[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

Could any of you help me with this, i've been trying to connect my mi2s to windows while on "mount USB storage" but it keeps telling me it needs a format before I can I have access (if I try it on linux, nothing happens, I can't see the device). Is there anyway to prevent this? Thanks for your help!

why i can't install CWM for mi2s from mi2 recovery ? i rename its update.zip and put in root sdcard directory, then im using recovery to update it but it report update.zip signature verification fail, im using miui-JLB 42.0 and im make many ways but not success. Please, who can help me?

Xiaomi locked down recovery. That's why you have to use fastboot to install CWM.

I suppose that was before Xiaomi decided that they don't want to allow for free customization (i also didn't know it was closed)
Probably. Anyway, I am very surprised that Xiaomi locked down MiRecovery?! I never heard it before. None of MIUI changelogs included this change.

Reactions: cbpbxecmecmbeh
Hi Everyone,
I downloaded latest version of CWM. Changed to "update.zip" and installed on my root. Booted to recovery and tried to flash. Gets to 98% and fails. Checked download and MD5Sum and its all good. Tried using updater and the phone is telling me it 'cant update at the moment. Touch "OK" to report this error to engineers'.

This is a new Mi2s that I installed MIUI 6 on version 4.9.19 from official downloads and now wanted to use WIUI. Even tried straight update to WIUI but that also failed with same 'cant update....' message.

I have kept trying and it just all fails. Bit frustrated at the moment. Any advice appreciated so I can get WIUI on my phone pref with CWM.

Thanx
Staylong

Hi Everyone,
I downloaded latest version of CWM. Changed to "update.zip" and installed on my root. Booted to recovery and tried to flash. Gets to 98% and fails. Checked download and MD5Sum and its all good. Tried using updater and the phone is telling me it 'cant update at the moment. Touch "OK" to report this error to engineers'.

This is a new Mi2s that I installed MIUI 6 on version 4.9.19 from official downloads and now wanted to use WIUI. Even tried straight update to WIUI but that also failed with same 'cant update....' message.

I have kept trying and it just all fails. Bit frustrated at the moment. Any advice appreciated so I can get WIUI on my phone pref with CWM.

Thanx
Staylong
I guess that the problem is that:

Xiaomi locked down recovery. That's why you have to use fastboot to install CWM.

Fortinho Hi

Help explaining fastboot process. I didn't ask at first because I thought I could figure it out myself from posts and whatever instructions are online. Unfortunately I cannot find exactly what I need in terms of files (apart from CMR) to do this job.

Please, can you explain the process for me in layman terms, step-by-step, and what I need so that I can feel confident I will not screw up the phone.

Sorry but I am an old fart but a bit of a baby when it comes to doing this kind of thing.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Fortinho Hi

Help explaining fastboot process. I didn't ask at first because I thought I could figure it out myself from posts and whatever instructions are online. Unfortunately I cannot find exactly what I need in terms of files (apart from CMR) to do this job.

Please, can you explain the process for me in layman terms, step-by-step, and what I need so that I can feel confident I will not screw up the phone.

Sorry but I am an old fart but a bit of a baby when it comes to doing this kind of thing.

Cheers and thanks in advance.
Use xiaomitool instead

Hi, I'm using the special edition of miui V6 for my xiaomi mi2.
But when i try to install the last version of clockwork mod it's says me an error and the installation fail.
How can i install CWM for then install WIUI V6?

Sorry for my english but I'm italian!

Thanks to all