Which Mi Four

Geoff Hill

Members
Jul 6, 2012
Hi folks, I'm going to be in China shortly and looking to buy a Mi-Four. Looking on the website there are four options, just to confuse me. I use Three in the UK so can some kind person tell me which version works here. When I'm in China I get China Unicom when using my Mi-One and Three in the UK.
  • 联通3G版

• 支持联通3G网络
    支持联通和移动2G网络
  • 电信3G版
    支持电信、联通3G网络
    支持电信、联通和移动2G网络

• 移动4G版
    支持移动4G、3G网络
    支持移动和联通2G网络

• 合约版
    送话费送流量
    联通3G、电信3G版在售
Google Translation

Unicom 3G version
Unicom 3G network support
China Unicom and China Mobile 2G network support
Telecom 3G version
Support Telecom, China Unicom 3G network
Support Telecom, China Unicom and China Mobile 2G network
Mobile 4G version
Support mobile 4G, 3G network
Mobile and China Unicom 2G network support
Contracts edition
Send the bill to send traffic
Unicom 3G, 3G version in the sale of telecommunications

It's very simple. Up for this moment there are only 2 versions of Mi4 in sale. The WCDMA 3G and 4G TD LTE variant. You have to buy WCDMA 3G so those are 2 options from the left. Don't buy 4G model.

Wysłane z MI4 W

Reactions: Geoff Hill
Hi folks, I'm going to be in China shortly and looking to buy a Mi-Four. Looking on the website there are four options, just to confuse me. I use Three in the UK so can some kind person tell me which version works here. When I'm in China I get China Unicom when using my Mi-One and Three in the UK.
  • 联通3G版

• 支持联通3G网络
    支持联通和移动2G网络
  • 电信3G版
    支持电信、联通3G网络
    支持电信、联通和移动2G网络

• 移动4G版
    支持移动4G、3G网络
    支持移动和联通2G网络

• 合约版
    送话费送流量
    联通3G、电信3G版在售
Google Translation

Unicom 3G version
Unicom 3G network support
China Unicom and China Mobile 2G network support
Telecom 3G version
Support Telecom, China Unicom 3G network
Support Telecom, China Unicom and China Mobile 2G network
Mobile 4G version
Support mobile 4G, 3G network
Mobile and China Unicom 2G network support
Contracts edition
Send the bill to send traffic
Unicom 3G, 3G version in the sale of telecommunications

If you buy Xiaomi 4 to use in UK ,you need to buy Unicom 3G version (联通3G版). This is WCDMA version .WCDMA version is available for European . Hope this is useful for you .

Wonderful many thanks

Weclome . Hope you can get the correct WCDMA version you need . What is important ,if you are in China ,you'd better buy it on mi.com official website or you can buy it from 联通shop . From these channel ,you can buy the 100% original MI4 .If you buy from other shops ,it may be copy . Hope it can be helpful for you .

in all cases donot buy "Unicom 3G version"
1) It does not have MIUI recovery
2) No menu in updater to load a new ROM. So you can get any ROM on it,...
3) Just 1 GB for apps in internal storage.

Now that has put the cat in with the pidgins, where do we go from here as I'm now totally confused. I'm a bit surprised they would make an inferior product for their main sales area, so I will ask Acids question, where did you get your M4? This is a link from the Xiaomi website giving the specs. http://www.mi.com/mi4/params, the second or third one down seems to fit the bill. A phone call may be the the answer and a job for my wife lol.

Yep I bought a Mi4 64GB 3g wcdma version couple of weeks ago and it has been working perfectly on the O2 (giffgaff) network in the UK for me.

Sent from my MI 4W

Last edited:
Did you get it direct from Xiaomi or off the net somewhere. I'm sure that as long as I buy the right one it will work well in the UK as my Mi-One has worked seamlessly on both O2, Three and China Unicom here in China

I think you shouldn't even care about what YBQ wrote. Probably he got fake phone and he thought it's real Mi4. China Unicom is a WCDMA model so it is the right phone you should buy when living in Europe. Also all genuine Mi4 have MI Recovery.

Wysłane z MI4

I was thinking that and will go for the China Unicom version when I get sorted, thanks all for your help and input

Did you get it direct from Xiaomi or off the net somewhere. I'm sure that as long as I buy the right one it will work well in the UK as my Mi-One has worked seamlessly on both O2, Three and China Unicom here in China
I bought mine from Xiaomishop, who are in my view one of the best resellers of Xiaomi devices. They have an EU warehouse that they ship products from, plus they also test every device before they send it out.

Sent from my MI 4W

I think you shouldn't even care about what YBQ wrote. Probably he got fake phone and he thought it's real Mi4. China Unicom is a WCDMA model so it is the right phone you should buy when living in Europe. Also all genuine Mi4 have MI Recovery.

Wysłane z MI4

I have done a check here: "http://order.mi.com/service/imei", where I found its China Unicom version bought on August 8, and I have ran Antutu, Quadrant, CPUz, 3D Benchmark... all say it has 16GB internal in total, 3 GB RAM and 2.5GHz Quadcore. The only issue I have its somehow locked and does not allow to install any other ROM except what comes through its updater.

Is there anyone on this forum who has "China Unicom version" and does not have issues that I have??

Lol. Most here have unicom variants as it has WCDMA support. Can you tell us where did you buy the phone?

Well nothing more to say you should make sure you have original phone.

Do a MiFlash and flash latest Miui v5 fastboot package with MIUI. This will format the device and bring back recovery. Of course if this device is not fake.

Wysłane z MI4

That's not an online shop I've ever heard of, they might have stitched you up and sent you a fake.

Why didin't you order from somewhere like Xiaomishop, Xiaomiworld or oppomart. Those are the licenced resellers that I know about.

Sent from my MI 4W

Xiaomishop, Xiaomiworld or oppomart don't ship to Pakistan. But the site which is pretty big here, places an order through these site to Europe and then bring them here. It takes 2 months for the entire process.

Xiaomishop, Xiaomiworld or oppomart don't ship to Pakistan. But the site which is pretty big here, places an order through these site to Europe and then bring them here. It takes 2 months for the entire process.
Hmm well xiaomishop ships from EU warehouse. Also you could have tried using a forwarding service, otherwise all someone to receive it in Europe and then ship it to you in Pakistan.

Sent from my MI 4W

Well what's done is done... and I am stuck with a piece of crap
It's actually a fantastic device, you were just unlucky.

You know you could just sell it onto someone and buy yourself another one from a different seller.

Sent from my MI 4W