Samsung Battery and Phone Heat up and phone charger very slowly

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by Anup Patil, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Anup Patil

Anup Patil Members

today i kept my phone for charging and realised it was hot and had charged on 4% in like 1 and half hour im on MIUI 2.6.16 please help. thank you
  2. Google Adsense

3. Casterina

Casterina Members

If you have the stock kernel installed try using Siyah Kernel.
    If you have a custom kernel installed, then change it. Most of these issues are kernel related
  4. boxcarracer81

boxcarracer81 Members

Still on siyah kernel? Are you on ondemand governor?
  5. dhanaiahk

dhanaiahk Members

6. williamsmithh

williamsmithh Members

This might be your internal phone problem.
  7. Kahjo

Kahjo Members

Got this aswell, did backup and factory reset. After factory reset it was back to normal, and then again when i restored the apps it was present again. Currently still trying to find a proper fix to it, but im suspecting K9-Mail could be the reason for it, might be something else though.

And actually, my phone was discharging while charging.. and ofc, getting very hot.
  8. freshman

freshman Members

I have the same problem ... also with Miui 2.7.6 ... When this battery drain occours, the rf chip became hot (and so the battery) and the charging was ineffective. Swichted to cm9 or stock, this problem not occours. But i like miui ...
  9. bjoernbertelsen

bjoernbertelsen Members

Have the same problem. Sometimes when I charge the phone, I can't use the phone at the same time, because I risk decharging it. Also it gets freaking hot (like ouch, I can't touch it). It also gets hot when I'm not charging it. Sometimes I actually have to remove it from pocket because it burns my leg.

Have anybody found a solution?

My problem has been there ever since I updated to MIUI 2.7.6 (from a much older version). I didn't update the kernel when I flashed to the new MIUI version - so it's probably not the kernel, is it?

Will update 2.7.7 tonight, along with latest Siyah kernel 3.5.2, I'll post here if it had any improvements.
  10. idoleng

idoleng Members

Already tried that last night. Tried 3 siyah kernels and xkernel(default packaged kernels). Full wiped. But same hot charging. almost same temperature when playing games.
  11. bjoernbertelsen

bjoernbertelsen Members

Haven't had any problems with heat during charging and heavy use so far, after one day of use. Updated to latest MIUI rom and Siyah 3.5.2. I'm not sure the problem is gone for good though, based on the very short time of testing so far.
  12. murb

murb Members

hey,
    i´ve got the same problem. Im not sure when it ocurred first, but its around a month, maybe also 2.7.6 . the phone is recharging very slow and its always hot. while charging and while using nearly any program. the battery drain is enormous.

any solutions for that. i´m also using the latest syriah kernel.
  13. westman

westman Members

Same problem now on i9100 with miui 3.1.25 . It gets very hot when charging and sometimes it s not charging at all but decreasing the battery. I think it s some uncompatibility problem between some apps and miui rom . Maybe the NOLED app that i use . I ll try different settings , maybe i ll find the problem ...
  14. boxcarracer81

boxcarracer81 Members

15. banpreet kaur

banpreet kaur Members

this can b phones internal problem .....
  16. ali.stationwala

ali.stationwala Members

This is definitely not a phone problem. I am having the same issue. It was horrible in my case, so much so that I was fearing a hardware damage.

I did a complete wipe by first installing Siyah and then installing SuperNexus ROM to check if it is OS or Hardware.
    Turns out there was no problem With SuperNexus 2.

Next I reinstalled MIUI and it worked fine, then I installed Gapps and All my apps, and again the problem is back. My bet will be on some issue with Modem, one of the apps or sync.

And btw I am not using the default theme (I have the Batman Theme)

Will test some other theme and report if that made any difference.
  17. westman

westman Members

I ve tried all the solutions from here and nothing ... . Same problem with charging. I ve flashed asnet miui now and also same problem. This is only on miui based roms . With any other rom everything is ok . No "hot" charging. But i like miui and i don t know how to solve this bug.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  18. westman

westman Members

I ve tried several kernels including syiah 4.1.5 and 5.0.1 , and not resolved the problem. Now i m on stock miui again
  19. -Phoenix

-Phoenix Members

Same problem here, seems not a kernel issue.
    Very annoying, since overheat leads to dead battery eventually.
  20. my9999

my9999 Members

Change the default lockscreen. Problem solved.

Its a known bug
  21. -Phoenix

-Phoenix Members

Hm, interesting. Thanks!
    So, is the default '4-way' lockscreen bugged, or do I need just to change it back and forth?

Share Our Site