[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Although you already made it clear. Sebsch, I would like to ask again to be on the sage side: it is NOT possible to simply flash (via CWM) the most current Lollipop (with the merged partitions) version over 5.3.27? One has to go the long way...?

I know that it's not right to push one's post but please could someone briefly explain how to come from 5.3.27 to 5.5.22?

Thanks in advance and sorry again...

I know that it's not right to push one's post but please could someone briefly explain how to come from 5.3.27 to 5.5.22?

Thanks in advance and sorry again...

I've just finished updating, so now that my MI2 works good I can explain how to update.

1. Save all your files (photos, music, backups) in your pc because everything will be erased
2. download and install mi pc suite and read the guide
http://en.miui.com/thread-107586-1-1.html
3. the guide says to enter in fastboot mode (volume down + power), launch mi pcsuite in your pc, connect the device, choose to update to latest build (now it's 5.5.22) and wait for the rom download and automatic flash
6. once rebooted (rom is only english and chinese) you need to download sMiui normal version
7. enter updater app and choose sMiui update package in the three dots menu in the upper right corner
8. wait for flashing and enjoy :)

I've just finished updating, so now that my MI2 works good I can explain how to update.

1. Save all your files (photos, music, backups) in your pc because everything will be erased
2. download and install mi pc suite and read the guide
http://en.miui.com/thread-107586-1-1.html
3. the guide says to enter in fastboot mode (volume down + power), launch mi pcsuite in your pc, connect the device, choose to update to latest build (now it's 5.5.22) and wait for the rom download and automatic flash
6. once rebooted (rom is only english and chinese) you need to download sMiui normal version
7. enter updater app and choose sMiui update package in the three dots menu in the upper right corner
8. wait for flashing and enjoy :)

Hi there, I followed your guide and I'm stuck on 7. When I choose the file sMiUI_v6_aries_5.5.22_AROMA.zip it shows me an error message :
wvbfc7.png

if I wanted to install the rom (aroma) without losing data and keeping the two separate partitions how can I do?it's possibile to do it?

hrmm ... i'm getting random reboots every here and there.
wiped few times, flashed with various cpu settings, and still getting them.
any ideas on what and why ?

hrmm ... i'm getting random reboots every here and there.
wiped few times, flashed with various cpu settings, and still getting them.
any ideas on what and why ?
Did you manage to flash aroma version to merged partitions? Or you still have old one? If old - problems may be caused by this moment.

Mi2S
Is camera ok, or focus is still bad and resolution for photos fHD? Or what else is worst then KK? Thanks for infos

I repartitioned my phone the same as ale _gallagher did and now use 5.5.22 normal version. But the problem is I have MiRecovery and i cant flash aroma verzion of the smiui rom. I thought cwm is included in normal smiui version but i dont have it.
What ive tried already:
- flash cmw and twrp via fastboot but cant boot into recovery
- flash update . zip in mirecovery of cmw and twrp and get an error
- flash via updater app doesnt work either

I've searched in the forum, but haven't found an answer yet -maybe it's my fault:

The GPS and apparently the Compass have never worked since I moved to miui v6. Last time, the Compass worked properly was in wiui, many months ago.

I've always used smui for v6, so I can't figure out whether it's a general miui bug or appears only in smui.
Any info regarding this problem is welcome.

I repartitioned my phone the same as ale _gallagher did and now use 5.5.22 normal version. But the problem is I have MiRecovery and i cant flash aroma verzion of the smiui rom. I thought cwm is included in normal smiui version but i dont have it.
What ive tried already:
- flash cmw and twrp via fastboot but cant boot into recovery
- flash update . zip in mirecovery of cmw and twrp and get an error
- flash via updater app doesnt work either

Currently it is not possible to use cwm or twrp with the new partitions. That's why we can't use aroma version.
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...r-clock-a-lot-more.25985/page-125#post-247189
If you find any solution, please let us know!