TEST

HTC 1.9.9 BRICKED MY PHONE

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by DynaDom, Sep 10, 2011.

1. DynaDom

DynaDom Members

DO NOT DOWNLOAD BRICKED MY EVO
  2. Google Adsense

3. cyberstoic

cyberstoic Members

Some more info may help both you and others.

What recovery are you using. What method did you use to flash it? What happened afterwards, etc. Can you boot it into fastboot or connect it using adb.....

I know it is obvious, but can you flash into recovery and flash a backup?
  4. cyberstoic

cyberstoic Members

5. The Batman

The Batman Members

I downloaded v1.9.9 from miui.us since there isn't one here, and my Evo is working fine.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app
  6. sonicdesign760

sonicdesign760 Members

i learned my lesson real quick, if you download the new rom updates from "Rom Manager" 35% of the time the Rom is corrupted, the moron thats uploading them to rom manager is somehow messing them up, so for future reference download from XDA, here, or MIUI.us and NOT Rom Manager.
  7. 2fast4u88

2fast4u88 Members

I don't know your guys builds right off and I am not a mod of your section. But you need to cool it with the name calling. As if your guys builds for miuiandroid are under miuiandroid. The builds are auto forked to rom manager last I knew. Also before you go calling people names you should maybe research all the issues of using rom manager to flash roms to see how it corrupts crap. That has been a problem since the desire and before it.

Another thing since I can't get a hold of mark but I am not sure how they want things handle as far as sending people to download from else where. But for noobs that see your post they may go to the other two spots to get the file. Then come here for support. Where I am pretty sure not either build is done the same.
  8. cyberstoic

cyberstoic Members

Not my experience. I have flashed hundreds and hundreds of roms, on my G1, mytouch3g, behold II, cliq, and nexus one. Very Rarely have I found rom manager's downloads corrupted. Proably 5 times max in hundreds of downloads.

Second, if it doesn't work for you, for whatever reason, don't use it, life is simple that way.

Third, understand the concept of implied risk. If you go to a hockey game and get hit by a stray puck, that is an implied risk of attendance. If you download and play with betas on your phone, and it doesn't work, that is an implied risk. You make the choice to do so and it is a risk you take.

Fourth, the people who do this work, deodex the roms, put everything into English, reload them, and put them out for our use, do so for many reasons, but mostly I suspect because they enjoy the challenge and the community and they share their TALENTS and TIME freely. When rude ungrateful people call their sacrifice of time, talent and treasure "morons", they may decide that it is not worth their time.

If you don't like the builds here, or on rom manager, use your free will and move on.
  9. The Batman

The Batman Members

I only suggested the v1.9.9 rom at miui.us because there doesn't seem to be anyone updating the rom versions for the Evo here anymore? Unless I'm completely wrong?

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Share Our Site