong... help please x_x

You should just change ramdisk.imgs not combine them or something similar.

You should just change ramdisk.imgs not combine them or something similar.
When I extract boot.img with Android Image Kitchen, I got two folders, ramdisk and split_img, what I did was take ramdisk folder from official rom and split_img folder from moonlight's rom and run the script to get a new img.
Now I look into split_img folder and I see some files like boot.img-ramdiskcomp, boot.img-ramdiskoff, so I guess that's why I got stucked at bootloader...

What exactly is the right thing to do? Maybe I should use some other tools, could you name one?
I'm on Windows 7 x64 and can't get my hands on linux right now...

When I extract boot.img with Android Image Kitchen, I got two folders, ramdisk and split_img, what I did was take ramdisk folder from official rom and split_img folder from moonlight's rom and run the script to get a new img.
Now I look into split_img folder and I see some files like boot.img-ramdiskcomp, boot.img-ramdiskoff, so I guess that's why I got stucked at bootloader...

What exactly is the right thing to do? Maybe I should use some other tools, could you name one?
I'm on Windows 7 x64 and can't get my hands on linux right now...

Send me kernels,I will do it for you.

Hello,
I have a damage proximity sensor i'm trying to disable it but i don't now wich driver is the correct one in /sys/bus.
Some one can help me? Because the sensor is allways at 0cm so when i make a call i see a black screen.

My version is cm-11-20140708-SNAPSHOT-M8-aries.zip
I think that the error doesn't depends from carrier but from a bug caused by the OTA update.

And if I flash the latest nightlies?

Oh first reboot today while making picture with *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*. Last nightly. Why? Never happened that

well found another annoying bug (i think)
when i connect otg udb drive its writing me that is mounting it but in the file explorer i cant see anything on the drive.
read some comments about cm11 4.4 that its not yet available...

someone know somthing about it?
p.s

the MHL also dosent work for me.. does it work for someone here ??

The last time, which is one or two months ago, i used USB OTG - USB stick on the phone, it worked without any issues.
If i find my otg adapter again i can check again.

MHL never worked for me, might also depend on the MHL-adapter.. (in the meanwhile i have a chromecast :) )

@Alon A
I got my MHL work, but I have to connect it twice.
The first time I connect it, the phone will become noticeable slow, like it's already working but there's no video/audio output. Then I have to disconnect the cable, and connect it again - this time I got both video & audio output.
But some times it's unstable, like for about 30 minute it would disconnect and recover in a few seconds, maybe I got a bad cable...

OTG worked perfectly on MIUI but not with CM11
also tried using some NTFS APPS but nothing worked.

also the MHL, i hope it will work again because its worked for me on other phones...