Xiaomi.eu Project Leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
[release]4.8.22m[/release]

Xiaomi Hongmi/Redmi NOT 1S (Doesn't have weekly releases):
Xiaomi Redmi 1S (Doesn't have weekly releases):
Xiaomi Redmi Note (Doesn't have weekly releases):
Attention:
MIUI v5 roms for Galaxy S2, HTC One X and Galaxy Note 2.
  • official MIUI roms based on Samsung/HTC firmware Android 4.1.2 were suspended
  • unofficial MIUI ports based on AOSP/CM Android 4.2.2.
You can use ported MIUI.
Be aware that you have to make full wipe in recovery if you're coming from 4.1.2 official to 4.2.2 ported MIUI.

Installation:

Xiaomi devices:
  • Install via OTA or Updater app
Other OFFICIAL devices:
  • Install via OTA or Download and flash Multilang
  • REBOOT
Other UNOFFICIAL devices and PORTS:
  • Download and flash our current Multi language ROM in CWM
  • REBOOT
Nexus 7 and other tablets:
  • Download and flash our current Multi language ROM in CWM
  • REBOOT

Translators:
  • Follow XML changes in Source v5 repo here and Tablets here
  • Our translation guide is here
  • Check for errors in your repo here
Give kudos to your translators. This is a huge group effort and continues to grow bigger.

Languages included in MIUIv5 devices:
Language included in Nexus 7, MiPAD and other tablets:

Notes:
  • All credits to @Roeano for T9 dialer mod - any issue or request report here
  • Xiaomi M1/S will not get Multilang v5 because of small /system partition.
  • Translators - you can now translate Simple clock widget clock here
  • MIUI Changelog + See CHANGELOG for your language...
  • Xiaomi changed rules for OTA and we cant use our servers anymore.. So we have to use only Xiaomi servers which are really slow.. sorry for that...
  • We have 2 Galaxy S4 roms: jfltexx (port) for GT-I9505 and official ja3g for GT-I9500 variant.
  • Xiaomi NFC MiTag app DOWNLOAD (copy to /system/app and set permissions to rw-r--r--)

Last edited:
Changelog

[System]
Fix - Sound cracked when playing recordings (Mi 3 WCDMA) (4.8.21)

[Camera]
Optimization - Macro focus effect (Mi 3 WCDMA/Mi 4) (4.8.21)

[Security]
New - Support copying the content of blocked messages (8-20)

[Clock/Calculator]
Fix - Clock volume could not go back to normal after setting phone to vibrate mode (8-22)

Preview of MIUIv6
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Miui v6 beta just startet last week. So it won't be released for another few weeks. (for Mi3/Mi4)

Last edited:
This solve any issue, regarding to a bad sound on sim 1 (people sometimes say that dont listen, i continue listen, then came normal again)

Official Xiaomi statement:
MIUIers, we hope to focus on improving MIUI based on Android 4.4 in the future, so we've decided that MIUI V5 update for the following devices will be stopped after MIUI 4.8.8: i9100 / i9300 / MX2 / Note2 / HTC OneX / Find5 / HTC One / Nubia Z5S(mini). It's really a tough decision. If the above devices get Android 4.4 from the original factory in the future, we'll consider supporting them again. Hope you understand. Thanks.

Hi man,
sorry, but the Note 2 (N7100) has been upgraded to 4.4.2 from Samsung mom. You may still support it, please?

I await response,

best regards,
Riccardo

Last week update for SGS3 (the first with KitKat) seems to drain battery quite fast. I hope that this week the problem will be fixed..

Hi man,
sorry, but the Note 2 (N7100) has been upgraded to 4.4.2 from Samsung mom. You may still support it, please?

I await response,

best regards,
Riccardo

Riccardo these people are volunteers (unofficial international miui / xiaomi phone support), you are barking at the wrong tree here.

Xiaomi (the company) has decided to stop supporting our devices, you should address your complain to them.

To the people of this forum that keep multilang rom alive with its numerous ports we just can say: thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: jama687 and BoORD_L
Its not quite Xiaomi. Its MIUI dev team that worked on non-Xiaomi ports. Now they are just a part of bigger Xiaomi devices MIUI team.
More people are working now with MIUI 6 on Xiaomi devices. Its normal because MIUI is now a factory system on Xiaomi devices.
If users want true MIUI experience then their only way is to have Xiaomi devices.

And also why Samsung never allowed Sense to be ported on their Galaxy S4/S5 devices? Or why we cant have Samsung TW OS on HTC M8? You blame Xiaomi? Blame Samsung for example. If I have Samsung S4 and love Sense 6 they why I cant install it on my device?
If I want true Sense 6 experience I have to buy HTC M8 device. Thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.