[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Mi too. If someone can port Dolby digital plus, smiui 5.3.27 will be the best ROM ever.

Gave it a try today but - as very often in the past - I got BT problems... I will continue with sMIUI hoping that I will find my perfect release some day...

Hi guys,
First off I want to express my deep gratitude towards Sebsch1991 for all your hard work man. I'm sure we all feel this way about you. Thank you! ;)
So I'm a Mi2 owner whom like many of you got dumped on again by some more xiaomi BS. As if we didn't get enough of that already.
Anyway, since everybody is so keen on the 5.3.27 version I'm thinking of heading back to that as well. Only I'm on 5.4.17 currently and was wondering what that 5.3.27 is based on exactly, 4.4 or 5.0? I came from an early March version prior to 5.4.17, so I had to wipe both my systems to get Google Play to finally show up. Now I already placed back most of my apps, but don't really feel like going through the hassle again (I didn't trust backup apps originally installed on 4.4 KK would work properly on android L, so I installed them manually). So, can I go back to 5.3.27 without doing the full wipe all over again or should I just do it and after that lay some serious negative mental projections on those Xiaomi A-holes? ;p
Thanks in advance for laying it out for me.
All the best! :)

Hi guys,
First off I want to express my deep gratitude towards Sebsch1991 for all your hard work man. I'm sure we all feel this way about you. Thank you! ;)
So I'm a Mi2 owner whom like many of you got dumped on again by some more xiaomi BS. As if we didn't get enough of that already.
Anyway, since everybody is so keen on the 5.3.27 version I'm thinking of heading back to that as well. Only I'm on 5.4.17 currently and was wondering what that 5.3.27 is based on exactly, 4.4 or 5.0? I came from an early March version prior to 5.4.17, so I had to wipe both my systems to get Google Play to finally show up. Now I already placed back most of my apps, but don't really feel like going through the hassle again (I didn't trust backup apps originally installed on 4.4 KK would work properly on android L, so I installed them manually). So, can I go back to 5.3.27 without doing the full wipe all over again or should I just do it and after that lay some serious negative mental projections on those Xiaomi A-holes? ;p
Sorry dude. The downgrade means always full wipe. In every process in every rom. I love 5.4.17 ,it's really battery friendly and fast. I will stick there. No need for upgrades except that the Selfie camera doesn't work while Skyping. I hope it's Skype's issue....

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

I can confirm this as I went back from 5.4.17 to 5.3.27... Full wipe is necessary. Btw, the reason for me to go back was just to test BT, but is was not better in my case. Generally speaking I do like 5.4.17....

Well I'm back to5.3.27 it's the best rom ever I'm going to miss som features in Lollipop like Dolby and the awesome speed and battery. But I couldn't get data while I was roaming, not just international but national also. I never got any answers if this is a problem with the rom or the official release? I asked around and Google a lot.

Big thanks to sebsch1991 for all your hard work.

Reactions: Ludovic815
Hi guys,
I totally agree but I would not call them A-Holes. Xiaomi did some great things in past, but a lot of strange/bad things as well... They seem to focus the wrong directions, lets see where the journey takes us ..

As for your downgrade... I personally went back to 5.3.27 ( KitKat ) and will keep it until Xiaomi fixed all the problems in Android L builds!
You have to do a full wipe and MIUI Backup APP will not work in that way due to Security Layout changes! Luckily I had a Nandroid Backup of 5.3.27 !

I can confirm this as I went back from 5.4.17 to 5.3.27... Full wipe is necessary. Btw, the reason for me to go back was just to test BT, but is was not better in my case. Generally speaking I do like 5.4.17....
Same for me. I need working BlueTooth and Mi-Band support. No problems in 5.3.27 for me!
When downgrading to 5.3.27 you should actually install the ZIP-File again. If you just restore a Nandroid Backup you will still be using stuff from your L-Build (appsboot, sbl1, sbl2, sbl3, modem, etc..)

Can you able to put forward MTK Redmi Note 3G variant in future? :-D
Im not sure whether Im gonna add some new devices, or not. Response for Redmi2, Redmi Note 4G and Mi2A is not very high ..

Well I'm back to5.3.27 it's the best rom ever I'm going to miss som features in Lollipop like Dolby and the awesome speed and battery. But I couldn't get data while I was roaming, not just international but national also. I never got any answers if this is a problem with the rom or the official release? I asked around and Google a lot.

Big thanks to sebsch1991 for all your hard work.
Cant help you with roming issues, I dont use it sorry. Afaik there is no problem in KK builds.

Has sMiui 5.4.17 fixed google play serviced?
I had no problems with gapps in 5.4.17.

I have mi2s. Installed 5.4.17 but i keep getting "google services stopped" popup.

I tried to make a clean instal, wiping cache, format system, cache sbl1-2-3..on both partitions...but after install all the apps are still there!

Can u help?

I'd like to try this ROM on my Mi2A. My current ROM is 4.12.5.
Can I simply install the normal version with updater app or Mi-Recovery? Do I need to wipe data/factory reset?

the SMIUI 5.4.24 was not available to download Getting below message for normal version "The normal ROM Version will be available on Friday 24 April 2015 ( 5.4.24 ). Please wait or use sMiUI AROMA Version instead!" (Today is 27 Apr), and the Aroma version still 5.4.17. Can you please fix the links.

I'm a little confused here. I'm already on the 5.4.17 rom on my mi2s.
Is there any reason to flash it again? I mean, have you made any updates to it, or is it just the same as last week when it was uploaded originally?
Thanks for your awesome work sebsch!

Yes you can, no you can just flash over.
Cool, thanks for your reply and for your work...I'm going to try this ROM right away

Ok, I've installed via updater app, no wipes...but now I'm not able to activate wifi

Last edited:
Same for me. I need working BlueTooth and Mi-Band support. No problems in 5.3.27 for me!
When downgrading to 5.3.27 you should actually install the ZIP-File again. If you just restore a Nandroid Backup you will still be using stuff from your L-Build (appsboot, sbl1, sbl2, sbl3, modem, etc..)

Thanks for your answer... Now I'm stuck in the middle as - in general - I do like the Lollipop versions, afer all, and I do not want to downgrade to Kitkat. I'm totally convinced in your work hoping you'll find a way to fix BT... :)

Hi guys, I'm on my Mi2s with MIUI 5.4.24 and I want to try this ROM. Can I flash this from updater? (Since the last MIUI blocked the recovery; or do u have a way to flash CWM o TWRP?)
Thank you for the great job here! ;)

Anyone else with Mi2A has problems with WiFi? It can't be enabled...any suggestions?
Other issues I've noticed are:
- Titanium Backup complains about su and suggests installing supersu...I've tried to install it from play store but it seems like it never starts downloading. Is there some security setting which prevents package downloads if you're not on a wifi connection?
- Battery charges very slowly

Anyone else with Mi2A has problems with WiFi? It can't be enabled...any suggestions?
Other issues I've noticed are:
- Titanium Backup complains about su and suggests installing supersu...I've tried to install it from play store but it seems like it never starts downloading. Is there some security setting which prevents package downloads if you're not on a wifi connection?
- Battery charges very slowly

Did you try to enable wifi on Settings (no floating bar)?

Did you give to Titanium Backup root permissions and restart it?

The setting which prevents package downloads if you're not on a wifi connection is on Download app

I know D:

Did you try to enable wifi on Settings (no floating bar)?

Did you give to Titanium Backup root permissions and restart it?

The setting which prevents package downloads if you're not on a wifi connection is on Download app

I know D:

Thanks for your reply :)
After the phone has booted I can go to settings and switch wifi on. The problem is that it keeps saying 'wifi activation' and the switch becomes grey.
Should I try wiping cache and data and then reinstall sMiui?
I gave root permissions to Titanium but it shows a warning saying that using 'su' for managing root permissions might cause problems on Android > 4.3. And suggests using 'supersu' instead.
I found the setting on Download app, but download never starts...

Last edited:
I'm running into some problems that have left my phone in a bad state.

I upgraded from an older version probably put out 45 days ago. I completely nuked all partitions and got 5.4.17 up and running. I reinstalled my apps via the xiaomi backup tool (probably wasn't the best of ideas), got google play services all sorted out. then seemingly I ran out of room for my apps, even though I had plenty of space left. so I uninstalled some apps, and couldn't install a new one, so i went back to nuke all my partitions and start fresh, and all my apps and settings remain.

Using TDB system partition 1 and clockworkmod.

I will experiment for a solution and report back, wanted to see if anybody else came across this and/or found a solution

I have mi2s. Installed 5.4.17 but i keep getting "google services stopped" popup.

I tried to make a clean instal, wiping cache, format system, cache sbl1-2-3..on both partitions...but after install all the apps are still there!

Can u help?
I'm getting "google play store stopped" :(