[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Please check if your "problem" is present when using the Miui.it ROM version.
If this is the case, you can just tell the miui.it team that you have that problem, because its not based on xiaomi.eu changes...
Maybe they tell you that this is "a feature, not a bug". Maybe they want it to be that big...

Please tell me what they told you, then I will see what I can do to reduce the size.

Latest miui.it xiaomi Mi2S rom is 4.12.5 v5

Reactions: JohnLocke
Not sure if it's just last days, but I have the idea, that battery drains faster with this rom. (My friend had the same feeling.)
I will revert and see what happens.//

Not sure if it's just last days, but I have the idea, that battery drains faster with this rom. (My friend had the same feeling.)
I will revert and see what happens.//
I experience faster drain as well, according to bbs it is major wakelock from powermanagerservice. First I suspected mikey-app, since I have installed that for the first time in the latest smiui, but the drain persists after freezing the mikey-app. Other than that the installation is the same as the previous weekly.

Last edited:
Reactions: cartone
Hello everyone, has anyone a problem with alarm clock apps?
for me they did not wake either or only with considerable lateness .
in miui v5 I did not have this problem . I use a mi2s .

many thanks for your help

I noticed the Miui 6 Multi is smoother than sMiui in the launcher: this means that when I scroll the pages on my home, on sMiui there are micro-lags in the animation which are not present in Miui 6 Multi; this is strange. For the rest, great rom! ;)

Hey huys

I hope someone can help me with my problem.
from the beginnen I got Smiui I get a message everytime I want to unlock my phone. I get an orange bar in the top of my screen sayiong not to cover that part of the screen and if I want to unlock, I have to press volume+ and the back button at the same time.
I assume it does this to prevent calls from your pocket or whatever, but I get it everytime and nothing is covering the top of my phone. And with one hand I now cannot unlock and use my phone.

Second thing is whenever I make a call and someone does not pick up or I want to hang up, I get the phone of my ear, see the screen to hang up for 1 second, get the problem weitten above and the screen turns black. Thus making it impossible for me to actually stop a conversation. Even more annoying is it when I get in a callers menu, and have to put in some numbers.. which is now impossible to do.

I have the feeling myself the light sensor is not acting the way it should be. Does anyone recognize this problem and more important, does anuone know how to fix this?

Hey huys

from the beginnen I got Smiui I get a message everytime I want to unlock my phone. I get an orange bar in the top of my screen sayiong not to cover that part of the screen and if I want to unlock, I have to press volume+ and the back button at the same time.
I assume it does this to prevent calls from your pocket or whatever, but I get it everytime and nothing is covering the top of my phone. And with one hand I now cannot unlock and use my phone.

Second thing is whenever I make a call and someone does not pick up or I want to hang up, I get the phone of my ear, see the screen to hang up for 1 second, get the problem weitten above and the screen turns black. Thus making it impossible for me to actually stop a conversation. Even more annoying is it when I get in a callers menu, and have to put in some numbers.. which is now impossible to do.

I have the feeling myself the light sensor is not acting the way it should be. Does anyone recognize this problem and more important, does anuone know how to fix this?

I had the same problem ending a call. But now I use powerbutton to end. Go settings - additional settings - accessibility - power button to end... on

Hey huys

Sounds like your light sensor is faulty. All you can do is a full wipe and see if it gets better. You can even try to check your light sensor with some Apps from PlayStore. Search for "light sensor test" ..

If your problem persists, you might have a hardware problem.

Have you disabled the proximity sensor?
Try that. It's in settings > additional settings ( the one listed under privacy) > display > prevent pocket dials. Uncheck.

I noticed the Miui 6 Multi is smoother than sMiui in the launcher: this means that when I scroll the pages on my home, on sMiui there are micro-lags in the animation which are not present in Miui 6 Multi; this is strange. For the rest, great rom! ;)
what's your gpu frequency? mine's at 400 Mhz and not micro lags here.

what's your gpu frequency? mine's at 400 Mhz and not micro lags here.
Thanks for answering. Where can I find the Gpu frequency? However, micro lags disappear when I set the default wallpaper, and also if I set every wallpaper as "locked" and not "moving", with cpu governor in "performance". How can I overclock gpu? Thanks

Edit: with the app "cpu-z", the Gpu frequency results as "320 Mhz"

Thanks for answering. Where can I find the Gpu frequency? However, micro lags disappear when I set the default wallpaper, and also if I set every wallpaper as "locked" and not "moving", with cpu governor in "performance". How can I overclock gpu? Thanks

Edit: with the app "cpu-z", the Gpu frequency results as "320 Mhz"
you can edit the optimizations file here, and the how-to is in the file, thanks to sebsch1991

uploadfromtaptalk1425511778560.png

Reactions: JohnLocke
@sebsch1991 , did you notice any battery drain in last week's weekly? since in the change log of tomorrow's build you don't mention fixing some wakelock issues

@sebsch1991 , did you notice any battery drain in last week's weekly? since in the change log of tomorrow's build you don't mention fixing some wakelock issues
Ye i noticed it.
And Yes i did not change anything in that, because i didnt cause it.

That drain comes from base ROM. Xiaomi has to work on that, and I hope they did for next release.

Reactions: rendolf
I notice that i can activate the portable hotspot but I can't connect to the internet from my other device. My other device can connect to my mi2s hotspot but network errors are seen when trying to browse