MULTI 4.8.22 - Last v5 for Mi3/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
what about update 4.8.15 for "note 2" based on Android 4.4 . dose it work well ?
and what about Official Xiaomi said there is not update after 4.8.8 for note 2 ?

forget about installing 4.8.18 KK for Note 2. I reverted back to 4.8.8 JB because 4.4 is far too buggy. Music player doesn't work, Bluetooth not working, Browser crashes, search bar doesn't work...and thats only after a day of having it on my phone. I suggest wait few weeks until becomes more stable. Xiaomi only interested in there own hardware first.

thanks a lot
now i have Android 4.4 on my phone can i instal 4.8.8 or i should back to Android 4.1

This version is last MIUIv5 for Mi3W and Mi4... We will release MIUIv6 for them this friday...
There will be no OTA from v5 to v6 for now...

we will include in v6 only new updated languages.. so for now they are:
- English
- Polish
- Slovak
- Czech
- Bulgarian
- Croatian
- Hungarian
- Italian
- French

Last edited:
This version is last MIUIv5 for Mi3W and Mi4... We will release MIUIv6 for them this friday...
There will be no OTA from v5 to v6 for now...

we will include in v6 only new updated languages.. so for now they are:
- English
- Polish
- Slovak
- Czech
- Bulgarian
- Croatian
- Hungarian
- Italian
- French

The other languages will come eventually?

Thanks!

it is somehow sad that miui 6 is not multilanguage by default, I mean the work you do is admirable but seriously? no multilanguage for a rom preinstalled in devices sold in millions worldwide...

Reactions: rastas
thanks a lot
now i have Android 4.4 on my phone can i instal 4.8.8 or i should back to Android 4.1
If rolling back from KK --> JB then you will need to do a clean install. Back up your ROM first and you should be OK or just go to Settings -> Backup & reset -> Local backups -> Backup and backup up the System and Apps that you need. Before you wipe the system make sure to copy the backup from internal storage to external or your PC (stored in MIUI -> backup -> AllBackup) folder.
These guys do a great job here giving us translated versions but to all Note 2 users, it is advisable to stick with last stable JB 4.4.8 version.

it is somehow sad that miui 6 is not multilanguage by default, I mean the work you do is admirable but seriously? no multilanguage for a rom preinstalled in devices sold in millions worldwide...

The global ROM should be multilanguage... but I think they are adding the languages when they enter new markets, like Malaysia, India...

It's not sold worldwide.

Actually until recently it was basically China only. So we can be glad that they included english.

It's not sold worldwide.

Actually until recently it was basically China only. So we can be glad that they included english.

wikipedia:

In 2014, Xiaomi announced its international expansion outside of China with their first stop in Singapore. The international headquarters will also be set up in the city-state, which will coordinate all activities including future product launches in the region.[31] Xiaomi's Redmi and Mi3 phone made their debuts in Singapore on February 21 and March 7 respectively.[32][33] On 7 March, Xiaomi Mi3 batches sold out within 2 minutes of the opening day sale in Singapore.[34] Following Singapore, The company has already landed in Malaysia, Philippines and India,[35] and also has plans to enter Indonesia, Thailand, Russia, Turkey, Brazil and Mexico in the following months.

Your point being?

Once they have been released in those countries, languages will most certainly be available accoringly.

Your point being?

Once they have been released in those countries, languages will most certainly be available accoringly.

My point was that with that ambitious plan I would have expected MIUI v6 to be multilang already, but yes you are probably right I am guessing they will not remain English Chinese only when they land on those markets.

Also they are already benefiting from the work of the translators here, many of the chinese sellers in ebay, aliexpress and others they send their devices with the multilang ROM preinstalled :cool:

But anyway just thanks again and looking forward to see the HTOX ready for download!

Most of the ported builds were already ready on Tuesday from Xiaomi. I am guessing these guys that are also beta testers of MIUI v6 have been really busy, so we shall give them a break.

No significant changes in last Friday's update though...

Hi! I wonder when was the last date update(exact date for the translation!) for the Portuguese language in ROM hongmi WCDMA (WCDMA Xiaomi Hongmi - Stable 17.0.0 Multilang), and if a new update is expected, because from what I've read in forums, has presented some bugs.

Thank you for your opinion.

best regards

It's the first time i use this multi lang version, upgraded from official version.
It seems Car Mode quick switch button is no longer supported, is this change made by MIUI multi-lang or by MIUI official?

Our change. Car mode uses Voice Assist which is Chinese only app that we remove from roms.

Wysłane z MI4 W

Our change. Car mode uses Voice Assist which is Chinese only app that we remove from roms.

Wysłane z MI4 W

Hi! i now that is not the right place to asking, but i wonder when was the last date update(exact date for the translation!) for the Portuguese language in ROM hongmi WCDMA (WCDMA Xiaomi Hongmi - Stable 17.0.0 Multilang), and if a new update is expected, because from what I've read in forums, has presented some bugs.

Thank you for your opinion.

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.