Arabic and Persian RTL Fix - 30-10-2011 HUGE UPDATE!!

What is your favourite patching method?

• Total voters
I updated to the new rtl gix 1.6.3 and still the gmail and the browser is not showing corect arabic rtl

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I had the same problem when I updated in 1.5.20 and 1.5.27. I decided to abandon until the RTL is supported naturally in MIUI or is improved.

I had the same problem when I updated in 1.5.20 and 1.5.27. I decided to abandon until the RTL is supported naturally in MIUI or is improved.

Sorry to hear that, but nothing can be done until MIUI source code is available...

it is really a wonderful support for arabic language thanks alot...

i tried to change the arabic font to Arabic froyo font using root explorer as usual but didn't work!
any help for that?

Arabic Font

Thanks for your support and the great commitment for the weekly update

Can you please use the attached font instead of the one you are using next time.

Also let me know if you did anything for Arabic T9 dialing.

Attachments

• Pocket_Rocket_Complete_Aljazeera_Font_v1.2.zip
    70.7 KB · Views: 197
Thanks for your support and the great commitment for the weekly update

Can you please use the attached font instead of the one you are using next time.

Also let me know if you did anything for Arabic T9 dialing.

I prefer to keep the fonts I'm using now because both Arabic and Persian users are happy with it. I can make, if you want, a Theme including this fonts.

Regarding the T9..... Will be sooner than you think!!

can you please tell me how to change the Arabic Font?
i want the original Froyo Font

Edit: i made it

If you'd like me to prepare some themes with custom fonts, please send them to me and I'll prepare them.

That will be great
Can you use the following:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16440918/Arabic Fonts.zip

Thanks for your effort
I'll do that tomorrow

Do you have any idea, how to add Arabic letters to the "scroll by letter" in contacts ?

sure, just edit the string below with the Arabic alphabet and you'll need to edit the attached PNGs.
when everything is ready i'll compile a script that'll do everything automatically from recovery.

Code:
 <string name="fast_scroll_alphabet">\#ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ</string>

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13432366/Contacts.zip

I'll do that tomorrow

sure, just edit the string below with the Arabic alphabet and you'll need to edit the attached PNGs.
when everything is ready i'll compile a script that'll do everything automatically from recovery.

Code:
 <string name="fast_scroll_alphabet">\#ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ</string>

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13432366/Contacts.zip

Can I keep both Arabic and English letters in all. (Dual langauge)

Can I keep both Arabic and English letters in all. (Dual langauge)

Basically, you can, but then you'll have to edit the PNGs to to have both English and Arabic and IMO that'll be too tight.
Let me explain you how it works:
You have the scrollbar drawables that they are just pictures and then the string that is actually the one that searches though the contacts, so if for example it has 50 characters (ENG + AR) when you are in the middle of the dragging (letter Z lets say) it'll be in the middle of the scrollbar.
Bottom line, you can have ENG + AR string with ENG only or AR only scrollbar, but they just wont match while dragging. A workaround could be editing the scrollbars to have every second letter ie. ACEGI....Z and then the Arabic letters with the same pattern so the dragging will match and the letters will fit in a reasonable size.

Dear roenano,

My phone Nexus S ..

I have a problem in the Arabic language, they appear sporadic.

Please help me,
Regards

Dear roenano,

My phone Nexus S ..

I have a problem in the Arabic language, they appear sporadic.

Please help me,
Regards

Have you mounted "system" manually before applying the patch?

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Basically, you can, but then you'll have to edit the PNGs to to have both English and Arabic and IMO that'll be too tight.
Let me explain you how it works:
You have the scrollbar drawables that they are just pictures and then the string that is actually the one that searches though the contacts, so if for example it has 50 characters (ENG + AR) when you are in the middle of the dragging (letter Z lets say) it'll be in the middle of the scrollbar.
Bottom line, you can have ENG + AR string with ENG only or AR only scrollbar, but they just wont match while dragging. A workaround could be editing the scrollbars to have every second letter ie. ACEGI....Z and then the Arabic letters with the same pattern so the dragging will match and the letters will fit in a reasonable size.

I only want the dual language in Dialpad, I will work to put both Arabic and English letters in the dialer.
I agree with you it will not be practical to but both in fast scrol, I will keep Arabic only there.

Dear , now arabic language Good ..

but , Browser + Gmail shows the letters upside down.

Please help me,
thank you

Hi,
There is not update for MCGv7 (1.6.17) !!!

Please teach us how you do it.

a 'How to' please...
I know how to change battery icon to %step and CRT effect and ... Please teach how to make this update.zip for Arabic support in MIUI.

Thanks..

NEW: Arabic and Persian T9 Dialer!!!!
It will add the function of searching for Arabic or Persian characters (in addition to english) on dialer.
This is just a test, so DO a nandroid backup before flashing it.
In order to activate it (after flashing it and booting the phone) change your locale to any other else, wait 1-2 mins, go to dilaer and it should work, then go back to your favorite locale.
**The Arabic/Persian characters will not appear in the dialpad, for that to happen I need one of you to edit the PNG below. Once is done I will make a Theme including it for easy installation.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13432366/dialer_buttons.png

Arabic:
miui-1.6.17_Arabic.RTLFix-T9.zip

Persian:
miui-1.6.17_Persian.RTLFix-T9-V2.zip
*Please update to V2 as there was a small mistake in the original version.