TEST

Bug / feature list

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by Chilling_Silence, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Chilling_Silence

Chilling_Silence MIUI Android Staff

So after some brief usage, here's some things I've noticed. Not all are *bugs* as such, but suggestions too:
    • Lockscreen has some non-english writing still
    • Lockscreen shows a smaller background in the top-left and the current background in the rest
    • In-call screen background is the one from the lockscreen top-left, however full-sized
    • Default browser uses Baidu for search (Please can we have Google?). Could replace default with Chrome perhaps even?
    • Under the Status Bar Settings the "expanded notification view" two lines aren't capitalized
    • The "Recommended" folder starts empty?
    • Google+ not installed like it is in the official ICS for Galaxy Nexus (Not a biggy, just something I noticed)
    • Without having used MIUI for a couple of weeks now, I like that the non-Gtalk chat isn't there, unsure if it's like that for all of them but when I last used it in January on my i9000 I didn't like it. Still, ICS can 'freeze' apps and hide them so it's less of an issue, though I've not seen how to do that in MIUI...
    • "Recommended" tab under SMS messaging. Not in English at all, worth removing?
    • Music App means I can't access Google Music. Kinda sucks coz I had *none* local on my phone to test with, but not the end of the world I suppose :-/ Google Music can't be installed from the Play Store, unlike G+.
    Overall though, for a ROM which has only just got 'official' support from the MIUIAndroid team this last week, I'm pretty damn impressed, and I take my hat off to ya! Good job :)
  2. Google Adsense

3. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

Did you flash the English Theme here? http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/miui-v4-new-lockscreen-theme-updated-2-3-18.15671/ (for no 1 & 2)

For the default browser, is that a setting that you can change? I'm wondering if we can just overload an XML config, but I don't yet have ICS to check if its hardcoded or a setting.

I watched Mark for about 6 hours work on that Recommended tab. Every time he removes it, it FCes when you swipe to the right. He's working on it.
  4. Chilling_Silence

Thanks for the heads up on the Theme, didn't know about that one :) I'll give that a whirl now. I see now that I thoroughly read through the post it says it was updated on the 18th... I'd ignored it previously because it was released prior to this weeks build.

The default browser can be changed, I'm going to have to pass on how though. You like the idea of Chrome over the standard Android browser?

Has Mark got himself a GN now? I thought he still had the NS?

One other thing I've noticed is that the clock app must be called something different, all the NFC tags I'd programmed around the place prior to MIUI to fire up the clock app using NFC Task Launcher no longer fire up the clock? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jwsoft.nfcactionlauncher
    I'm going to pass on knowing if it's always been this way or not. Not a biggy but something I noticed and figured I'd mention anyway :)

So far it's been great! Really appreciate all the work put in!
  5. MarkHUK

MarkHUK MIUIAndroid.com founder Staff Member

Default browser can be controlled in Settings I believe.
  6. Chilling_Silence

I've noticed Google Music is now Google Play Music do you can still install that,so tick that off the list too ;-)

One thing in today's update is there's no "Compose" button in the Messaging for SMS messages, I can only do it via the People app but that's no good if I wanna txt somebody not in my Contacts
  7. tweezydakid

tweezydakid Members

for some reason i cannot compose a sms in the messaging app.
  8. Chilling_Silence

Yeah see my previous post. I noticed that also. Perhaps a byproduct of that 3rd tab being removed?

You can still go in to the People app (Contacts), tap on the display picture for somebody and then send them a message that way. Doesn't help if they're not in your contacts though ...
  9. kazuki1111

kazuki1111 Members

Hi,

i have FC when i'm trying to switch from Camera to Video recorder.
    Anyone has this problem?
  10. Chilling_Silence

11. MarkHUK

12. MarkHUK

will look at fixing that, could you provide a log error report?
  13. Chilling_Silence

Do you get copies of the "Report MIUI" reports? They go to fc@miui....

Thanks again mate, appreciate your time :)

Code:
    app_vercode:1
    device_model:maguro
    build_version:2.3.23
    condition:1
    processName:com.android.camera
    pid:27789
    uid:10009
    tag:null
    shortMsg:java.lang.NullPointerException
    longMsg:java.lang.NullPointerException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.camera/com.android.camera.VideoCamera}: java.lang.NullPointerException
    stackTrace:java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.camera/com.android.camera.VideoCamera}: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1959)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1984)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:125)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1149)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4429)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:784)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:551)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.android.camera.IconListPreference.filterUnsupported(IconListPreference.java:95)
    at com.android.camera.CameraSettings.filterUnsupportedOptions(CameraSettings.java:269)
    at com.android.camera.CameraSettings.initPreference(CameraSettings.java:153)
    at com.android.camera.CameraSettings.getPreferenceGroup(CameraSettings.java:82)
    at com.android.camera.VideoCamera.loadCameraPreferences(VideoCamera.java:491)
    at com.android.camera.VideoCamera.initializeIndicatorControl(VideoCamera.java:514)
    at com.android.camera.VideoCamera.onCreate(VideoCamera.java:484)
    at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:4471)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1049)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1923)
    ... 11 more

full_maguro-user 4.0.3 IML74K 2.3.23 release-keys
    (Sent from MIUI user feedback)
    Also, the Mms.apk fails to install. It says:
    Go OK and it gives the permissions list. Tap Install and it then says "Application not installed".
    Do I need to replace it in the ROM .zip and then reflash ?

Attached Files:

14. MarkHUK

try a reflash yes, as for camera, that looks like an error I had, which UI does it have? Stock looking camera or the new one?
  15. Dead-I

Dead-I Members

Hi, since last weeks build for the GSM Galaxy Nexus i've had an issue that whenever i would try to use an app that required net connectivity while on my data connection it would simply not connect. The only one that seems to work is the chrome browser. I tried different kernels, radios even flashing a fresh build after doing a full wipe with no success.

The strange thing about it is that I tried the rom over at miui.us and haven't encountered the issue with their rom. Don't know if it's a setting i'm missing or just a difference in how they're compiled. I want to use the miuiandroid version cause you guys have always been on point with the bug fixes and getting updates out quickly, but this issue is a really makes the rom unusable.
  16. Chilling_Silence

@MarkHUK
    Stock camera.

@Dead-I
    Never heard of anything like that. 3G is fine here on my GSM Galaxy Nexus. What apps in particular have you tried?
  17. Dead-I

Dead-I Members

I've tried YouTube, maps, tapatalk for example. They all work properly over wifi, but refuse to connect over the data connection.
  18. ChronoRabbit

ChronoRabbit Members

Hello. Flashed MIUI a couple days ago.

There are a few things I've noticed with the latest 2.3.23 on my GNex:

• Horribly laggy when opening widget view
    • Bug with SMS App where there is no compose button. Grabbing the APK from the ROM thread fixed that though
    • The Phone/Dialler app looks as if its had all its graphics squashed down, may be a resolution issue. There are other UI elements which look slightly blurred due to either upscaling or downscaling the images
    • Issue with Chinese in the lockscreen when I first flashed. Grabbing the fix on this site solved that too.
    Other than these, its been relatively painless. I am not running any other extras like custom Kernels or anything (yet...)
  19. Chilling_Silence

What happens if you go Tools --> Downloads --> Unslide 'Download over wifi'?
  20. Dead-I

Dead-I Members

Tried that but still no luck. For example when i try to use the youtube app, i get an error saying "There was a problem starting up. Check your network connection and system time".

I know there isn't a problem with my network because it works with that other rom and i'm not sure they mean checking the system time because the clock and timezone are all set properly.
  21. tweezydakid

tweezydakid Members

Anyway to get the new camera ui and getting a 12h miui clock widget

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Share Our Site