HTC [11.19 Port] MIUI for the HD2 (11/21 release)

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by domineus, Nov 22, 2010.

1. domineus

domineus Members

As well aware, this is miui port for htc hd2 devices. It is a stock kernel with a few minor changes (for our device family and general user satisfaction). For full list of changes, please see the next post. The default kernel for this build is hastarin r8.4. I have also switched to a non rootfs system. Please see the changelog listed in the next post that reflects changes in miui and in the development of this port.

Release Notes

Code:
    First boot should be extremely fast

Rooted: superuser priveleges (SU is included)

Stock as stock can get. Full changelog in next post

What works No Rootfs build
    • 3g/HSDPA
    • LED status notification
    • Keypad notification
    • bluetooth
    • USB mass storage
    • G Sensor WORKING
    • Facebook sync

not working No Rootfs build
    • camera
    • wifi
    • GPS

What works in rootfs build

Probably everything

What doesn't work in rootfs build[/u]

BT music controls

The problems attributed to not working may be related to the no rootfs. I will continue to test to find a solution

How to install

Install is relatively easy:
    1. Extract the folder [including contents] to the root of your sd card. Since it has a unique name, you won't have to rename it as I doubt any other builds has a unique naming ID.
    2. Ensure you have at least 1 gig of space on your sd card
    a. there is a default data.img included and the size is 512 mb. Included is a folder with data files between 1 and 3 gig in size.
    b. copy the appropriate data.img to the folder of your microsd card.
    3. Once the copy is complete, go to the android folder, run CLRCAD.exe and then HaRet. You will be taken to the HTC screen for about 35-55 seconds and the rom will load.
    a. If your device reboots, ensure that on first boot that this is the only build on your device
    b. If the build still doesn't boot, reformat your sd card in windows mobile
    c. If the build continues to reboot, please look at the startup.txt file. Ensure that the folder name is desire_cs (it is not desire_cs, but it has been the only way the file boots)
    4. Android will not allow you to enter any settings like on usual first boots. It boots directly to the main screen. In this I must warn, a reboot is necessary. Once you reboot, all programs will load and set up android as usual.
    5. The default keyboard is google keyboard. You can install other keyboards (provided in the next few posts below) if you prefer a different keyboard (such as htc_ime) or smart keyboard.

If you have a previous build
    Ideally you should be able to drag all the files from the current build (including startup.txt) and keep your first data.img. Please verify if you have any issues with updating this way. Please test this, I have not tested upgrading builds

The HD2 rom I am running is Duttythroy (and I have always ran duttyrom and it always gave me an excellent android experience) with 2.15 radio. It has never gave me any issues at all plus it is a good windows mobile rom [/shameless dutty plug]. Personally, I feel as though using a new data.img works wonders as well

Special thanks
    • Cotulla - for making all this possible
    • dan1j3l - for rootfs and liblights
    • hastarin - for the kernel
    • huanyu - for the kernel
    • michyprima - for the kernel
    • Cass67 - seriously he helped way too much
    • darkstone - his reference nexus one files have really aided in the port of this build
    • ElbartoME - for the Bluetooth fix
    • gauner1986 - for the latest lights.htcleo.so (9/26)
    • Geo411m - for the FRF91/FRG83 Stock, rooted, busybox ROM and add-ons (9/24)
    • mattc - for tweaks in rootfs
    • memin1857 - for tips that fix the auto backlight issue
    • NetRipper - for the latest haret.exe (9/14)
    • shu8i - for the readme
    • Bluetooth headsets testers
    • Everyone on #htc-linux & #htc-linux-chat, devs at xda-forums
    • MIUI-DEV team for opening the forum for the hd
    • Donators to all of you
    • Beta testers
    • XDA-DEVELOPERS as well
  2. Google Adsense

3. domineus

domineus Members

Changelog for this build

MIUI on HTC HD2 11.19 build

The following are changes between previous stable build and current build in the miui branch

Code:
    [i][b]MIUI[/b]Changelog[/i]
    [list][*]New icon style [thank you markhuk]
    [*]Font Changed to Arial from Helvetica [thank you markhuk]
    [*]Commonly used phrases in SMS window
    [*]Mobile Connect USB, automatically pop up the option to usb (e.g. if phone is connected to USB, option to mount is displayed automatically
    [*]Add the number of unread messages
    [*]Add lockscreen calendar [not visually seeing it need test]
    [*]Optimization of the status bar to remove the lock screen time when viewing the lockscreen.
    [*]Lock screen music controls optimized to improve compatibility.
    [*]Optimization of the distance from the top toolbar and widgets.
    [*]Stretch the desktop wallpaper issue fixed
    [*]Add set to my location option
    [*]Latest installed input method becomes the default automatically (e.g. you install htc_ime, it will default to htc_ime without using settings
    [*]SMS preview in top bar returned
    [*]miui music 
    [*]miui sms themes
    [*]miui theme (not loading on hd2)
    [*]T9 support
    [/list]

For more changes, please refer to
    http://www.miui-dev.com/content.php?21-MIUI-0.11.19-Release-notes!-(Week-13)

Code:
    [b]MIUI[/b][i]HD2 Changelog[/i] - [u]No Rootfs[/u]
    [list][*]transitioned to CedeSmith no rootfs
    [*]updated to hastarin r8.4 kernel - considering to also go back to 8.2 for the sake of stability and camera issues being solved
    [*]included several different data files to facilitate different tastes.
    [*]updated to letama 0.5 ril wrapper
    [*]updated miui browser to english official
    [*]updated to super user 
    [/list]

Code:
    [b]MIUI[/b][i]HD2 Changelog[/i] - [u]Rootfs[/u]
    [list][*]Rolled back to Hastarin 8.2
    [*]updated to letama 0.5 ril wrapper
    [*]Updated miui browser to english official
    [*]Updated to super user
    [*]updated camera 5 mp works with flash
    [/list]

The build is not perfect. Far from it and this is a development thread. I am still learning my way about android and htc so let me know what's going on. However, what I don't want is pointless bickering and arguing that occurred in xda nor do I want people to cover issues that have been covered ad nauseum. Use the search function and use it well you may find a solution or someone else with the issue already. Adding to the clutter does just that and impedes me from finding adequate solutions to make this build the best it can possibly be.

Secondly, read the first few posts. They also indicate what works, what doesn't, what needs to be improved and optimum user settings before even asking. My suggestion is to create a new data.img anytime you need to because I do apply changes and VERY often. You can try out updating the build using an old data.img but it would be extremely difficult to diagnose your issues otherwise because I am new to development.

This is a stock build of miui. I understand people change their android (by editing the build.prop to change lcd density) and that's fine. However, if you make changes to the build, don't expect me to help you solve the problem. That's probably not going to happen because it is difficult to diagnose the mistakes you made; when it is just simpler to keep a backup of the files you edit.
  4. domineus

domineus Members

Known Bugs

Known Bugs
    As with every build of Android, there are a few bugs that need to be ironed out. Many issues are usually ironed out with a miui update, an update of program or update of kernel. There are some bugs, however, that are oversought. Understand again if the bug is in the minority, chances are I may not get to every single individual bug (because it is too straining to keep up and most personal bugs can be found via google or xda-developers). For the major bugs that occur often I will make that top priority in order to make a stable release. For some bugs you may encounter, here are some possible solutions (to clean up clutter)

Robotic Voice
    Solution
    The robotic voice is a unique issue that can be caused by a lot of issues. Please ensure you have performed the proper steps before posting any robotic voice issues:

1. Hard reset in windows mobile or flash a new rom. It takes away several robotic voices
    2. What is your radio? If it is below 2.10, update your radio to 2.12 and above
    3. In android, get a program called root explorer, navigate to system/etc/firmware and delete htcleo.acdb
    4. On initial boot of the no rootfs file system, I noticed if there is a reboot, the robot voice is gone
    updated
    5. Disable audible tones in sound settings. No reboot. No robotic voice

Those are the main issues with the robotic voice.

Wifi Tether
    Solution
    Wifi is a known issue. Once solved, then wifi tethering should work

Programs won't install
    Solution
    Unmount your sd card, install the program, then remount your sd card. This, however, should not be too much of an issue now.

RMNET, can you add it
    Solution
    No RMNET. While I understand that some prefer it, PPP has been more stable by far. So no, there will be no RMNET releases.

Boot Time, stuck on HTC Green on Black
    Solution
    Initial boot should not be nearly this long. Perhaps after 20 seconds you should see the boot animation. Most commonly, however, it should be a reboot.

LCD density
    Solution
    I wouldn't. It has caused system instability. If you do change it, you will not get support.

Market downloads are constantly failing
    Solution
    Go to settings, application, manage applications, market, uninstall updates.
  5. domineus

domineus Members

6. domineus

domineus Members

Extra files to enrich the experience

Coming soon
  7. R3BrotherJr

R3BrotherJr Members

Downloading.....I will let you know of my findings with this one thanx!!
  8. byrdman443

byrdman443 Members

Thanks Dom... Downloading now, tell you what I find soon.
  9. gipaq

gipaq Members

Thank you Dom, Testing and will report later...
  10. gipaq

gipaq Members

Hi Dom,

I have tested the new build and so far..

1. Very Fast bootup time.
    2. Build is stable and fast.
    3. Wifi - doesn't work, obtaining an IP ....
    4. GPS - doesn't work
    5. Camera - Fcs

It looks very promising, I can not work with this build since no Wifi. Thank you for all the effort. We are here to test more if needed.
  11. b_u_d

b_u_d Members

Just give it a quick go... bluetooth does not turn on... is anyone else getting this? It tries to turn on but gives up. Also as expected - wifi not working, camera. Great T9 support though! Haven't tried GPS yet.
  12. meijerlars

meijerlars Members

I've tried this build and did al the steps right, but when I hit Haret it reboots in WM. Already reformat my SD but still the same problem. Someone know how to solve this?
    Thanks
  13. Bryski

Bryski Members

Just installed it here Dom, used my old 1GB data.img and it worked just fine :)
    Same issues as already reported mate, no WiFi, Camera or Bluetooth.

Bry.
  14. Bryski

Bryski Members

Facebook wont sync, I am guessing this is because I am using an old data.img.

Bry.
  15. domineus

domineus Members

I got FB sync on the 512 data img with no issues on that front
    Please be advised this build is as bleeding edge as bleeding is gonna get. There will be issues. Rootfs (hastarin 8.2) will rollout later today but I wanted something posted.
    For those with reboot issues move the folder itself to the card once you have copied the proper data img. I cannot stress that step enough...
    Expect a later release that should make EVERYONE happy. As for me last nights build isn't too bad...you do sacrifice a lot trust me you do and I thank you for testing.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  16. Bryski

Bryski Members

No probs with the testing mate, glad to help out :)

Bry.
  17. domineus

domineus Members

Autobuild update to that kernel still same problems...crap I need to maybe integrate my build.prop from a previous version or at the very least compare and contrast the two. Hopefully, something will be solved.

18. byrdman443

byrdman443 Members

Feedback

Here is what I got since last night. I upgraded the build using my old data image and I saw no problems. everything loaded fine on the first boot, but I rebooted one more time just to be safe. Bluetooth will not connect, it just tries to connect and then stops. I dont know if this is from using an old data image or what, but I will try with a new data image later. The themes dont seem to work for me and again it might be data image related, but not sure. It says its loading and I need to reboot, but after a restart there is no theme change. Camera still doesnt work, but thats something we know needs fixing. Here is the weird thing for me. Wifi at first glance doesnt seem to work. There is nothing in the status bar and in settings it says trying to aquire ip address. I did a speed test using the speed test app from the market and my speeds were wifi down speeds averaged were 8743 kbps after three tries and an average of 5136 kbps for up speed , those averages I only ever get using wifi. So I turned wifi completly off and the results were again wierd i got an average of 1444 down and an average of 604 up which corelates with all my previous other tests using just data and no wifi. I havnt tested gps yet but will get to that later.
  19. domineus

domineus Members

I already indicates in post 1 that wifi GPS and camera were issues...however I have GPS working and starting on the wifi issue...camera blah as well as bt will have issues. Gladly I'm not the only one that has used minu on hd2 that had bt issues

20. aby1

aby1 Members

boot very fast. but no gps or wifi . are there any new kernal that might work with this build apart from Hastarin?
  21. domineus

domineus Members

well I know the gps and wifi its included in post 1
    but gps is now working...now to get rid of wifi it could be really easy (I never added the wifi modules during the preparation process so hopefully that should solve that problem)

Finally expect a rootfs and a nonrootfs build coming within a few days. I'm just preparing to get ready for school...don't ask why I'm so late for class

Share Our Site