[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Strange...Yesterday I tried to install aroma version via cwm recovery, but instead of recovery I renamed smiui aroma version 5.7.16 update.zip and start installing via mirecovery. After reboot I was amazed to find fully working version of smiui.

Hey Guys, I also tried to install the latest smiui aroma version as described here (flashed recovery via adb and fastboot) and can confirm that it worked alright, there was just some weird error in CWM that said "mount: failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata at /data: Device or resource busy" but it continued to install after some time and works like a charm so I'm relieved. Incredible rom, thank you very much, I'll keep my mi2s a little while longer. :)

From what I remember CWM showed this error each time I tried to flash something in the past. It's deprecated btw.
Use TWRP in place of CWM :)

MIUI ROM 5.7.31 suspended
According to feedback from some users, upgrading to MIUI 5.7.31 might cause reboot. Developers are working on it right now. The OTA update has been suspended for now. We'll resume the update as soon as the problem is solved. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you very much for your support and understanding.

For the one that browser always Force close

- First install any Dev ROM in another partitions
- use root explorer/miexplorer or any root exp app then copy browser.apk from root/system/priv-app and save it to your internal sd
- And install Smiui 5.7.31 from @sebsch1991 until finish
- after that go to root explorer/miexplorer dont forget to grant root
- and copy browser.apk that you save before to root/system/priv-app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- /644
- reboot
- and voila...your browser now back to normal

change your default startup page with google.com or any default startup page that you want

Thats it...
cmiiw

I have no problems using 5.7.31, only Backup app doesnt work.
Btw, is there any chance to get the Google Backup working? For me, neither TB nor MIUI Backup are satisfying: both do not backup savegames, for instance. Furthermore, TB (in my case) continuously crashes while restoring any app. The only thing that worked in the past was Google Backup when is used AOSP for some days... In sMIUI Google Backup is greyed out - even when I activate is, it greys out automatically (?) after a while. Any help/hint?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-03-09-41-13 comment.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-03-09-41-13 comment.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 215
i tried with 2.8.7.0 it's the same, it reboots before going on aroma installer. Cancro.
I can try with previous one, they says .31 is cancel for now because problems in recovery

i inst<lled the cwm 6.0.5.1 then installed aroma version .31 of cancro. Everything fine.
Then again i installed twrp to backup the rom doing nandroid backup. Everything is ok.
I wish can install future version with twrp and not doing this procedure...change recovery, install rom, change revoery. I don't like CWM, twrp is much better expecially for backup.

Anyway, which problem do you have? backup for me works

...Anyway, which problem do you have? backup for me works

If you refer to my post above: it's the Google backup specifically which I want to use. In AOSP it works, but not in sMIUI. I edited my post with a better screenshot to explain my problem...