[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Hi guys,

I'm on a Mi Note (64GB) and I've been using sMIUI from #day1 of my ownership.

On 5.7.16 I have a BIG PROBLEM!
Since I listen to music a lot this is very important. My Playlists from 5.7.9 (and all previous versions) can't be opened. I touch them in the Music Player but they just don't open up or get played. A Titanium restore doesn't do the trick.

Is that a known problem on this version? Is there a workaround? I've switched back to 5.7.9 but staying there is not a very nice option, as you might agree.

best regards,
Simon
Everything ok on Mi Note 64GB.....

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

It doesn't seem so.

This is from the changelog of 5.7.23 official ROM:

[Music]
Optimization - Reduced RAM usage (07-21)
Fix - Local playlists were unresponsive (07-21)

So I just have to wait :)

It doesn't seem so.

This is from the changelog of 5.7.23 official ROM:

[Music]
Optimization - Reduced RAM usage (07-21)
Fix - Local playlists were unresponsive (07-21)

So I just have to wait :)
Mine is ok....

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

If U want to install sMiui with Aroma, you've to flash it only via custom recovery and not with Updater or Mirecovery. If you want to flash Normal version, you can use Updater app
Hmm, I was under the impression that there wasn't a good custom recovery that worked with the later smiui/miui releases for mi2s?

Well there are CWM or twrp. Unfortunately both custom recovery is being replace after every flash of Miui, sMiui aroma and normal.. So for every release, you've to flash first a custom recovery, than you can install sMiui Aroma. Obviously as soon as you reboot and so boot into the system, automatically your custom recovery had been replaced by recovery stock (MiRecovery).

Reactions: jauling
Well there are CWM or twrp. Unfortunately both custom recovery is being replace after every flash of Miui, sMiui aroma and normal.. So for every release, you've to flash first a custom recovery, than you can install sMiui Aroma. Obviously as soon as you reboot and so boot into the system, automatically your custom recovery had been replaced by recovery stock (MiRecovery).
Do you have a link or something with a how-to for installing TWRP or CWM for the new partition layout?

I am doing something wrong...

I downloaded the files, went into fastboot and flashed the .IMG file with the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.IMG" without the quotes.

I then rebooted into the recovery, but it is still mi-recovery.

What did I do wrong?

I downloaded the files, went into fastboot and flashed the .IMG file with the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.IMG" without the quotes.

What did I do wrong?
Yes, follow this steps:
1) Download latest sMiui Aroma zip version and put it in storage
2) Download English language for cwm recovery (signed_recovery_6.0.5_NEW_Partition_with_aboot.zip) and put it in storage
3) Open cwm in chinese ( _______recovery.zip) and extract the files in the adb folder
4) Overwrite when asked
5) Go to fastboot mode with the device and plug USB cable; than open cmd and put these commands:
- "fastboot devices" (to see if your device can be seen)
- "fastboot oem unlock"
- "flash.bat"
6) Press enter and wait
7) Reboot in recovery and flash the english language (the cwm will be in chinese, so search images on google to see what keys you've to press to go in the menu "flash from sd card")
8) Search the menu "reboot recovery", so you'll have cwm recovery in english; than you can now flash sMiui Aroma

Stupid question: how can I know whether or not I have merged partitions? I am on sMIUI 5.7.16
Have you Mi2s? If yes, you can see it going into the menu memory: if there are two data storages, the first for apps and the second one for multimedial files, you don't have merged partitions. Instead, if you have one olny data storage you have merfed partitions

Reactions: Matze002

What did I do wrong?
fastboot oem unlock
At first
And TWRP 2.8.6.0 NOT CWM

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Yes, follow this steps:
1) Download latest sMiui Aroma zip version and put it in storage
2) Download English language for cwm recovery (signed_recovery_6.0.5_NEW_Partition_with_aboot.zip) and put it in storage
3) Open cwm in chinese ( _______recovery.zip) and extract the files in the adb folder
4) Overwrite when asked
5) Go to fastboot mode with the device and plug USB cable; than open cmd and put these commands:
- "fastboot devices" (to see if your device can be seen)
- "fastboot oem unlock"
- "flash.bat"
6) Press enter and wait
7) Reboot in recovery and flash the english language (the cwm will be in chinese, so search images on google to see what keys you've to press to go in the menu "flash from sd card")
8) Search the menu "reboot recovery", so you'll have cwm recovery in english; than you can now flash sMiui Aroma
I got stuck at step 8. I could not find the option. So the second time I tried I installed sMIUI with the Chinese cwm.
Thnx!

Reactions: JohnLocke
Have you Mi2s? If yes, you can see it going into the menu memory: if there are two data storages, the first for apps and the second one for multimedial files, you don't have merged partitions. Instead, if you have one olny data storage you have merfed partitions

Thanks a lot... But... I am too stupid to definitely find out:

What I can see in ES explorer is "device" there is also "system" with the folder "app"... Additionally, there is "emulated>0".. Seems that I don't have merged, correct? Btw, I got a Mi2s...

Thanks a lot... But... I am too stupid to definitely find out:

What I can see in ES explorer is "device" there is also "system" with the folder "app"... Additionally, there is "emulated>0".. Seems that I don't have merged, correct? Btw, I got a Mi2s...

No, see on system settings not on ES File explorer

This? (Btw, please throw me out of this thread if my questions are really to stupid)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-27-20-17-13.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-27-20-17-13.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 246
1. No
2. Same of Miui using Normal version
3. All works
4. As you install smiui (flashing smiui file .zip)

Aries cancro virgo ecc ecc are the devices.
Aries is the name of Xiaomi Mi2(s) for example

How to revert back to the original one this version I must open mail to get mail, I must to open whatsapp to get my messages it's sucks

How to revert back to the original one this version I must open mail to get mail, I must to open whatsapp to get my messages it's sucks
Go to security and check auto start apps. 5.7.16 is buggy. I revert back to 5.4.10 due to this issue

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk