Restore stock firmware and lost IMEI/Baseband by SPFlash tool

i already do all steps,, and viola... its works ,,, but after i update from 5.0 to 15.0 version ,, i found out that my google maps cannot tracking my location even my gps in on ,,, i try to use a feature in wassapp and line ,its same,,, cannot find my location,,, and then i try wechat,, my location is found n correct ,,, why is that happen? ,,, please need you help ...

i already do all steps,, and viola... its works ,,, but after i update from 5.0 to 15.0 version ,, i found out that my google maps cannot tracking my location even my gps in on ,,, i try to use a feature in wassapp and line ,its same,,, cannot find my location,,, and then i try wechat,, my location is found n correct ,,, why is that happen? ,,, please need you help ...

Go to Settings and enable all options under Location services. Make sure that the Google one is also enabled.

I highly recommend testing the internal GPS receiver using any free GPS testing utility available in the Google Play Store. I also recommend having at least a simple GPS testing utility always installed. This way, in case there are problems related to GPS tracking, you will always be able to check the proper functioning of the internal GPS receiver along with the strength of the GPS reception, and easily trace if the problem is related to poor GPS reception, software settings, or any other conflicts.

GPS Test by Chartcross Limited is by far the simplest utility, having a very small footprint.
GPS Status & Toolbox by MobiWIA - EclipSim has a quite different layout, which you may not like.
AndroiTS GPS Test Free by Alessandro Bonetti feels like an advanced and more powerful version of GPS Test.

If you want the simplest one, just try GPS Test. If you are an advanced user, also try AndroiTS GPS Test Free.

GPS Test
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest&hl=en

GPS Status & Toolbox
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en

AndroiTS GPS Test Free
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androits.gps.test.free&hl=en

Reactions: deullofeu_id
My phone could't booting after instal WSM tool. Only Xiomi logo showed after turn on the phone.
I follow your instruction step by step, but there is nothing happened.
There is no progress on SP tool.
Sim card inserted or not when use SP tool.

please help me.

Thank you

please help me.

Hi Guys,
My phone is briked and I need help restoring it.
Basically my problem is after installing the MTK drivers, all went ok, but when I connect the phone to PC its always conecting and disconnecting. Never keeps the phone as connected to the pc.
I have tried 2 PC now and the same issue on both.
I cannot pass this step....
What can I do?

Sometimes I also get this screen:
Untitled-1_zps94aa99ea.jpg

My phone is completly dead and don't even charges

Yes off course but the problem was causing by the fact that I was choosing the option to update the firmware but than I read on another forum that I should choose the option do Download instead and also to untick the first option of the list and worked

when you will need it, you will find it useful...
i second that big time, was so needed, indeed.
after hours of googlin' i finally arrived home with this tut posted here. got back my lost imei and right now, i am simply happy because after messing things up by fooling around w/ bad roms now i am good to go one more time.
well, i'm going back to more experiencing! therefore, thank you, Mr. Ingbrzy! (it seems to me that your name sounds like 'angry birds' in hindi) :)

Reactions: ingbrzy
Hi there i have my hongmi 1 hard bricked, so my last chance to unbrick is to reinstall everything from the start.
I've tried this method but also gave me same error
BROM ERROR: S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)
Someone can help me???
I'm getting mad
TNX in advance

Attachments

• Senzanome.jpg
    Senzanome.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 946
Last edited:
Hi,

I think I bricked the phone trying to do get back to the official stock rom...
Since China recently upped their effort to block VPN and all, I decided to go back to factory image WITHOUT google play layer.

Now when I turn it on the screen stays black (with the slight increse in brightness that confirms it tries to turn on). Nothing else happens and I can't reach recovery or fastboot.

Is there a mac version of the software for flashing? I don't have access to a PC...

Thanks!

Hi folk!
I have very strange issue with EMMC of my Hongmi. Memory write doesn't work at all. When I saw that something strange with the phone, I first tried to uninstall some apps, and delete settings but without success. Then I tried to do reset factory settings, also without success. At last, i tried to flash phone with flashtool. Everything was fine, i got green circle at the end, but when I switched on phone nothing changed. Like there was no flashing.
Factory mode shows - boardtest: FAIL
Phone can be normaly turned on and off, charging works, but It's stucked at one excactly moment, and nothing can be changed.
Any help will be aprecieted!

I have below error, previously i use MOD/AOSP rom on my hongmi before it goy bricked. could this possibly the issue ? should i choose format/download instead of update/firmware on the spflashtool?

it said;
BROM ERROR: S_FT_FORMAT_FAIL (4010)
Format flash error! possibly given wrong format range, please check your format setting.

Any advise ?

thanks

Hello everybody! I have a similar problem, like the one mentioned above. BUT the main diference is, that I actualy have IMEI, MAC adressses and baseband No., but my phone still can not detect the SIM card. That happened, when I tried to flash leaked MIUI v6 beta (yeah, I know - my fault), and after that, the phone booted, load the OS, and everything was fine, except that I have no coverege. As I sad - my IMEI's and so on were there, but "no SIM1 and SIM 2 inserted" message was at top of the screen.
I have tried the method in 1st post and nothing happened! I mean - the phone is flashed normaly, but the problem with the SIM's remains. I have used SP Flash tool with stock image, I've tried SN&IMEI writer, I've restored the backup of my nvram (previously made), and still no luck. So, if anyone know the solution of my problem, please let me know! Oh, yes - the phone is Xiaomi Hongmi 1 (not 1S), WCDMA version. I will provide any further information, if needed!
Thank you in advance!

P.S. I've fixed it! The reason was a bad contact between SIM card and the reader. All of the written above was useless. But at least my phone is working again.

Last edited:
i already do this couple mont ago after my redmi was brick,,, now my phone brick again ,and do all step once again ,, its working until "download OK" and then i turn it on my phone but still brick ( stuck on MI logo ... what am i suppose to do ? thanks

You can try to make full format with bootloader, and after that you have to flash the unbrick ROM, but choose "Download" options, not "Firmware-upgrade". When I have problems with my phone I did it twice, but as you can read above, my problem was different, so - you can give it a try! Also you can try another version of SP Flash - v5 for example.

Just flashed the rom but still the gsm doesnt give a signal
int he gsm bar i see a cross
All the other things are working except the phone

Last edited:
Guide for flash a stock FW by SP Flash tools to recover lost IMEI or baseband

With this procedure you will lost all your data and settings, backup them first and unplug your SD card..!

Download required files here:

- Xiaomi Hongmi WCDMA (5.0)

- Xiaomi Hongmi TD (5.0)

- Unzip downloaded file
- Install MTK Driver

drivers.png

- Run SP Flash Tool (Flash_tool.exe)
- Select button Scatter-loading
- In unzipped folder "HM2013023_images_JHBCNAH1.0_4.2" select "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" it will load all required files to the tool

sp0.png

- Turn off your phone and remove battery
- Press button firmware -> upgrade
- Plug in your phone to the PC (with removed battery) process will start automaticaly and after 3seconds, input your battery to the phone (do not remove USB cable)

sp1.png

sp3.png

sp4.png

sp5.png

- Wait for loading all files and after successful process, green circle will show up "Download OK"

sp6.png

- Now you can unplug your phone and turn it ON...

- Next you can continue with installing our last stable build for Xiaomi Hongmi
Please tell me for RedmiNote 4G Dual-Sim (HMNote1S)(Gucci) CMCC0
How do I recover my IMEI.

no.. question is how did you lost imei..

~Tapatalk~
After wrongly flashing with Redmi 1S Rom
FLashing with flash_all.bat
Flashing was done. But the screen show nothing, it just black.
But I can see the phone screen in MI PC suite. It show to choose
language.
So I flash with correct with right rom.
The screen comeback and I can use everything.
But...
IMEI was lost.
I haven't backup anything such as IMEI or EFS.
So how do I can recover.
Help me.
Thank you.

The fastboot script...
echo "Fastboot Tool Ver 7.0"

@echo off
for /f "delims=" %%i in ("%cd%") do set folder=%%~ni
echo %folder%

set p=%folder:~2,5%
echo %p%

fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: WT%p%" ||fastboot getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *MSM8916" || @echo Missmatching image and device error
fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: WT%p%" ||fastboot getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *MSM8916" || exit /B 1

fastboot %* flash partition %~dp0images\gpt_both0.bin || @echo "Flash tz error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash tz %~dp0images\tz.mbn || @echo "Flash tz error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash sbl1 %~dp0images\sbl1.mbn || @echo "Flash sbl1 error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash rpm %~dp0images\rpm.mbn || @echo "Flash rpm error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash aboot %~dp0images\emmc_appsboot.mbn || @echo "Flash emmc_appsboot error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash hyp %~dp0images\hyp.mbn || @echo "Flash hyp error" && exit /B 1

fastboot %* flash tzbak %~dp0images\tz.mbn || @echo "Flash tzbak error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash sbl1bak %~dp0images\sbl1.mbn || @echo "Flash sbl1bak error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash rpmbak %~dp0images\rpm.mbn || @echo "Flash uboot rpmbak" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash abootbak %~dp0images\emmc_appsboot.mbn || @echo "Flash abootbak error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash hypbak %~dp0images\hyp.mbn || @echo "Flash hypbak error" && exit /B 1

fastboot %* erase boot
fastboot %* flash modem %~dp0images\NON-HLOS.bin || @echo "Flash modem error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash system %~dp0images\system.img || @echo "Flash system error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash cache %~dp0images\cache.img || @echo "Flash cache error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash userdata %~dp0images\userdata.img || @echo "Flash userdata error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash recovery %~dp0images\recovery.img || @echo "Flash recovery error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash boot %~dp0images\boot.img || @echo "Flash boot error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash persist %~dp0images\persist.img || @echo "Flash persist error" && exit /B 1

fastboot %* flash sec %~dp0images\sec.dat || @echo "Flash sec error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash splash %~dp0images\splash.img || @echo "Flash splash error" && exit /B 1

fastboot %* reboot

pause

Last edited:
i see that this is practically an inactive thread, but maybe somebody can help me. my girlfriend has a hongmi, it froze yesterday. after rebooting it, the sim card was not recognized. the phone boots, everything works (wifi, screen, apps) normally, except the sim trays. i tried to use the phone with 3 different sim cards; all cards work in other phones, none of them are recognized in the hongmi. the phone is ~15 months old, 100% original, it worked perfectly since i bought it.

what i tried so far:
- system restore
- flashing different roms via factory recovery and twrp
- this method
- went through this one: http://en.miui.com/thread-18485-1-1.html the phone has not lost the imei, but the mac address started with a 00, so i re-wrote that

so basically i'm stuck here. everything seems all right, except any sim card would work with the phone. any idea what could have happened to the phone and how could i fix it?

Last edited:
i see that this is practically an inactive thread, but maybe somebody can help me. my girlfriend has a hongmi, it froze yesterday. after rebooting it, the sim card was not recognized. the phone boots, everything works (wifi, screen, apps) normally, except the sim trays. i tried to use the phone with 3 different sim cards; all cards work in other phones, none of them are recognized in the hongmi. the phone is ~15 months old, 100% original, it worked perfectly since i bought it.

what i tried so far:
- system restore
- flashing different roms via factory recovery and twrp
- this method
- went through this one: http://en.miui.com/thread-18485-1-1.html the phone has not lost the imei, but the mac address started with a 00, so i re-wrote that

so basically i'm stuck here. everything seems all right, except any sim card would work with the phone. any idea what could have happened to the phone and how could i fix it?
dont want to be rude but you sure you flashed correct firmware? That same thing happened to me when I flashed WCDMA on my TD phone

you're not rude, when you run into problems, you will consider all options. i'm sure i flashed the correct firmware.

it's just i made the lamest error of my 5 years of android life: i entered the sim card into the phone the wrong way. lame, i know. beat me. :D the upside of the story is that i know that the guides work just fine.