Micro USB port connexion problems

My M2A had the same problem and thanks to this thread, i ordered a USB Flex cable and replaced myself and its working fine.

Flex cable that i received looks same except that while booting i see "Android" shown at the bottom of screen.

For those who have replaced the flex cable, does the issue occur again?

Same problem here, this sucks big time.

Ordered the new sparepart at Ibuygou through regular mail. So I have to be patient

Android you see after 4.6.20 update, not for the cable
Thank you. Did not realize as i had updated firmware too same day.
So will i be seeing flex cable problem again in 6 months?
What is causing flex cable not to work? For me it does not appear to be soldering issue ? Could micro usb be broken form inside?

I just replaced the USB connector flex cable. After assembling it again, the left middle housing (non mic side) does not fit entirely on the phone base. This creates a little gap between the housing and the base and between the housing and backcover...The new USB works fine, but I can't seem to find out why the housing isn't entirely ''clicking'' on the base.

I just replaced the USB connector flex cable. After assembling it again, the left middle housing (non mic side) does not fit entirely on the phone base. This creates a little gap between the housing and the base and between the housing and backcover...The new USB works fine, but I can't seem to find out why the housing isn't entirely ''clicking'' on the base.
This is because the joints that has not gone well, in my case it is bent, you have to first attach the bottom
In my case, after several times of opening are broken

you can see them from the USB connection and contacts antrenna

Thank you for the pictures and sharing your experience. I have the same problem and also ordered the usb part from Ibuygou website. Phone is 13 months old, should be able to last one more year if I get it properly fixed. Again, thanks for sharing !

Hi all!
I come from the spanish xiaomi forum where I coudn't solve this issue.
I had the wide known charging problems with my Mi2a (usually had to bend the cable near the micro-USB connector so that the phone charged). So I found on the net that the solution was to change the "flex".

So I bought one, changed it and then:
- could only charge the phone with the original adapter and cable that came with the Mi2A phone.
- couldn't charge the phone on any of my powerbanks
- couldn't charge the phone on the computer (with the problems of not being able to access the phone from pc)
- couldn't charge the phone with any adapter/cable but the original that came with the phone (tried combinations with original adapter + another cable or new adapter + original cable and didn't work either).

So maybe the new flex is not working properly but it is VERY strange that only with the ORIGINAL Charger/Cable from Xiaomi the phone get charged.

Here you can see the original charger/cable from xiaomi:
(seems like i cannot post them because i'm new here)
And here the new flex (I removed it from the phone and I put the old one again):
(idem)

Do you have any clue of what is happening here?
Thanks a lot

Hi,
I have mi Mi2a since 6 month, i take very good care of it, but since 4 weeks, I have connexion problem on my micro usb charge port. I need toput the cable and the phone in a certain way that the cable weight down when the phone repose on his back.

This night it became a worse as the phone discharge totally because of cycling through charging/not charging (false contact with usb cable) and i had to shut it down
i am not sure though if the problem come from the micro usb plug itself or the soldering on the board. i was looking for a kind of repair manual or instruction or exploded view to know wich part i have to replace and where to find it.

I am not afraid to do repair as repairing phone is my job, but i prefer to gather information first, even i know it'll put it OOW.

Thanks for your help

Hello Lilins ,
This happened maybe caused by your micro usb becomes loose and it can't connect usb cable properly . I think you can change a usb connector and it will be ok . micro usb connector often has problem like this . If you can repair by yourself ,it is cheap for you to do this . You only need to buy a micro usb connector .

Reactions: lilins