Xiaomi Redmi 2 - Pulsing Red Notification Led, Nothing On Screen When Powering On

scragnoth

Members
May 4, 2016
Hi there, does anyone know what this means?

When I try to turn the phone on, there is:

1. one short vibration interval
2. two intervals of pulsing notification LED (red)
3. while second LED pulse, one short vibration interval, and then two short vibration intervals
4. seems that it turned itself off, because I can repeat the same procedure by trying another power on

There is nothing on the screen while all this happens. I had it completely disassembled and cleaned all four connectors (front bezel <-> main PCB).

Got it cheap because it's not working, and I want to revive it.

Thank you in advance

Hi there, does anyone know what this means?

When I try to turn the phone on, there is:

1. one short vibration interval
2. two intervals of pulsing notification LED (red)
3. while second LED pulse, one short vibration interval, and then two short vibration intervals
4. seems that it turned itself off, because I can repeat the same procedure by trying another power on

There is nothing on the screen while all this happens. I had it completely disassembled and cleaned all four connectors (front bezel <-> main PCB).

Got it cheap because it's not working, and I want to revive it.

Thank you in advance
So, you basically want to repair an already dead phone, that too yourself.

Do you know anything about the electronics?
And this is a support Forum not a Repair Forum.

Good Luck

Using TAPATALK on Redmi 2, Marshmallow SNAPSHOT

I just want to know if the signals the phone is giving me do have a specific meaning. That files under "support" in my concern.

And,I also read that even a completely dead phone (in that case being bricked, but giving no signals at all) can be brought back to life by software. Here I don't think that's the case, but why not try either?

Does it go in recovery mode (power nutton and volume up together) or in fastboot mode (power button and volume dwn together)?

I tried recovery mode - it seems to do nothing at all unfortunately. But I will try fast boot also..