New Battery life SGSII rom 2.5.18

oyvinja

Members
Feb 10, 2012
I noticed that after installing 2.5.18, my battery life was severely worse than before. When installed, my battery capacity was at 80%. 9 hours later (most of which was idle), it was down to 18%, decreasing to 16% while i was watching it. However, the really freaky thing was when I connected it to a charger. It said "charging", but continued to go down! By the time I came to 14%, I felt I had no choice but to revert to 2.5.11, as I was unsure what would happen if it was completely discharged, and unable to accept charge.

Hmm can also be a battery (hardware) issue ?
im at 68% and 10h36m since charge also most if it is idle time.

i agree with oyvinga. v2.5.18 does drain the battery a bit faster during normal usage, especially duing internet usage as compaired to prev versions.
i dunno may b due to new transitions added(which r really cool, miui feels soo much more better n cooler :D). or something else?

we would need some expert advice, please. :)

i am also facing the battery issue after new update of 2.5.18..
the battery seems to drain very fast and is also charging slower than before
otherwise this is the best rom that i have ever installed...pls fix the battery issues

Hmm can also be a battery (hardware) issue ?
im at 68% and 10h36m since charge also most if it is idle time.

It could be, but reverting to an earlier rom fixed the problem, I've had no unusual battery drain since I went back to 2.5.11. So I think I'm staying with that rom until this friday.

I installed 2.5.18 with full wipe.
No battery drain.
On third recharge cycle, it is giving really very good battery timing.