Installing Miui7 After Using Stock Android ?

i did recovery from lollipop back to stock with these simple steps:

Step 1. Visit the ROMS download page here. And download the cancro version.
Step 2. Once the ROM is downloaded, connect your phone to the PC with USB cable and Move the file on your phone.
Step 3. Reboot the device into Custom Recovery. To do this, switch off your phone and Now press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together until the device enters the recovery mode.
Step 4. Once your phone in recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and confirm. (dont format your SD card!!!)
Step 5. After this clear the cache memory by selecting “wipe cache partition.”
Step 6. Now select “Install Zip” > select “Choose zip from sd card” > Browse to SD card and select the download ROM > Confirm
Step 7. Once done with the installation process, go back to the main menu of recovery and Reboot the system.

That’s it. Your Xiaomi Mi4 is back to original MIUI ROM.

cool,

one more question, if I install the cancro version, will it be in English without all the chinese apps that were there in the stock rom ?

I want my phone to be english, not chinese ... :)

... that's also why I installed lollipop, to get rid of all this chinese stuff, but now I'm wondering whether if this Miui7 cancro EU version isn't a better way to go ?

Greetings and thanks for the help !
Pascal

Step 2. Once the ROM is downloaded, connect your phone to the PC with USB cable and Move the file on your phone.
Step 3. Reboot the device into Custom Recovery. To do this, switch off your phone and Now press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together until the device enters the recovery mode.
Step 4. Once your phone in recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and confirm. (dont format your SD card!!!)
Step 6. Now select “Install Zip” > select “Choose zip from sd card” > Browse to SD card and select the download ROM > Confirm
Step 7. Once done with the installation process, go back to the main menu of recovery and Reboot the system.

I followed the instructions and the phone is all in chinese now ... huh ?

Although I used xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_5.8.20_v7-4.4

what did I do wrong ?????

Help ! :)

cool,

one more question, if I install the cancro version, will it be in English without all the chinese apps that were there in the stock rom ?

I want my phone to be english, not chinese ... :)

... that's also why I installed lollipop, to get rid of all this chinese stuff, but now I'm wondering whether if this Miui7 cancro EU version isn't a better way to go ?

Greetings and thanks for the help !
Pascal

I followed the instructions and the phone is all in chinese now ... huh ?

Although I used xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_5.8.20_v7-4.4

what did I do wrong ?????

Help ! :)
Hi Pascal...
I think your downloaded RoM is KitKat not lolipop

Sent from my HM NOTE 1S using Tapatalk

ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection.
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront) Request ID: Pi-V2AsnpQgbevhEmiD0MbWfBUy6MadBkzGHgemgPI_z0vq94yS4gw==

http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
Download and install "Xiaomi Mi 4 CDMA/WCDMA/LTE Latest Global Developer Version Fastboot File Download" full rom with MiFlash and then install latest xiaomi.eu cancro zip with Updater app.