[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Still, not perfect, but a small price to pay for customization.
I would just like to ask you to describe the installation process change in the OT, although not required for THIS particular update. Like you said, in the following ones, starting 5.5.1.
Whenever you can, no rush.
The description is already there... Just flash sMiUI Normal Version. How-To is in OP

The description is already there... Just flash sMiUI Normal Version. How-To is in OP
I meant for updating. I´m sure, next week, there will be lots of people going lost in the process, assuming they still had custom recovery. For the more-used-to-mess-around-with-your-gadgets user it will be quite straightfoward without any how-to.
Just to save you the harassment.

5.4.24 is online.

Aries is still 5.4.17 due to some problems. I am thinking about staying on 5.4.17 as base for aries, since I am sick of playing Beta Tester for Xiaomi...
I second that, and can only imagine how frustrating it is for you to try to make an omelet from rotten eggs.
We ALL are beta testers. When Mi2s gets into a OS mature level, it will be my last xiaomi equipment. The specs-for-the-money don't pay off the awful OS.

hi. I heve de miui V6 5.4.17, with fastboot on my mi2s.
But when i try to install ClockWorkMod i have an error: cant install update.zip.
I first download the ClockWorkMod zip file, reboot my device in recovery mode (xiaomi) and then é do install zip into partition 1, and i get thar error.
how cani install ClockWorkMod in install de Smiui?

Same here, can't pair with my watch :( (it does not appear anywhere, as well as my MiBand)
Bluetooth unlock with Mi Band works though...

Initiating a connection from the watch fails as well: No descovery of my phone eventhough it is enabled
//edit:
Also, MiFit Force closes all the time, it is unusable for me...
Ever since I updated to the 5.4.17 version my Smartwatch and MiBand are basically unuseable (though the Wifi connectivity bug is gone)... Bluetooth does not find devices anymore and is extremely unreliable...

Should've sticked to my 5.3.6... :(
I switched back to 5.3.6 and now 5.3.27 several times (everytime with full wipe). My bluetooth is still "dead"... Anyone has an idea? This really ruins my experience with the phone :'(

Sorry but the governor modifier in cancro is not fixed...
Mi3W 5.4.24

EDIT: nvm it was my mistake. But still, between interactive and ondemand, which is better? I already googled beforehand about scaling governors but I still wonder which one is more adapted for xiaomi phones

Last edited:
Im using MInote , can not flash both aroma and normal version , with aroma it says the rom for virgo , this is cancro . with normal version its just error to flash

Sadly I'm still on 5.3.27 since I can't afford being a beta tester for Xiaomi, I need a working phone.

I have three annoying issues, perhaps someone is familiar with them and can suggest a solution:

1. After using Waze navigation app (which uses the speaker), phone call sound is low - both normal and speaker. Only after reboot I can hear loud again.

2. Apps that use overlay feature, like facebook chat heads or drupe don't work - found the solution! Had to enable pop up notification on security app!

3. I don't get tapatalk notifications. Perhaps it's blocked by the rom ad blocker?

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
hi. I heve de miui V6 5.4.17, with fastboot on my mi2s.
But when i try to install ClockWorkMod i have an error: cant install update.zip.
I first download the ClockWorkMod zip file, reboot my device in recovery mode (xiaomi) and then é do install zip into partition 1, and i get thar error.
how cani install ClockWorkMod in install de Smiui?
You have to download an app to flash recovery. Miui stock recovery won't allow it. Try 'rashr' from Google play

Sadly I'm still on 5.3.27 since I can't afford being a beta tester for Xiaomi, I need a working phone.

I have three annoying issues, perhaps someone is familiar with them and can suggest a solution:

1. After using Waze navigation app (which uses the speaker), phone call sound is low - both normal and speaker. Only after reboot I can hear loud again.

2. Apps that use overlay feature, like facebook chat heads or drupe don't work - found the solution! Had to enable pop up notification on security app!

3. I don't get tapatalk notifications. Perhaps it's blocked by the rom ad blocker?

Any help would be appreciated!
Did you give tapa auto start permission and put it in the list of apps that are allowed to display notifications?

More general question for you, Sebsch: is it really necessary to update every week? The community here appreciates your work and trusts in your expertise. Consequently, as an proposal, check the weekly Xiaomi source and decide on your own whether or not to publish a sMIUI uodate... I'd prefer a smoothly running system over weekly updates...

Mat

Reactions: genothomas
More general question for you, Sebsch: is it really necessary to update every week? The community here appreciates your work and trusts in your expertise. Consequently, as an proposal, check the weekly Xiaomi source and decide on your own whether or not to publish a sMIUI uodate... I'd prefer a smoothly running system over weekly updates...

Mat
Wrong thread: should be posted in weekly releases.

I do feel it is the right thread as I do not refer to weekly releases in general but those of this specific ROM, namely sMIUI.

I do feel it is the right thread as I do not refer to weekly releases in general but those of this specific ROM, namely sMIUI.

yeah you are in the right thread, cause your suggestion is for sebsch

new update is smooth as always for my mi4

I think you´re right on one hand: sbsch1991 could filter what is and what isn´t ok to update.
But on the other hand, that control could/should be made at .eu level for all legacy ROMs.

Some sort of quality control would mean delays in the releases, and some folks are too impatient for that. And the .eu developers are doing this in their spare time.
Also, for Aries, the v6 is not final, but a wip. WE are the guinea pigs testing and giving feedback. Xiaomi simply isn't at the same level, of software development, as other major brands. Saying that they listen to customers and the feedback is going all the way up to development engineers is another way of saying our customers are beta testers.

The other option is to go back to V5. But if lots of people complain about current ROM not being 5.1 or 5.1.1 for that mater, imagine going back to JB.

Last edited:
You would have to boot to fastboot mode.. flash aboot (eemc_appsboot.mbn) from 5.4.17 and cwm recovery ..
then boot to cwm and flash sMiUI AROMA ..ye that would work but thats a mess ...

Can't we put the previous eemc_appsboot.mbn into the flashing zip in order to keep the previous Bootloader?