tap to wake ??

juergen

Members
May 13, 2013
hi there,

i don´t know where else to post this: i really do love the miui rom and it is almost perfect, which is pretty close to perfect in real world standards.

BUT, there is a liiiiitle detail that i really miss from other roms: the tap-to-wake or sweep-to-wake funtion. this makes life so much easier and takes a lot of strain away from the power buttons.

with this feature the miui rom would be PERFECT!

is there anybody out there who can make that happen? could we ask xiaomi to make it happen?

thanks guys....

j

You should go to MIUI English forums and ask for it to be included in the dev edition of MIUI v6.

Sent from my MI 4W

Stop asking about this feature.
Xiaomi devices doesn't support that feature by hardware and it won't be magically enabled.

Wysłane z MI4

Reactions: disparkys
sorry if you feel attacked, that was not my intention, seriously!

BUT, if there are so many questions about this (which i wasn´t aware of), maybe you should forward this request to xiaomi so they can take it into account in the future? seems to be a popular demand.....?

thanks for your hard work on the miui roms, i am a really big fan of your work!!

regards

j

hi there,

i don´t know where else to post this: i really do love the miui rom and it is almost perfect, which is pretty close to perfect in real world standards.

BUT, there is a liiiiitle detail that i really miss from other roms: the tap-to-wake or sweep-to-wake funtion. this makes life so much easier and takes a lot of strain away from the power buttons.

is there anybody out there who can make that happen? could we ask xiaomi to make it happen?

thanks guys....

j

Try this. Working on my note 3 perfect..

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=124896&extra=

hi there,

thanks guys....

j
Just search for zeuiron x kernel for mi3 on Miui forum or XDA . that will enable swipe to wake and swipe to sleep . while the older version also has dt2w and dt2s. Below I am attaching the screenshot of kernel adiutor which enables these wakes controls .

152a4e29deb6aa24b7484467be82d70e.jpg

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Reactions: fjbonilla
I think that the hardware do not allow this features but... maybe using a double touch button "home" to wake up? maybe is possible, usefull and not energy consumption...

Xiaomi devices doesn't support that feature by hardware and it won't be magically enabled.

Wysłane z MI4

Wysłane z MI4
No.there is nothing like impossible with Android. This feature is just related to the kernel. I am using Redmi 2 device which doesn't support touch to wake feature in MIUI ROM but when I used custom ROMs I can able to enable this feature and use it without any issues. It has nothing to do with the hardware of the device. It depends on the kernel which serves as the link between software and hardware of the device. That's it.