MULTI 5.11.19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I've a question. Do you have this bug too? Cleaner definitions never updates since I've fresh installed the ROM.
It's safe to update cleaner definitions?
TO3LAgd.png

I did, nothing bad happened :)
You tell me better, how to make an exception!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Mi2 users,

If you want to make sure your system partitions are merged, then install Terminal Emulator from play store, launch the app and type df command and enter. If systems are merged successfully you can see 1009,3MB size next to system. If systems are not merged you can see 504,4MB size next to system

Thanks for the info TE check @graw2, but still 504,4MB on the system. Then have to recheck something going wrong. Its cause USB debugging is disabled. Then reflash one more time via updater then become 1009,3MB.
So don't forget to enabled the usb debugging.

Thanks @graw2

Reactions: graw2
Thanks for the info TE check @graw2, but still 504,4MB on the system. Then have to recheck something going wrong. Its cause USB debugging is disabled. Then reflash one more time via updater then become 1009,3MB.
So don't forget to enabled the usb debugging.

Thanks @graw2

Yes your right USB Debugging must be enabled to get merged system partitions before flash 5.11.19 via updater app. I wrote here (pls find underlined text): http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/5-11-19-20.28998/page-12#post-262738

I have a problem on my MI2s. After installation of 5.11.19 the partition merge did not happen. Although i had usb debugging enabled. So i ran the update a second time through the Updater. This time it was succesfull.

The problem that i now have is that my /sdcard is empty. When i start the Photo Camera app, i get an error saying please install a SDCard. If i look in terminal emulator i see that /dev/fuse is mounted on /storage/sdcard0 and /sdcard is a link to this.

Update: Managed to fix it with the instructions graw2: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/5-11-19-20.28998/page-14#post-262798

Last edited:
I have a problem on my MI2s. After installation of 5.11.19 the partition merge did not happen. Although i had usb debugging enabled. So i ran the update a second time through the Updater. This time it was succesfull.

The problem that i now have is that my /sdcard is empty. When i start the Photo Camera app, i get an error saying please install a SDCard. If i look in terminal emulator i see that /dev/fuse is mounted on /storage/sdcard0 and /sdcard is a link to this.

In this case first install 5.11.20 fastboot package via MiFlash (with Flash All) and then install xiaomi.eu 5.11.19 via updater app, and finally (optional) wipe sd + wipe all data from MiRecovery to remove remained Chinese folders and apps.

Hello.
How are files that have been hidden from the file explorer? How to recover?
I do not get them, when active the option "show hidden files".
I M2S

Hello.
How are files that have been hidden from the file explorer? How to recover?
I do not get them, when active the option "show hidden files".
I M2S

Pull down file explorer main screen to open hidden folders

Pull down file explorer main screen to open hidden folders
By the way, don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but it seems a little buggy or pointless:
I've created a Folder, and added a photo;
Well, it's hidden in the Explorer, but in the gallery it shows in the homepage (photos). It's hidden in the next section (device).

Any ideas why I can't choose folders using the music app that comes with this rom? When I try using the "select folders" option, I can't navigate to where my musics are.

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

By the way, don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but it seems a little buggy or pointless:
I've created a Folder, and added a photo;
Well, it's hidden in the Explorer, but in the gallery it shows in the homepage (photos). It's hidden in the next section (device).

It will be fixed in tomorrow release. So, all images what you hide in file explore will be not visible in galery app

Reactions: tonirai
hi.
Why whatsapp videos and pics are stored in internal memory?
What can i do?

Sorry about my english...

hi.
Why whatsapp videos and pics are stored in internal memory?
What can i do?

Sorry about my english...
I investigated that once, and found that it's inherent to whatsapp, it uses the internal memory and gives no other option.

I'm not sure if it's rom related, but since this update I don't have sound with Facebook notifications;
The notification pops in the lockscreen normally, the led blinks normally... But no sound. Use to have sound.
In settings, "sound and vibration" is on for Facebook.

I investigated that once, and found that it's inherent to whatsapp, it uses the internal memory and gives no other option.
Sure?
i remember that in v5 and other phones all archives go to sd... now, i´m not sure...

Sure?
i remember that in v5 and other phones all archives go to sd... now, i´m not sure...
Well, can't tell you about v5, because I only deal with miui since v6;
But I went to Q&A (questions and answers) section of whatsapp, and that's what they said there.

Any ideas why I can't choose folders using the music app that comes with this rom? When I try using the "select folders" option, I can't navigate to where my musics are.

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

Move your musics into Music folder, and then you can choose folders to display in music app

Status
Not open for further replies.