HTC assert failed: getprop('ro.product.device') =="bravo"

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by rajesh1108, Feb 14, 2011.

1. rajesh1108

rajesh1108 Members

Hi, i'm trying to flash a miui rom but it's giving the below error:

assert failed: getprop('ro.product.device') =="bravo"
    E:Error in /sdcard/Pays Desire gmiui.zip
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted.

I have try different miui rom but all of them is giving me this error. Long time ago i had install one and it was ok. Last week i had a usb bricked. I have follow the thread in XDA forum and was able to unbrick my desire. But now i can't install any miui rom. Pls can someone advice me what can be done.

HTC Desire
    Rom: RCMixHD v3.0
    baseband version: 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2
  2. Google Adsense

3. iinga

iinga Members

What zip are you trying to flash?
    USB brick should affect what device yours is being registered as.
  4. rajesh1108

rajesh1108 Members

I Have try different miui zip rom but none of them work. My device is desire gsm. I have downloaded miui rom for desire gsm(miui-desire-1.1.26-deodexed_EN_v1.1-signed.zip ) but the same error. My phone is already rooted before having the usb brick. Do you think i have to re-root the phone so that i can install miui rom?
  5. ayk33

ayk33 Members

try to reroot your phone. i had problem like yours while flashing some miui roms but after xavierjohn22's advice, i made partition of sdcard with gparted and now it's all fine here and i can flash any miui rom. my desire is on the left side of highway now :D
  6. rajesh1108

rajesh1108 Members

Thks. I will try to reroot the phone and see finger cross everything will be fine.
  7. desiterp

desiterp Members

Unzip the file.
    Search for install.sh
    Find the line in the above file.
    comment the line in the code.
    Zip the folder again.
    Install.

DISCLAIMER: Bypassing test cases might ruin your phone. Do this only if you are very sure you have downloaded the correct ROM.
  8. rajesh1108

rajesh1108 Members

Hi i have downloaded MIUI_XJ_D2W_1.2.11_x2 rom. I have unzip it and search for install.sh. But couldn't find any file with that extension. Can u tell where should i look for the file.

Thks
  9. desiterp

desiterp Members

When you unzip the ROM, you will probably see two folders
    * META-INF
    * system

goto system folder and open build.prop in any text editor. You SHOULD have a property as ro.product.device=SOMEVALUE

now goto META-INF ---> google ---> android and open update-script in a text editor. This file should also contain a line
    assert(getprop(ro.product.device)=="SOMEVALUE")

Both the values in the above two files should match. This is a compulsion for the installation to proceed. If they don't and you are sure, you have the correct ROM then you might want to manipulate the values. May be you can make copy the value from the 2nd file and paste in the first.

Zip the files again in the same hierarchy. You should be good to go.
  10. rajesh1108

rajesh1108 Members

Hi i have gone through your guide and have check both files you have mention and strange that both are the same that is ro.product.device=bravo. But why this is not working on my phone. Do you think i need a reroot
  11. desiterp

desiterp Members

Yes. Rerooting might help. I am guessing your device is not registered as it should be.
  12. rajesh1108

rajesh1108 Members

Thks a lot . Will give it a try and will post the outcome here.
  13. rajesh1108

rajesh1108 Members

i have try to reroot using unrevoked. The first time i ran it it says This was a triump. After which it says failed to unlock nand flash. I re ran it a second time but this time it give me :faile to get root. Is your firmware too new. I did a search through google and it says that you have to do a factory reset before flashing. I did a factory reset and run unrevoked a third time but it still give the : failed to get root........Is your firmware too new> Any ideas?
  14. desiterp

desiterp Members

Factory reset just wipes data. It does not have anything to do with flashing. May be u post logcat from your device. Might help to debug and find the problem.
  15. rajesh1108

rajesh1108 Members

Hi Thanks a lot for all your help. In fact i was able to re root my phone using unrevoked. As i had Hboot 0.93 and s-off. I have downgraded the hboot to 0.83 and then root the phone. Thks a lot for all ur help.
  16. amjadfirst

amjadfirst Members

probably a bit late for the discussion, but I just had the same problem on my nexus s... the issue i believe is in the version of the recovery ur using.. somehow i ended up flashing the old version which gave me the errors you got, but then i got the idea of flashing the new recovery and that worked out just fine.. everything installs correctly and now i'm back to miui successfully

Share Our Site