[rom] Ivan's Aosp Lollipop 5.1

As I wrote above in my post #144, the usual updating method insists in the following steps:
1. wipe cache
2. wipe dalvic cache (I'm not sure if this is necessary anymore, since android 5.+ doesn't use dalvic)
3. flash update .zip
4. flash Gapps
5. Reboot

However, since I haven't applied the above updating method yet, someone who has should confirm if it works or not.
Generally, there must be a way to update without losing data (or anything else). More experience in this matter is welcome!
All the times i updated i only flashed the rom and then the gapps.it always worked without problems

Reactions: treiliert
For me lastest version has the best battery life and the only problem that i found (i have to test it more) is that spotify closes after +/- 2 min of music whith the screen off

@treiliert, I'm only familiar with full wipe and with ota. And I'm guessing this one doesn't get ota updates. Does this mean that every time I flash a new version, I'll lose all my apps and settings?
Not necessarily, if you have installed a previous Ivan's ROM, you only have to wipe cache and dalvic cache. This way you won't lose any of your data.

Sorry for getting into the conversation.

if you have installed a previous Ivan's ROM, you only have to wipe cache and dalvic cache.

Have you successfully tried it with this one?

Sorry for getting into the conversation.

There is no reason to feeling like intervening in something like a private discussion. This is a public thread and everyone is invited to contribute one's own opinion/experience/question in a polite way and in the thread's topic. You were both polite and in-topic!;)

Vol down + Power.

Latest version seems to work fine here, too. No issues since release day for me, BT and calls untested. Battery ok.

Reactions: treiliert
Last version works without any problem for me too, I think we finally have a stable and everyday use lollipop 5.1

Great job Ivan!

Using wake lock detector I see almost all the wake locks that keep awake my phone and make my battery drain come from Google now and Google play services

Except battery drain (I can't give a nice feedback about it cause I have this ROM just from a day) in last version everything works well

I still have battery drain issues by cell standby
This is useless information per se. How long can your battery last? What is your onscreen time? This is the important information!

It is common that anything can affect your battery, for instance a bad cell reception. You can try to turn off 3g and set your data only to 2g. I would suggest for test purposes to install ROM without Gapps first and use it like that for a couple of hours. Then check if the problem persists. If yes, the problem lies in this ROM, if not, it's a Gapps problem.

All those stats can serve as a helping tool but if you focus only on stats you can miss that your battery life is not bad at all... It's like with those Antutu guys who have perfectly running phone but are still complaining that they wouldn't reach 70000 in Antutu.

Reactions: X4nfire
@Ex:Jhon Doe. I am not the guy who read only some numbers and then live his life by them ☺.
If the battery life was OK I was not write here that I have battery drain problem by cell standby which I also have on CM12. I did not have any problem with battery drain with previous Ivan's 5.1 roms. This problem is only in the newest build where is changed kernel which I think can cause this. So I do not need to test it with and without GApps because I know that on previous version I did not have battery drain problem. But in previous versions I had random reboots problem.

BTW. Yesterday I had battery drain by cell standby 36 % where screen on time was only 1 hour and 30 minutes. In batteru stats I can see that I have 0% signal lost so from this poit it should be OK.

EDIT: Right now I have first random reboot on the newest version. So problem with ranbom reboots is still here.

Last edited:
The cell standby battery drain has been reported many times already and it affects all kinds of devices running 5.1. [google] cell standby battery drain [/google]

Random reboots on the other hand are not as common and I would check what causes them. But as I can see here you're the first and only one who reported an unexpected reboot on this last build.

I would always try to start with clean ROM, ie. without Gapps and test it first because Google play services have been repeatedly the culprit for many problems before...

I repeat the stats numbers are useless when out of context! When I turn on my phone and immediately check stats what do I have? 99% battery drain caused by - ta da: on screen! It could be a problem if I somehow forget to mention that phone was on only for three seconds. Those stats always have to make 100%...

Last edited:
The cell standby battery drain (...)
Do you mean battery drain while the phone is in idle state, i.e. in deep sleep? 'Cause overnight (7+ hours) in normal mode (not airplane mode, Wifi off) I had 0% battery drain, using the last build [5.4.14.] So, I don't think that it's a ROM produced problem. Furthermore, after 20 hours no reboots (I made a clean flash of the last build).

Do you mean battery drain while the phone is in idle state, i.e. in deep sleep?
I meant what Janikjan had complained about and what really has been reported many times across different ROMs with Lollipop . You can find this item in Wakelock detector. I haven't been so "lucky", but I do not use Gapps and I do not notice any bad affect on my battery, but still I am back on CM 11 because of some missing features on AOSP.

My problem was maybe enabled GPS. I tried to turn it off and it seems thrre is no battery drain.

GPS is a well-known battery-eater.
Under Settings/Apps/Running you can check the apps running in the background and kill those that shouldn't (almost all).
Greenify has the same function and helps a lot.

Do you mean battery drain while the phone is in idle state, i.e. in deep sleep? 'Cause overnight (7+ hours) in normal mode (not airplane mode, Wifi off) I had 0% battery drain, using the last build [5.4.14.] So, I don't think that it's a ROM produced problem. Furthermore, after 20 hours no reboots (I made a clean flash of the last build).
You have 0% battery drain in idle - deep sleep, so do you use gapps or you are without it?
I dont know but Cell standby is high to me 17% and overnight about 6-7h it took me about 6-7% of the battery and maybe even more. In every rom I had this battery drain problem (normal mode, without wifi, 2G used without data, no syncing, no location turned on), except Ivan`s AOSP codeaurora-mi2_qcom-4.7.15-le4ydsjruk-4.4.4.zip there is no battery drain at all in idle, but it doesn`t have CM themes and on screen is not that good as in lollipop.
Anyway battery is great in this last build 5.4.14., it really rocks !!! I think it could go over 5:30h on screen time on 2000mah battery, but as I said stupid wakelocks in deep sleep in every rom.
Someone will tell me use greenify, amplify, DS battery saver, Power Nap for Xposed, disable google play services (I know how) and wakelock detector or gsam battery monitor, but nothing and nothing works...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-18-14-37-02.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-18-14-37-02.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 281
  • Screenshot_2015-04-18-14-38-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-18-14-38-07.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
82fec72b9b045c1f7f11364387f73c4a.jpg
a468485aa9ff8694aa61438f14f771a3.jpg

Now it is getting worser with Cell standby, as you can see my gsm signal is very good...

Edit it is now 41% cell s. and the phone is pretty hot. Screen on time 3:23
[
49387941d490d5f557e314e900b8ecd2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: janikjan
@spaxon It's not practical to post full size screenshots, a simple resize would be good for reading purposes.
The fact that you have 0% time without signal doesn't mean that your signal is good.Check mine for example :

Screenshot_2015-04-18-18-10-55.jpg

Most of the time i have less than full signal.Sometimes it's way worse than that, like 75% of the time between 1 to 3.So you should check your signal with an app like gsam, the screenshot above it's from that.Install gsam and gsam root also.I'm not saying that bad signal is the culprit of your battery drain but if you wanna be sure you can't find out from android's battery stats.
And announcement for all, new google play services are out, version 7.3.27.Maybe they finally fixed some issues...

@spaxon It's not practical to post full size screenshots, a simple resize would be good for reading purposes.
The fact that you have 0% time without signal doesn't mean that your signal is good.Check mine for example :

View attachment 9830

Most of the time i have less than full signal.Sometimes it's way worse than that, like 75% of the time between 1 to 3.So you check your signal with an app like gsam, the screenshot above it's from that.Install gsam and gsam root also.I'm not saying that bad signal is the culprit of your battery drain but if you wanna be sure you can't find out from android's battery stats.
And announcement for all, new google play services are out, version 7.2.27.Maybe they finally fixed some issues...
I am using tapatalk and i will next time attach pictures as a file, not like image. Well I am not the only one in this house with cell phone, the rest have also mobile phones without any battery drainings and good signal like me. Signal strength is currently 81dBm 16asu. I have gsam battery monitor, but root companion app cannot installs on lollipop...

Edit: now it is cell standby on 46%. I have turned of all things from other forums, new Samsung S6 also have problems with cell standby: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/517059-your-s6-afflicted-dreaded-cell-standby-battery-drain.html

https://www.google.rs/?gws_rd=cr&ei=d4MyVcGaI4PXyQP8uYHYAw#q=samsung s6 cell standby battery

Last edited:
@spaxon weird cause i have root companion app installed on the latest version.The newest version 7.3.28 is for other dpi i think we use the -436 version.Interesting things you posted...