Ask For An Installation Guide From Miui.com To Miui.eu

• I restarted from China STABLE 7.1.2
  • Using updater I updated to CHINA DEV 6.3.24
  • Using good old Google Installer I succesfully made working Google Play Store
  • On the china dev, I manually done OEM unlock, root, and installed your TWRP via fastboot.
At this stage, the only way to reboot to recovery is using Updater App or adb reboot recovery command, but root and TWRP survive to reboots. that's fine. Bootloader Error Code #03 is still here but I know that will disappear installing Xiaomi.eu ROM

What the right sequence now to install Xiaomi.eu rom ?

• I rebooted into TWRP and flashed xiaomi.eu latte ROM without any wipes
  • Then, before reboot, I gone to Advanced wipe and done dalvik/cache/data wipe
  • Then reboot
Esit: TWRP is installed, root is lost, Google Play Store has the same problem: error 963.

So your theory (to have a working PS before switching to xiaomi.eu) doesn't work

Last edited:
  • I restarted from China STABLE 7.1.2
  • Using updater I updated to CHINA DEV 6.3.24
  • Using good old Google Installer I succesfully made working Google Play Store
  • And then?
I cannot flash TWRP using updater or mi recovery.
I canno execute Flashify app because it requires root

I was not able to flash TWRP provided here. I flashed it from fastboot.
So short instruction. Later I will try to create separate post.
Download this archive and extract to your PC - https://pucina.dedyn.io:5001/fbsharing/MDlV6rxb
Boot your tab into fastboot mode, connect to your PC (hope you already installed adb drivers and unlocked your bootloader). Then run install_TWRP.bat.
When tab re-started press volume+ and power button and hold for a 5-6 seconds. You will enter TWRP. If this will not happen - re-do this again.

Now about root. Download this archive and put it on your tab - https://pucina.dedyn.io:5001/fbsharing/tK2GlCXZ
Boot into TWRP and install it from there.

Last edited:
  • On the china dev, I manually done OEM unlock, root, and installed your TWRP via fastboot.
  • I rebooted into TWRP and flashed xiaomi.eu latte ROM without any wipes
  • Then, before reboot, I gone to Advanced wipe and done dalvik/cache/data wipe
  • Then reboot
Esit: TWRP is installed, bootloade error 03 is disappeared, but root is lost, and Google Play Store has the same problem: error 963.

Once at time, I stopped and cleared data from EVERY Google App. EVERY
I removed then my Google acocunt
Rebooted
I clicked on Play Store and readded the account from here.
Same problem

I cannot undertstand why must be not possible to install Play store via Google Installer... why the team installed Open GApps as system app !??!?! why ?!!

Last edited:
Yes, the super su flashed via TWRP works fine ...

Only problem is still the Play store 963.

I'm trying to resolve adapting pico package of Open Gappas to MIUI

Yes, the super su flashed via TWRP works fine ...

Only problem is still the Play store 963.

I'm trying to resolve adapting pico package of Open Gappas to MIUI

To get rid of this error, you should re-do all stuffs you did before. Take a look into thread I created.

No, Papka, something in your tutorial is missing ... I replied to you in the linked thread

Papka__ i unlocked the mipad2, so when I start screen error 03 appears. gone into fastboot, flashed your twrp.bat and it writing recovery and okay. After restarting the 03 screen appears and I press volume up + power, but I always get into the original recovery, not the trwp

anything I can do ?

got it but the typical goole error so start again

Last edited:
So. Flash twrp once again and when tab goes into reboot press volume+ and power button. Hold them 4-5 seconds. When error 03 will appear press volume + once again and you will enter twrp. If you will not enter into twrp and tab booted into ROM, you should re-flash once again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

perfect, because the tutorials are always a little bit general. Pressing Volume + and Power but before the 03 Screen or after, this is important to notice. THANKS

Tutorial placed here by me said:
"6. When tab re-started press volume+ and power button and hold for a 5-6 seconds."
Have no idea what is general here. :)

OK. Probably error 963. So be ready to re-do all from scratch.
1. Download original China/eng dev ROM.
2. Flash it from fastboot
3. Install TWRP once again.
4. Flash xiaumi.EU ROM from TWRP (no wipes)!
5. Directly after flash, wipe dalvik+cache+data. Nothing more.
6. Reboot.

Job done, Market working!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Just a question, how can i flash a DEV rom from fastboot?
I followed your tutorial; i have installed xiaomi.eu rom + twrp.
But when i start the playstore it says "unfortunately stopped"
I cant even get to open the playstore to see which error will i recieve ...
and the battery indicator is stuck at 42% also, yet the indicator while its turned off and charging shows correct value
can be taht i'm a win 10 version convert?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-03-12-53-20_com.miui.bugreport.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-03-12-53-20_com.miui.bugreport.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 333
  • Screenshot_2016-05-03-12-53-30_com.miui.bugreport.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-03-12-53-30_com.miui.bugreport.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 340
Last edited:
man isnt there another solution to install twrp? i pressed the combo for 100th time and still no success ... the button is allmost broken ... if i dont succeed this way i swear im going to throw this stupid thing out of the window ...

edit: the rom in the native release does not let access to bootloader nor recovery. period.
i tried vol down + power also and cannot even enter in fastboot.
adb reboot bootloader works ....
dnx fastboot with button combo works so i dont think i'm the problem ...
dont tell me the timing, i tried the combo before mi logo after mi logo, 4 sec, 5 sec, 6 sec crap i even used a stopwatch.
what next?

Last edited:
Cool down man. You will break nice device and nothing else...
I heard about such problem, when it's not possible to get into recovery with combination. This happen occasionally.
I will take a look. I know there is workaround. I will try to post solution bit later.

Reactions: strapabiro
ok twrp works now thank you for not losing your mind over the issue like i did ...
two questions; the tutorial says finally flash version 6.3.17 ... that was the latest when you made the tutorial or that certain version is essential? (i can find only 6.4.28 there)
after twrp flash can i enter system to copy the rom to the pad or after twrp flash directly must flash rom?
and finally, supersu and or root are necessary for this fixing process?

Use latest ROM. Just follow the instruction. I think it will be rooted by default.
You can boot into system and then copy ROM or you can use mount in TWRP and copy ROM directly in TWRP mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: strapabiro
ok thanks for the support, the rom will not be rooted by default that's why i was asking and i still get the same "unfortunately, google play services stopped", check out the screenshot, no error code, nothing. if i expand it just java code stuff ...
i think i switch back to win 10 and leave it so, it doesn't worth the anger ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-05-08-34-25_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-05-08-34-25_com.miui.home.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 370
there is no cache/data for this app because it is unable to start up even for one time ... there is no button for uninstall updates, even the force stop button is inactive :( i dont understand what the problem might be ... i'm starting to wonder if root is necessary ?!

Last edited:
Ok, the only thing i can do is to try to install that certain version ... i cannot uninstall play services, at least in this version (need root maybe, since they are system apps?)
Or i push back the native release first and then install 6.3.17