Replacement screens!!!

Thanks, at least I know what not to buy. Anybody else that can comment on this? Had a good experience?

Fulcrumall has a lot good rewiews. I bought from them some accessories. They even made video tutorial how to replace screen on mi2s

Wysłane z mojego HM 1SW przy użyciu Tapatalka

Good day.
I have a question on the screen exchange.
In my original screen has the A05 code in the flat cable.
I did not see the same code on any screen for sale.
Other code will work normally?
Does anyone here bought the Dragon TT?

I have bought the 62 dollar OEM version off of Dragon TT. Just arrived at house, and I am at work. Will do repairing tonight or tomorrow. I will be able to tell you more about the screen then.

Reactions: Mleo
Good. if you can send feedback, I will be grateful.
You can enter the codes in the flat cable both the original screen as the one you bought?
Sorry for bad english, google translator.

So, exchanging the screens was a piece of cake. Dragon TT sends a screen, some tools (screwdriver en prye tools, really nice!) and a screen protector in the box. It was easy getting the casing off the phone. Then it was just a matter of unhooking the connector, placing the motherboard in the other casing, connecting the connectors and screwing them together again. 15 minutes max. The code on my original screen: B03 The code on the replacement screen: B05. Colours seem a bit blueish but that could be because I just came of my old phone (Sony Xperia P with really white colours). Overall screen quality seems fine!

All pictures: https://plus.google.com/105366541488324038984/posts/jC4vCixYbur

Last edited:
For the last month I 've been using a replacement screen for my Mi2 from Xiaomishop. I don't seem to have any significant problems. The screen came with a tampered glass protector. Replacement was easy. Just sharing...

Στάλθηκε από το MI 2 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

How is the white colour? It seems my Dragon TT screen shows whites more as grey. I've compared it to other phones and ipads. Not really disturbing but it isn't the quality I expected, it's performing so-so. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

I have the 'original'. But if that's supposed to be the best quality, I feel sorry for people who have bought the OEM.
The 'original' quality is not that good.

Woutur, grateful for the feedback, helped a lot.
Silas, how can I be sure that the screen is really original? Forgive the question, but in aliexpress sell screens with good quality for $ 40. Your screen costs US $ 62.00 plus shipping, will stay in almost US $ 80.00

Both of OEM mi2 complete screen and Original mi2 complete screen have original LCD screen.
Even if you buy the oem's the quality is not too bad. But the original has better light transmission than the oem's.
Mleo, if you want to save money you can buy the oem's.Only $ 42 in dragon-tt.com. Only if you buy an original's and test it then you can know if it is original's. The original mi2 LCD screen is not as cheap as $ 40.

vdhmaaarten, you will not see shiny lines generally. Only you can see lines in strong light. It is normal.

In original screen with frame you can see plastic sheet like this.
upload_2014-12-24_21-52-26.png

vdhmaaarten and mleo: someone reported in a dutch forum that the following screen is just like the original: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Black-F...e_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2a3fad0a4a

Only takes ages to ship (4 to 5 weeks) but saves you around 50 dollar.
Hi!

I can report that this screen is very god. I have accidentaly broken my touch (the screen was working fine... ) and ordered it. It was by far cheaper than one that my friend ordered somewhere else (I think his was around $80) when his screen broke.

The screen is not exactly as original, you can see on back that this part is not so well finished (there are some plastic color 'stains') as original, but when mounted no one can see this so no issue for me. Bigger remark goes wehen I turned on the phone and was surprised when i found some light bleeding from bottom of the screen. This can be seen when the screen in this bottom section is white/very bright... So, all in all I will give it 9/10 score, mostly because of price since I think if it is so cheap compared to other replacement screens I can skip over this two issues.

So, for other Mi2s lovers which (hopefully...) will (...not) have issues to replace screen to know that there is no need to spend 2,5x money for replacement part.

Also, I almost forgot to mention that the package came by regular post (IMHO) very quickly, in two weeks from China to Europe, Croatia.

My friend which had bought that replacement screen for around $80 got later problems with screen brightness adjustment for first, and then the proximity sensor stopped working after two weeks. I hope this will not happen to my Mi2s... If it happens surely will I report here for others to know. Also, prior to writing this post, I have seen post about this proximity sensor problem so heading now there to see what others have to say or there is a solution.

Cheers!

The proximity sensor is not on the screen.
is of the plate.
On the screen are two holes that let the light in.
These sometimes holes are too large and let in lots of light.
Thus the sensor can not get a reading.
The solution is to make a mask with electrical tape and soldering iron.
It has a video explaining in another topic.
If that does not work, I believe that only by replacing the sensor module

Reactions: ToMo73
Hi Mleo,

now I have read that other thread and seen pictures and video in it. Will pass through to my friend who has this problem. It is weird that did not happen immediately when he changed screen but approximately after two weeks usage... strange. But we will try solution from that other thread.

But thank you anyway for reply!

Can anybody tell me/help me where can I get original display for Mi2? I don't want crappy low-cost fake with terrible colors, backlight or waves on touch (Aliexpres), I don't want see the 'dots' on screen (Ibuygou). I need the same display that comes with my Mi2 over 3 years ago. Thanks folks
edit: is this really good choice? http://dragon-tt.com/xx.aspx?id=615

Last edited:
Reactions: datu82
Can anybody tell me/help me where can I get original display for Mi2? I don't want crappy low-cost fake with terrible colors, backlight or waves on touch (Aliexpres), I don't want see the 'dots' on screen (Ibuygou). I need the same display that comes with my Mi2 over 3 years ago. Thanks folks

http://beexz.com/p/653-lcd-screen-frame-for-xiaomi-m2-m2s

Top seller! He helped me a ton, when I needed to send my phone to China and fix the microphone. Yes, website isn't the prettiest, yes, his english isn't the best. But from my personal experience, I can guarantee, he sells genuine items. And by the way, I have no Idea how he get's these displays, as they aren't up for sale, but they are indeed OEM ones.

I command my screen on this site, no problem, everythink work fine, original screen i think

Replaced screen on 2 mi2s, first one worked very well without any hitch (first one I did); second one well screen stays "black" won't display anything but I see the led blinking and the phone is actually turned one (ubuntu recognizes it...) any idea what could have gone wrong or what I could check? Did the check by switching the screen to the working phone and it still worked so pretty sure its not the screen...

I've bought twice the entire display posted a bith back from Ebay; works flawless on one but the other phone response is a bith meh... Any ideas?

I'm struggling with my repair as well: it's not turning on anymore. I broke the screen a month ago; picture still showed but touch was gone on most of the screen's surface. I ordered the replacement from the ebay link discussed here before (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Black-F...e_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2a3fad0a4a).

Now it can't turn on with either the old screen or the new one. The battery light flashes red and then green but it stays off. It won't initiate boot it seems; I think it might have vibrated once or twice but otherwise the screen stays fully off. It would seem that I did something wrong when taking it apart - I had done it successfully before with a Sony Xperia device. I've tried booting it with all the screws on; with only the 4 corner screws on and without any screws on (like this guy does:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I also have 2 batteries and 2 back covers - but it would seem I would need another motherboard and that's the only item I don't have a spare of.

So what I'm asking is: have any of you guys come across non-booting devices? Is there a contact between the motherboard and the inside cover that is known to be tricky (possibly a ground for the mobo?)? I know the LED is supposed to turn yellow if it is charging. Any help is appreciated; a source for a cheap motherboard might also interest me... For now I'm using a 2013 Moto G but I was looking forward to getting rid of it (not enough RAM)!!