Cm11- suddenly no mic and earpiece is working

Anyone want to try the newer audio libs, supplied by HTC for the M7, also snapdragon 600 based? The guys from venomroms dot com have extracted them as a flashable zip from the HTC Australian ota update and it works fine for them. Look on the main venomroms website, it's the top news item

Reactions: X4nfire
Last edited:
Well, no. I am on mokee now and bug free since two days so I prefer not to flash anything that could alter my tests.
Htc one, Nexus4 and mi2 however are very similar in hardware

Very Sorry man! :(
But it was worth to try IMHO.
However it's very strange that new EXTRA audio libs block the system boot.

I fixed the mic issus by changing back Form Art to dalvic so just a question do you usw cm11 with dalvic or art

I'm using Dalvic all the time. So red herring.
I just did a clean flash this morning with khaon ss new kernel all works i switch to art an the mic was silenced than i switch back to dalvic and it worksworks but if you are still in dalvic there must be something else

I just did a clean flash this morning with khaon ss new kernel all works i switch to art an the mic was silenced than i switch back to dalvic and it worksworks but if you are still in dalvic there must be something else
Sometimes the problem takes a lot time to appear, 3 days for me, and it's not a problem of art.

Why aren't you freezing checkin service?
Is not working for you? For me, at start, I had some Wakelocks but then it stopped and for a while now everything is working ok

I froze the service and deteled the audio files and works great!
But sometimes sistemUI crashes and restarts :s

Please test this:

First re-enable the disabled Google services. Restart your phone and try to make a call,then when no sound:

Take out your SIM card then re-insert and re-start your phone.
Go To: Settings/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names (APNs) top right three dots/ Click: Reset to Default.
Click your carrier's name--"Edit acces point" menu--APN Protocol--Change this from IPV4 to IPv6. Then 3 dots-save.
Restart and report what happend.

Please test this:

First re-enable the disabled Google services. Restart your phone and try to make a call,then when no sound:

Take out your SIM card then re-insert and re-start your phone.
Go To: Settings/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names (APNs) top right three dots/ Click: Reset to Default.
Click your carrier's name--"Edit acces point" menu--APN Protocol--Change this from IPV4 to IPv6. Then 3 dots-save.
Restart and report what happend.
It's working!!
How Is related to apn?

Last edited:
It's working!!
The Is related to apn?
Interesting... But will it continue to work? HTC fixed the issue permanently (as far as we know) with newer audio codec libraries. Probably the amr was the one fixing the odd behaviour. But how would that relate to IPv6 apn settings?

Thanks for trying anyway, keep calling and report back often! :) we all want good news!

Disabling checkin service helped for a couple of days, but now checkin handsoff wakelock is present for 100% of the time

Reactions: Unlocked
Such a shame I didn't see this post before. I had exactly the same with CM and tried quite a lot of options including a clean install. Even without installing any add-ons it occurred for me. Usually after a few restarts of the phone it starts and a full cache clean resettled it.
At the end I bought myself a new phone due to lack of time to figure everything out. By now I went totally back to scratch including partitions and boot loader and installed MIUI 6.
Quess what. The damn phone works perfect again. At least my son is happy now.