MULTI 5.1.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'd like to know if this rom includes the chinese ringtones database. I'm stuck on 5.1.9 with my MI4 because I don't like screen wake on notifications, but i will upgrade if I know that I can get back the chinese sounds.

there is no sense to keep MIUIv6 SE live when official v6 will be released... well.. hope for less bugs... but all our tools will be broken by 5.0... so a lot of work is waiting for us...
I just want a stable/dev non-SE version of v6 for Mi2s, hope that will happen sometime soon?

Cannot change wallpaper in this version. When I select a picture from the gallery it says: can't apply wallpaper. Changing lock screen doesn't give problems.
And phone crashes a lot when using stock browser, phone automatically reboots.

No other issues found.

Mi2A

there is no sense to keep MIUIv6 SE live when official v6 will be released... well.. hope for less bugs... but all our tools will be broken by 5.0... so a lot of work is waiting for us...

This is pretty good news! Official MIUI6 release based on Android 5.0. for Mi2S! Finally!!! It is better as I thought!

MIUI6 / Mi2S

when i used mi2 there was beta testfor miui 6 KK for mi3 and mi4, now i have mi4 there's beta test for official Lollipop miui 6 on mi2...uhma..that's strange

This update broke my standard camera app.
It just says: Can't connect to camera. Try rebooting.
I use dutch.

NVM: rebooting works!

Hi, I have a problem with: " I browse the play store, using my mobile data network, then the play store always asks me if I want to download the app over wifi because it is a very large app. Whether I tick or untick the box to use WiFi for the download, doesnt matter, the result stays the same, my phone waits for a wifi connection.
I tried it all...
Is there a solution for it?

I downloaded and installed this ROM on my MI2. Everything seems to work fine except WLAN. WLAN doesnt turn on and in the Network setting page, I can see it says Turning on. and all the tabs are disabled. SO basically WLAN icon doesnt work. I think its a bug, which should be looked upon at the earliest.

If you guys know a work around for this problem, please do let me know.
Thank you in advance

I downloaded and installed this ROM on my MI2. Everything seems to work fine except WLAN. WLAN doesnt turn on and in the Network setting page, I can see it says Turning on. and all the tabs are disabled. SO basically WLAN icon doesnt work. I think its a bug, which should be looked upon at the earliest.

If you guys know a work around for this problem, please do let me know.
Thank you in advance
It is typical user error, that caused by your incorrect ROM install method.

Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6

It is typical user error, that caused by your incorrect ROM install method.

Could you please tell how to install it?

What I did was,
1. Downloaded the ROM.
2. Renamed it to update.zip. placed it in the main folder
3. Started the phone in recovery mode
4. wiped cache and installed it to system one.

If theres anything else i need to do please lemme know

Could you please tell how to install it?

What I did was,
1. Downloaded the ROM.
2. Renamed it to update.zip. placed it in the main folder
3. Started the phone in recovery mode
4. wiped cache and installed it to system one.

If theres anything else i need to do please lemme know
Yeah, it is typical...MIU6 is not compatible with CWM recovery by M1cha (not supported).
Here is the right method, as you can see on first post by Ingbrzy :

"For first installation of Mi2S v6 SPECIAL EDITION
- Install v6 via MiFlash (flash_all) - image
- Then install our multilang via Updater app like usually"

when i used mi2 there was beta testfor miui 6 KK for mi3 and mi4, now i have mi4 there's beta test for official Lollipop miui 6 on mi2...uhma..that's strange
Mi4 has different update path. The rom might be already exists and also they don't need extra beta testers.

Wysłane z MI4

Reactions: brigio345
Yeah, it is typical...MIU6 is not compatible with CWM recovery by M1cha (not supported).
Here is the right method, as you can see on first post by Ingbrzy :

"For first installation of Mi2S v6 SPECIAL EDITION
- Install v6 via MiFlash (flash_all) - image
- Then install our multilang via Updater app like usually"

Thank you.. I didnt read it at first. My bad.
So now, I have to download the MiFlash and install the ROM using MiFlash? Also MiFlash image is 400Mb. Should I download it first?

I searched in this forum, didnt find MiFlash.

Mi4 has different update path. The rom might be already exists and also they don't need extra beta testers.

Wysłane z MI4

oh ok.
What i can say is that mi4w going great and new update of miui 6 are very good, battery is amazing
May i ask if it's better (concerning battery) if it's better to put option "keep wi fi active - Always" or "when connected"?

Thanks.. I downloaded it.

I dont seem to understand how to flash.
I didnt get fastboot folder too. Please help me flash it

Here is the MIUI6 5.1.23 fastboot release for Mi2S:

http://bigota.d.miui.com/5.1.23/aries_beta_images_5.1.23_4.4_cn_9a375fa3af.tgz

0. make backup of your phone if necessary
1. Download fastboot ROM to PC and unzip it.
2. Install MiFlash on PC, run as Admin
3. Start Mi2S in Fastboot mode (switch on the phone by press and hold the volume down and power buttons at the same time)
4. connect phone to PC using data cable, and click refresh in MiFlash to detect the phone
5. Browse the unpacked fastboot folder from MiFlash and switch to advanced mode and browse the requested files one by one. For Fastboot Script: browse flash_all.bat file. For NvBoot Script: Leave it on default value. The others are obviously!
6. Click flash (it will take a while untill completed)--> Yow will lose all of your data from your phone, including SD. Make sure first you have backup if necessary!
7. Install Mulilang ROM via updater app

Last edited:
Reactions: thaimax
Here is the MIUI6 5.1.23 fastboot release for Mi2S:

http://bigota.d.miui.com/5.1.23/aries_beta_images_5.1.23_4.4_cn_9a375fa3af.tgz

1. Download fastboot ROM to PC and unzip it.
2. Install MiFlash on PC, run as Admin
3. Start Mi2S in Fastboot mode (switch on the phone by press and hold the volume down and power buttons at the same time)
4. connect phone to PC using data cable, and click refresh in MiFlash to detect the phone
5. Browse the unpacked fastboot folder from MiFlash and switch to advanced mode and browse the requested files one by one. For Fastboot Script: browse flash_all.bat file. For NvBoot Script: Leave it on default value. The others are obviously!
6. Click flash (it will take a while untill completed)--> Yow will lose all of your data from your phone, including SD. Make sure first you have backup if necessary!
7. Install Mulilang ROM via updater app

It says the operation is completed in couple of seconds. And the phone doesnt reboot at all.

Some mistake am doing. I dunno where. :(

So, vibration of the touch buttons changed, am I right? Is this like the screenlock sounds and can't be changed by us users?
Mi3w, it changed from one pulse when pressing to one for pressing and one for releasing.

Hi, do you have plans to release multilang ROM for the new Redmi Note WCDMA MIUI Stable Version (China) JHDCNBL39.0? I think it will be last MIUI v5 release.

Here's the changelog:

[Highlights]
New - 'Ignore data usage' option added to make data statistics more accurate (08-27)
New - Support blocking calls/messages from marked numbers (fraud/tele-marking etc.) (09-10)

[Contacts]
Fix - Sometimes, failed to sync contacts data (09-04)
Fix - Error when importing contacts in Lite Mode (05-05)

[Messages]
Fix - App might FC when using big font (09-24)

[Settings]
Optimization - Settings menu of Security (12-26)
Fix - FC when pressing Status in About phone (12-31)

Optimization - Mails integration in non-Chinese context (09-02)
Fix - Time display error in mails list (09-02)
Fix - Sometimes, log into more than one accounts would cause FC (09-02)
Fix - Downloaded attachments displayed as 0B when forwarding mails (09-02)
Fix - IMAP accounts' sync frequency could not be set as never (09-02)
Fix - Attachments number display wrongly when attachments reached the maximum number (09-02)
Fix - Sometimes, app would FC in entering after changing system language (09-02)
Fix - Meetings time displayed wrongly when viewing in Calendar (09-02)

[Calendar]
Fix - Could not set events created from messages to whole day (09-02)

[Data Usage]
Fix - Sometimes, daily saved data displayed wrongly (10-10)

[Blocklist]
New - Support copying the content of blocked messages (08-20)
New - Support marking all blocked messages as Read (09-09)
New - Support blocking calls/messages from marked numbers (fraud/tele-marking etc.) (09-09)
New - Set notification messages blocking rules separately in blocklist settings (10-22)

[Clock / Calculator]
Fix - Clock volume could not go back to normal after setting phone to vibrate mode (08-22)
Fix - Sometimes failed to set regular ringtones (12-26)

[Security]
New - Data usage exception list (08-25)

I have a problem i can't use the slider for the brightness in the status bar.
I can't be changed totally, so I have to use auto brightness.
Is this something that's already know?
Nobody??????
I did see I am not the only one.
Even went back the the last version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.