Difference between real and fake red mi (hongmi) note - hm note 1w

Hi all

I bought at aliexpress from singapore seller Sam Lin

I am on vacations in other country, my sister received the phone.

Now : the packaging is, according to my sister, exactly the same as the pictures on the right in the beginning of this thread.

Curious thing is that IMEI and SN (I got IMEI by typing *#06# and it matches imei on box) passes xiaomi website originality test.
It says redmi note 2g enhanced unicom
Does it mean I will get refund battle or is it original?

edit : id also like to point out that afaik box was pre-opened, because battery was already inside the phone. it may be the seller checking for originality himself before reselling to me :) he might have scratched the back of the box for check thus misleading my sister

basically my question is this : if IMEI and SN checks at xiaomi website, is it 200% sure confirmation of originality.
edit2 : looks like chinese domestic box has scratchable 20 numbers code with holo sticker, export version do not have, which explains box differences.
now, en.miui.com posts suggest that SN IMEI is not fault proof and only hardware checking can ensure if its original : 2GB RAM, 8GB ROM, 8x1,66Ghz cpu and mali-450 mean its original. also small details like 1,5mm camera lens.

guess I will be able to check it only when I got back to my country.. ehhh.

Last edited:
Hi all

I bought at aliexpress from singapore seller Sam Lin

I am on vacations in other country, my sister received the phone.

Now : the packaging is, according to my sister, exactly the same as the pictures on the right in the beginning of this thread.

Curious thing is that IMEI and SN (I got IMEI by typing *#06# and it matches imei on box) passes xiaomi website originality test.
It says redmi note 2g enhanced unicom
Does it mean I will get refund battle or is it original?

edit : id also like to point out that afaik box was pre-opened, because battery was already inside the phone. it may be the seller checking for originality himself before reselling to me :) he might have scratched the back of the box for check thus misleading my sister

basically my question is this : if IMEI and SN checks at xiaomi website, is it 200% sure confirmation of originality.
edit2 : looks like chinese domestic box has scratchable 20 numbers code with holo sticker, export version do not have, which explains box differences.
now, en.miui.com posts suggest that SN IMEI is not fault proof and only hardware checking can ensure if its original : 2GB RAM, 8GB ROM, 8x1,66Ghz cpu and mali-450 mean its original. also small details like 1,5mm camera lens.

guess I will be able to check it only when I got back to my country.. ehhh.
Installed antifake_10022.apk from xiaomi website: https://app.box.com/s/x4542z5ometok6i4rzmx

added dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rypfnr72jis873y/antifake_10022.apk?dl=0

one more link: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=15469533&uk=1745656029

Last edited:
hello to all, I also bought myself a note redmi maybe fake, but I can not understand some things:
1.by checking IMEI me as a result of this:

这是一台红米 Note 联通增强版 8GB 白色收货地区: 广东深圳市下单时间: 05/20/2014 12:03:46 如上述收货信息与您的个人信息不符, 请确认是否为官方渠道所购买.
In English:
This is an enhanced version of red rice notes Unicom 8GB White Receiving Area: Shenzhen, Guangdong Order Time: 05/20/2014 12:03:46 Receiving the above information with your personal information does not match, please confirm Whether the official channels of the purchase.

2. The rom installed, it would seem TDCMA version and not the WDCMA but there is HM MODEL NUMBER NOTES NOTES HM 1W and not 1TD

3. Why CPUZ on the screen is 540x960 while on AnTuTu is 1280x720? And one says that the processor is MTK6572 MTK6589 1.7GHz the other says 1.5ghz

the cell runs fine but the rom has some problems(2G/3g works fine, some problems with the sync google acc)..if install recovery (which is now in Chinese) and the latest release multilanguage can i risk brik?

hello to all, I also bought myself a note redmi maybe fake, but I can not understand some things:
1.by checking IMEI me as a result of this:

这是一台红米 Note 联通增强版 8GB 白色收货地区: 广东深圳市下单时间: 05/20/2014 12:03:46 如上述收货信息与您的个人信息不符, 请确认是否为官方渠道所购买.
In English:
This is an enhanced version of red rice notes Unicom 8GB White Receiving Area: Shenzhen, Guangdong Order Time: 05/20/2014 12:03:46 Receiving the above information with your personal information does not match, please confirm Whether the official channels of the purchase.

2. The rom installed, it would seem TDCMA version and not the WDCMA but there is HM MODEL NUMBER NOTES NOTES HM 1W and not 1TD

3. Why CPUZ on the screen is 540x960 while on AnTuTu is 1280x720? And one says that the processor is MTK6572 MTK6589 1.7GHz the other says 1.5ghz

the cell runs fine but the rom has some problems(2G/3g works fine, some problems with the sync google acc)..if install recovery (which is now in Chinese) and the latest release multilanguage can i risk brik?
Ur device is 100% fake device. Install antutuX and it will show everything.

Btw many people r waiting to get some Roms for this fake device. So I would suggest u not to risk unbrick. Coz it may go into dead mode and u won't be able to recover it again.

I see that Amanda Ge seller of fake phones is offline these days and even her store link is disabled. I guess ali express is taking actions on this cheater. Good for us. Hope we get our money back.

Any update from u guys?

@Zohaibbadarpura I bought redmi note from Amanda Ge.. I saw ur post about fake redmi note, all the cpuz spec u posted is the mirror image of my device. Identical to the fake device ur have...

have to tried "MtkDroidTools v2.5.3" software and check whether it's fake processor or real like my Image
attachment.php

There are different models for asia and rest of the world.
Confusion can be occurred between these 2 versions. Following link provides correct information about all the phomes and models of xiaomi. Just check the difference before buying :)

en.miui.com/thread-46159-1-1.html (in english language)

miui.com/thread-46159-1-1.html (in Chinese language )

Hi guys I need a little help identifying if mines an original or fake. My rear camera is faulty from day of purchase. And xiaomi said it could be fake. Anti fake app said it was fake also.
But it has signs of being real. Look at pics provided please.

May I add I have updated with what I believe to be the original rom . so its really confused me.

Screenshot_2014-11-01-18-04-18.png
Screenshot_2014-11-01-18-12-51.png Screenshot_2014-11-01-18-13-04.png Screenshot_2014-11-01-18-19-28.png Screenshot_2014-11-01-18-19-06.png Screenshot_2014-11-01-18-12-36.png Screenshot_2014-11-01-18-22-18.png Screenshot_2014-11-01-18-22-32.png

Last edited:
Hi guys I need a little help identifying if mines an original or fake. My rear camera is faulty from day of purchase. And xiaomi said it could be fake. Anti fake app said it was fake also.
But it has signs of being real. Look at pics provided please.

May I add I have updated with what I believe to be the original rom . so its really confused me.

View attachment 9021
View attachment 9014 View attachment 9015 View attachment 9016 View attachment 9017 View attachment 9018 View attachment 9019 View attachment 9020

Try the latest MiPhone Anti-Fake Identifier app from here http://en.miui.com/thread-29683-1-1.html