Miui V6 Install Font

willthrom

Members
Dec 5, 2013
Hi,

Currently I have the official V6 for my MS2 but with the 5.4.3 they change the font and now any special character is printed properly, like: í ï, etc.

I know the International version uses other font but I would like to not re-flash so I wonder if there is other method to use other font.

I tried to install a theme from the Miui Market, but I couldn't find any with those characters.

I found third party fonts supporting those character but with the new policy they are not allowed.

So... any other way to use other fonts? Recovery? Patching?

thank you.

I found how to remove the MIUI V6 default font. Just removing the entry in fonts.xml underl /system/etc/
Now the system cannot find the font so it used the default one.

My next intent will be to select one of the ttf manually using the fallback_fonts.xml.

You can do it this way, you can actually even change system emoji this way. Download the fonts, put it into system/fonts, change the rights to rw-r-r and modify fallback_fonts.xml accordingly.

You can do it this way, you can actually even change system emoji this way. Download the fonts, put it into system/fonts, change the rights to rw-r-r and modify fallback_fonts.xml accordingly.
how can i modify fallback_fonts.xml , please guide me as detail as you can