Root Xiaomi Mi5

weeird..
What do you get when you type 'fastboot devices'?
After i copied the recovery.img and the boot.img in the folder i started over in the command screen and it worked.
So this process did go well. I got in twrp and installed the latest gemini rom. That was taking longer time than usual, but the rom was installed.

Dear Proag, you're great!
Thanks a lot for your patience and your big help.

My mi5 is on 6.4.27 gemini now.

Thanks again ;-))

Alex

I'd like to leave the question here what this boot.img is.
I followed a few instrunctions already and everytime i try to get into recovery mode AFTER "successfully" installing TWRP Recovery, i just see a Xiaomi device with a cable beneath it. I assume i literally installed the TWRP Recovery, but i simply cant enter it. I have no idea what to do now, but the difference between your posts and the guides i've seen is this "boot.img". So i'd like to ask what it is and how i can get it. Thanks in advance

Edit: Yes, i unlocked the bootloader via the UnlockingTool of Xiaomi as well, it was successful

I'd like to leave the question here what this boot.img is.
I followed a few instrunctions already and everytime i try to get into recovery mode AFTER "successfully" installing TWRP Recovery, i just see a Xiaomi device with a cable beneath it. I assume i literally installed the TWRP Recovery, but i simply cant enter it. I have no idea what to do now, but the difference between your posts and the guides i've seen is this "boot.img". So i'd like to ask what it is and how i can get it. Thanks in advance

Edit: Yes, i unlocked the bootloader via the UnlockingTool of Xiaomi as well, it was successful

edited boot.img you need to make internal storage visible in TWRP
see first Tread in MI5 Forum

Reactions: Alexiaomi