Mi Note 64gb

i have the same thing with slot2 (nano) it recognises the sim , but won't connect to the network. i have used 3 sim in slot 1, which works fine. i put o2 sim in slot 2. the phne does recognise the sim, but won't connect to the network.

I have tried changing the settings to manual. it lists the available networks, but won't register when you select it.

i have wiped caches and data, rebooted, rooted the phone to the dev rom from the website. they sent out a fastboot repair rom (PM me for link) , but that also didn't make any difference.

seems like a hardware issue. should i just send it back? can i send it to eu or does it have to go to china?

I never had problem with Slot2 (I use nanoSIM only). I have Vodafone IT and never had any issue.

Reactions: johnnyd
You can't use 2 Sims at the same time. Only one can be used for data transfer (slot doesn't matter in MI Note).

Wysłane z MI4

You can't use 2 Sims at the same time. Only one can be used for data transfer (slot doesn't matter in MI Note).

Wysłane z MI4

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid you have missed the point.

This is advertised as a dual LTE sim, dual standby, which it clearly is not. But that wasn't what i was asking. I was asking if it had two sims in it at the same time and whether both sim card slots were working.

This is dual LTE sim phone. Advertising is correct.

Wysłane z MI4

This is dual LTE sim phone. Advertising is correct.

Wysłane z MI4
Thanks for your prompt reply.

However it isn't a dual LTE sim dual standby phone... and the advertising is, at best, misleading. Nowhere on the product description does it make it clear what the limitations of the hardware are.

No its just you. You don't understand this. Note has dual LTE sim slots but they are passive. 99% of the dual sim phones have passive sim slots. It means only 1 slot at a time can use LTE network to send and receive Internet data. The second sim is then for calls only. But it doesn't matter which slot you choose (unless you don't have nano sim) both can work with LTE.

Wysłane z MI4

It depends of your network and what they offer ! BOTH SLOTS ARE LTE !
Slot 1 for all providers independant of frequencies used
Slot 2 for provider with LTE compatible ONLY (channel 3/7 only)

Some Provider have LTE some not, Some provider have 2G some not !

SLOT 1 accept 2G, slot 2 doesn't ! so If you have 2 sim cards, you must use SLOT 1 for your calls, you can use slot 2 for data 3G, 3G+ (HSPA) or LTE...
Some providers will not work on slot 2 (for example Vodafone UK as they are using LTE on frequency 8) ,

I use Orange sim in Slot 1 (HSPA data) and T-Mobile in Slot 2 (2G only calls).

Wysłane z MI4

Slot 1 is the one with micro sim. Nano sim is Slot 2.

Wysłane z MI Note