[ALL] MIUI aosp elements redux

Discussion in 'Theme Releases' started by sampson, Nov 14, 2010.

1. sampson

sampson Members

MIUI without the gaudy icons! I am contemplating if I want to also include service icons but haven't decided yet. My last theme was a PITA to keep up with MIUI due to the fact that they change things so much weekly... We'll see. Only thing modified as of right now are the actual icons of programs.

This is for v0.11.19. This is to be used as a custom theme with the built in engine of MIUI
    http://www.mediafire.com/?g6u2pu4rdvwc8qv

v0.7 redux
    +now uses MIUI's own theming system!
    +shamelessly stole some icons from the MIUI cartoon theme

v0.7
    +added most service icons
    -battery has to stay the same - MIUI has a goofy way it handles drawing the battery :(

v0.5 - initial release
    +changed icons on launcher to AOSP icons
    +removed background of apps in launcher
  2. Google Adsense

3. sampson

sampson Members

4. sampson

sampson Members

reserved for later use
  5. Scottndville

Scottndville Members

So you are sam spoon?

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  6. sampson

sampson Members

That would be correct!
  7. Scottndville

Scottndville Members

Well glad your here man. I loved your theme. I've seen a few requests for disable scrolling on wallpaper like in the ios theme. I like the feature myself and have only seen you doing it.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  8. sampson

sampson Members

Eventually I'll post in that request about how to theme with all the little tricks I've done so people can do them as well as figure their own out. I'm kinda busy with work and life at the moment so it's hard to find time.
  9. ebesbris

ebesbris Members

Can someone do this using the Samsung Galaxy S icons please. I tried changing the icons manually but it did not work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  10. sampson

sampson Members

AOSP now with service icons...for the most part :(

I can change the charging battery animation fine but the actual battery icon when unplugged can't be changed easily.
  11. arjen888

arjen888 Members

is this working on a desire with basic MIUI
  12. ebesbris

ebesbris Members

Is it possible to include colored notification icons for SMS, Email, GMail, etc?
  13. stephobark

stephobark Members

Do you still need to flash the zip with the new miui theming? or what?

Edit: nevermind. Figured it out myself.
  14. Lightning N1

Lightning N1 <b>Forum Donator</b>

Trying this on Nexus through the theme area of settings, seems to work well.
    Thank you for this clean look, not crazy about the MIUI icons anyway.
  15. sampson

sampson Members

If you can give me some examples so I know what you're talking about yeah.. Pretty much everything but the battery can be revered as far as service icons.
  16. Rcocchiararo

Rcocchiararo <b>Forum Donator</b>

i liked the MIUI service icons over yours :p

i guess its easy to remove them tho, right ?

will have a look later
  17. sampson

sampson Members

Yeah just unzip my theme, delete the folder drawable-hdpi in framework/res and then zip it back up. Also reuploaded the theme this morning - I had a lingering file that shouldn't have been there causing regular icons to get a portion snipped off.
  18. johanove

johanove Members

I really appreciate your work and I have been looking for this for a while now! But I would really like the standard MIUI service icons (NOT the app icons) so I tried removing the drawable-hdpi in framework/res and zipping it back up but its not working to well. It doesnt show any info about the theme in the theme manager either. What am I doing wrong?! Doesnt make any sense to me... :(

(also tried replacing the folder with folders from other themes but I get the same result)

EDIT: I deleted the folder straight from the .zip without unpacking it first and it works! :). I guess I did something wrong when zipping it back up again... don't know what tho.
  19. globiboulga

globiboulga Members

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!

At last I can use this rom without feeling like I'm trying to pretend to be as cool as the iPhone crowd! THANK YOU.
  20. djsolidsnake86

djsolidsnake86 Members

any new version? the weight and height are the same of standard android icons?
  21. djsolidsnake86

djsolidsnake86 Members

how install? won't import in themes

Share Our Site