Mi Note Pro: Complete Beginners Guide

How do i unbrick my phone if it's completely unresponsive? It shows up on the PC but i can't start anything on there

I guess, it might be a good idea to start with following Q16 of this guide and posting descriptions and screen shots to this thread in case any of the steps fail.

Great work Mixxalych, this post its a must for all non Chinese users of Mi Note Pro, experts or not. Its a perfect guide to how to unlock, install a custom firmware/recovery and FAQ, all in one. Thanks.

I was purposely stuck on 5.12.24|Beta due to the locking issue. Now I can update my phone again without fear.

Cheers from Spain.

Reason for editing: misspelled words. Change "European users" to "Non Chinese users", wich is the pourpose of this guide.

Last edited:
Great work Mixxalych, this post its a must for all non Chinese users of Mi Note Pro, experts or not. Its a perfect guide to how to unlock, install a custom firmware/recovery and FAQ, all in one. Thanks.

Hola amigo y gracias! Glad it was of help and thanks for letting us know. I knew nothing about the subject when I bought my Mi Note Pro and had to learn all of it over a single weekend with the help of this community. Once over it, I decided to condense it all into a single post, just in case others don't have that much time and patience. :)

Hey guys, this guide is wonderful but I still need some help to flash my brand new mi note pro. Can you please link me to the latest version of the stable Rom? I didn't understand which one I need.
Also, I've seen lots of talking about locked and unlocked bootloaders. Does it mean something for me? How can I check if my bootloader is locked or not?

Hey guys, this guide is wonderful but I still need some help to flash my brand new mi note pro. Can you please link me to the latest version of the stable Rom? I didn't understand which one I need.
Also, I've seen lots of talking about locked and unlocked bootloaders. Does it mean something for me? How can I check if my bootloader is locked or not?

Hey man,

1. Latest stable ROM for Mi Note Pro is here.
2. Just follow the guide carefully. If your bootloader is locked you will 100% understand it is the case during the "fastboot" step. If it's not - you will just save yourself an hour or so. It's not something you should be too concerned about, in my opinion.

@Mixxalych

If I unlock Mi Note Pro with this one first: enDOTmiuiDOTcomSLASHunlockSLASH, then is it saver to do Q15: How exactly do I flash the ROM? , please help for the insight ... :D:D:D

@Mixxalych

If I unlock Mi Note Pro with this one first: enDOTmiuiDOTcomSLASHunlockSLASH, then is it saver to do Q15: How exactly do I flash the ROM? , please help for the insight ... :D:D:D

Unlocking your Xiaomi ROM and flashing an EU ROM are two different things, to start with :) Its like "is it safer to remove speed limiter on my car or I'd better fit a new engine to it?"

Depends what your purpose is.

A. If you need your current ROM unlocked (what for?) then you can apply for the unlock code from Xiaomi. Please note that:

1. You are looking to waiting several weeks to get that code from Xiaomi
2. The very next time you apply an update for Official Xiaomi ROM it will get locked again.

B. If you need to get yourself an EU ROM from this site, then you can go with the advice suggested in this post. We do not know a single case where it was not safe or did not work.

Reactions: Papao
Unlocking your Xiaomi ROM and flashing an EU ROM are two different things, to start with :) Its like "is it safer to remove speed limiter on my car or I'd better fit a new engine to it?"

Depends what your purpose is.

A. If you need your current ROM unlocked (what for?) then you can apply for the unlock code from Xiaomi. Please note that:

1. You are looking to waiting several weeks to get that code from Xiaomi
2. The very next time you apply an update for Official Xiaomi ROM it will get locked again.

B. If you need to get yourself an EU ROM from this site, then you can go with the advice suggested in this post. We do not know a single case where it was not safe or did not work.

Okay ... thanks ... I want to do the B ... so I can ignore the miui unlocking and I just go ahead doing the Q15: How exactly do I flash the ROM? ....:D:D:D

I'm stuck on the 14 step, where is the bat that I should to execute, I searched on the folder but there isn't any bat.
maybe has the version changed and the bat is now missed ?

@Mixxalych .... me too, Please help us ... :D:D:D

It took me a bit to figure out you were referring to Q15 - Step 4 :) I modified the guide for this step, please follow it instead:

4. Start Windows command prompt by pressing <Windows key> + X and then choosing "Command Prompt (Admin)". Once console (black box) opens, go to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC by typing

> cd C:\ADB
> C:

(change C: and ADB to your respective drive and path you chose in step 1 of this Q15)

Basically, this step is just about opening a command prompt and navigating to the folder you installed ADB and Fastboot into, so you an then run console commands.

Hope this helps!

I don't know what to do,
I'm trying to install a new version but it doesn't work. It leaves stucked while it's "Serving" the file.
now, I suppose that there is any kind of problem because the phone doesn't start and the twdp gives me some errors about folder system.
What can i do ?
I can enter without problem to the fasstboot
I tried on diferent computers and with diferents versions.

@Rayban: Could you please post what you are doing exactly along with pictures/screen shots of what is happening so we could understand it better before giving an advice?

@Rayban: Could you please post what you are doing exactly along with pictures/screen shots of what is happening so we could understand it better before giving an advice?
I don't know exactly what happened yesterday but finally the phone stayed working.
I passed the recovery image and after I installed a new rom, and with this rom worked directly.
I was trying to install the 6.0 version directly, maybe it was the error.
Anyway. The phone is working now, I'm very happy with it.

thanks a lot :)

I don't know exactly what happened yesterday but finally the phone stayed working.
I passed the recovery image and after I installed a new rom, and with this rom worked directly.
I was trying to install the 6.0 version directly, maybe it was the error.
Anyway. The phone is working now, I'm very happy with it.

thanks a lot :)

Great, thanks a lot for letting us know and you're most welcome! :)

Thanks a lot @Helder Moura , this can indeed happen and it is good to know how to fix this. Added into the body of Q16 if you don't mind :)

@AdamFromHeaven - well, in fact, it is not too much harder than flashing a ROM, just keep issuing shell commands as suggeted by Helder Moura. Furthermore, an "average user" will either have to do this (and become an "advanced user") or get used to live with a bricked phone :)
This happened and your process helped me to recover the phone. First thank you...Though third or fourth process gave error. l continued and all went OK except that. Then l flashed the latest leo stable rom (dated April 4th or something). But now the phone, without any apparent reason, shuts to mi logo screen and start your android appear. And for some seconds touch screen does not respond. Any thoughts?

MI NOTE Pro cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

l flashed the latest leo stable rom (dated April 4th or something). But now the phone, without any apparent reason, shuts to mi logo screen and start your android appear. And for some seconds touch screen does not respond. Any thoughts?

Well, that's a bit weird. However, I seem to have the same issue with March 2016 DEV ROM, although that doesn't happen often, once or twice a week at most. Do you know how to reproduce this behavior? How often does this happen?

If this happens often, it might be a good idea to connect your phone to the PC, run the logcat utility and start playing around with your phone until this issue appears.

This shoud get you a full log which you could post to here, so dev guys could see what exactly is happening.

Reactions: bluswok
@Mixxalych

Am I thinking correctly that the steps Q15: How exactly do I flash the ROM? actually flash the ROM without "unlocking" the Mi Note Pro, right? ... :D:D:D

@Mixxalych

Am I thinking correctly that the steps Q15: How exactly do I flash the ROM? actually flash the ROM without "unlocking" the Mi Note Pro, right? ... :D:D:D

"Yes", in a way. Locking bootloader or not is a feature of the particular ROM. For instance, all new official Xiaomi ROMs (and updates to same) do lock the bootloader, irregardless to its previous state. On the same note, all ROMs from this site do not lock the bootloader.

The bottom line is: Q15 shows how to flash the ROM, where Q17 explains how to deal with locked bootloader if needed :)

"Yes", in a way. Locking bootloader or not is a feature of the particular ROM. For instance, all new official Xiaomi ROMs (and updates to same) do lock the bootloader, irregardless to its previous state. On the same note, all ROMs from this site do not lock the bootloader.

The bottom line is: Q15 shows how to flash the ROM, where Q17 explains how to deal with locked bootloader if needed :)

Thanks for the reply, you have enlightened me ... :):):)

Thanks for the response. ln fact same for about frequency of occurrence. Twice or three times a week l see the phone in that state. By the way l encrypted the phone after flashing if it makes any sense as to understand why this happens. lt is a nuisance and makes me feel if it is worth going all the hassle (buy from china, send it to some other country and get it from there)

Well, that's a bit weird. However, I seem to have the same issue with March 2016 DEV ROM, although that doesn't happen often, once or twice a week at most. Do you know how to reproduce this behavior? How often does this happen?

If this happens often, it might be a good idea to connect your phone to the PC, run the logcat utility and start playing around with your phone until this issue appears.

This shoud get you a full log which you could post to here, so dev guys could see what exactly is happening.
Thanks for the response. ln fact same for about frequency of occurrence. Twice or three times a week l see the phone in that state. By the way l encrypted the phone after flashing if it makes any sense as to understand why this happens. lt is a nuisance and makes me feel if it is worth going all the hassle (buy from china, send it to some other country and get it from there)<br /><br />MI NOTE Pro cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi