3G Problem MIUIv6 on Mi2

Karukera80

Members
Dec 14, 2014
Hi everyone,

I just leave MIUI v5 for MIUI v6 on my Mi2.
So i downloaded xiaomi.eu_multi_aries_4.12.12_v6-4.4.zip and i followed the explains for install MIUI v6 with Mi2S v6 SPECIAL EDITION.
At the end, only 3g connection don't work but my mobile network (SFR 3g) is detected.
I searched on the forum but i didn't find post on this subject.
I guess i'm the only one who have this bug.
Thanks for your help.

Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
only 3g connection don't work but my mobile network (SFR 3g) is detected.
What do you mean by that? Do you have a network signal with little 3g icon but you can not get into the internet, or you don't have it and when you switch ON data nothing happens?

When you click on Data in notification bar does it do anything, f.e. is there an error message?

Do you use any firewall or an antivirus apps or any third party app which could somehow interfere with an access to the internet?

Did you try the IT crowd's solution? Does your problem persist if you reboot?

Did you use any back up after installation?

Sometimes it's easier and faster to just reboot into recovery, wipe all cache and data and restart. If the problem is caused by anything you had done before this would fix it. Also you can reinstall the system but I would personally reserve this option as a final solution if nothing else helps.

What do you mean by that? Do you have a network signal with little 3g icon but you can not get into the internet, or you don't have it and when you switch ON data nothing happens?
I have a network signal but i can't get into internet.

[URL=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=856784Screenshot201412141624341.png][/URL]

When you click on Data in notification bar does it do anything, f.e. is there an error message?
Nothing and i haven't error message.

Do you use any firewall or an antivirus apps or any third party app which could somehow interfere with an access to the internet?
I didn't, i just tried WiFi and 3g/2g connections before to install any apps.

Did you try the IT crowd's solution? Does your problem persist if you reboot?
I don't know this solution, have you a link ? The problem persist after reboot.

Did you use any back up after installation?
No i didn't use backup, i flashed all my data with Miflash.

Sometimes it's easier and faster to just reboot into recovery, wipe all cache and data and restart. If the problem is caused by anything you had done before this would fix it. Also you can reinstall the system but I would personally reserve this option as a final solution if nothing else helps.
I tried this solution in first time but the problem persit. Also i tried to come back on MIUIv5 and i had not this problem.

Last edited:
What were your 2g/3g settings before flashing miui? Miui v6 flashes also baseband!

What were your 2g/3g settings before flashing miui? Miui v6 flashes also baseband!
I don't know. I used the default config. My phone automatically found the mobile network settings.
I found this secret code : *#*#4636#*#*
Its an alternative shortcut of Mi2 config.
I'll re-install MIUIv5 and i'll compare they.

J'avais le même problème jusqu'à hier... Y a écrit que le téléphone est bien connecté en 3g mais quand je lance un navigateur ou une application, ça ne charge pas. J'ai activé l'itinérance des données" et comme par magie ça fonctionne. Pour ma part quand je vérifie ma consommation (Free), j'ai pas de hors forfait. Donc si tu testes ma manipulation, vérifie ta conso au cas ou... (et fais gaffe à désactiver l'itinérance si tu pars à l'étranger). Dis moi ce que ça donne :)

Resume in english :

I've got the same problem but I find a solution yesterday. You have to activate "data romaing" but be careful with EXTRA !!!

I've got the same problem but I find a solution yesterday. You have to activate "data romaing" but be careful with EXTRA !!!

Merci pour l'astuce. Je l'ai essayé mais le problème est toujours là. En revanche j'ai remarqué que dans la config du *#*#4636#*#* le service GPRS est désactivé alors que sur MIUIv5 il est actif et je n'arrive pas à l'activer. Je pense que mon problème vient de là.

Resume in english :

I activated "data roaming" but nothing.
In the config of *#*#4636#*#* the GPRS service is desactivate. I tried to activate it but it stay in desactivate status. I guess it's the source of my problem because on MIUIv5 this service is activate.

Last edited:
Try installing new available version 4.12.19 from scratch. It's definitely not a common problem and you wrote you hadn't experienced this issue on Miui5. I hope the installation of a new version will fix your problem.

Try installing new available version 4.12.19 from scratch. It's definitely not a common problem and you wrote you hadn't experienced this issue on Miui5. I hope the installation of a new version will fix your problem.
I tried it and other roms based on MIUIv6 and i have the same problem.
did you check your APNs ?
Yes i did it. My MI2 found the APNs. This is the same as on MIUIv5. But it don't stay in connected status.

I tried it and other roms based on MIUIv6 and i have the same problem.

Yes i did it. My MI2 found the APNs. This is the same as on MIUIv5. But it don't stay in connected status.
Hello,

Did you try some other radios? And miui v6 or wiui

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2s

Hello,

Did you try some other radios? And miui v6 or wiui

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2s
Yes, the 1st time, i detected this problem on WIUI6. But it was her 1st beta. So i thought that was a temporary problem and i returned on MIUIv5 and i waited for the new bugs corrections.
I tried other radios without success :-(