HTC [BUGS] Official Bugs Report Thread [GB][Fresh Start]

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by bigrushdog, Mar 19, 2011.

1. bigrushdog

bigrushdog <b>Forum Donator</b>

Ok guys, this is the thread to report and discuss bugs for the new Miui GB Evo port. The previous bugs thread has been closed because 2.2 is a thing of the past. Remember, there are Miui bugz that come from the Miui developers and porting bugz that come from us. Most likely, you will be complaining about developer bugz that we can't do much about. But this is the thread to rant about it lol.

1. Unable to download from market
    Solution: Open the "downloads" app from your homescreen, hit menu, and select download using wifi network. Then hit menu again, and re-select download using mobile network.

2. The ineligible text bug (3rd party apps)
    Solution: This is due to the Chinese devs at miui.com slowly implementing the new UI.
    (using root explorer as an example)
    Go to menu - settings - programs - manage applications - root explorer
    Scroll down to "Compatibility mode" and toggle.
    This will make root explorer usable.
    This workaround may not work on all apps!
    It's annoying, yes, but it's what we have at the moment.

3. Screen flashing black/white when scrolling
    Solution: Toggle compatibility mode for that app. If it's on, turn it off. If it's off, turn it on.

4. No 720P video
    Waiting for the Chinese to implement this. Or for CM to implement this. Currently not available on any cm7 or miui supported phone.

5. Some apps force closing i.e. Engadget, Mint.com, (tried uninstalling and re installing from market)
    Solution: try running in compatibility mode, some apps are not 2.3 ready.

6. No FM Radio App
    Solution: None Yet
  2. Google Adsense

3. Mariux

Mariux Members

1) What build of MIUI are you using? 1.3.18
    2) What tweaks of your own have you done? None
    3) What kernel are you using/have you tried? Stock
    4) What is the BUG (describe in as much detail as possible)? Black background, trying to change wallpaper wont do anything
    5) How did you flash? Fresh install. I used the format all.zip found in the forum. As soon as phone booted I had no background.

(This was also posted in the last thread but since its closed I'm gonna post it here again. Hope thats ok)

EDIT: After troubleshooting some more, I deleted every MIUI related file on my SD card. This seemed to fix the problem.
  4. kilo

kilo Members

Got one. Going into editing mode by pressing menu then edit gives a launcher fc. Running savage 0.2.0 on a fresh install caulkins wipe all zip and amon 2.3 wipe all for good measure. No tweaks. No themes.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App
  5. Mariux

Mariux Members

I seem to not have that bug. I still have my no background even after another fresh install. Don't know what going on haha...
  6. bigrushdog

bigrushdog <b>Forum Donator</b>

I tried to duplicate the fc. Worked fine for me. Try reflashing. Wish I had more on it... ;/
  7. Rico.27v

Rico.27v Members

everytime i download an app on the market or fourshared it stops and pauses once it reaches 100%, it never fully finishes to download, this goes for any app i try.when i pull down my notification bar it just shows its still in the progress of downloading. i have to manually put the app on my sd card to from my computer to download any app which is really annoying and a long process. im using 1.3.18 miui and tiamat 3.3 htc evo 4g, 003 hardware
  8. vvette

vvette Members

So far so GOOD, thanks! No bugs but menu screen doesn't seem as nice as previous. Also, not sure what is different from last Miui version as all the talk about "Gingerbread" but I dont see any changes. Thanks for the hard work.
  9. stiffspliff

stiffspliff Guest

from release thread:
  10. Xtrordinaire1

Xtrordinaire1 Members

Theme manager wont open and the whole build feels sluggish and un responsive : /

But I know its a work in progress and I can't wait to get the next build cause the white text is a deal breaker

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  11. Scottndville

Scottndville Members

not a bug but didnt wanna start a new thread, where is the miui-dev forum app that's been in all the previous builds? I miss it! Great work and THANKS!!!!!
  12. stiffspliff

stiffspliff Guest

forum app is being updated :) should be available soon I think
  13. stiffspliff

stiffspliff Guest

I experience the sluggishness every now and then, but nothing too noticable. The launcher seems to not be optimized 100% yet for gingerbread (some widgets dont play nice at all)
    as for theme manager, I could not recreate your experience. what do you exactly mean by wont open? it force closes? hangs? just has no response?
  14. Xtrordinaire1

Xtrordinaire1 Members

I click the icon and it stays on a black screen
    I should hve mentioned tht I went back to cm7 cause the white text did it for me ill b waiting for the next build cause I do love miui n the direction its headed
    Thnx for ur quick response

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  15. khaid

khaid Members

Did you check the compatibility workaround for the white text? Works fine in root explorer and setcpu for me.
  16. akrito

akrito Members

I've been a MIUI user for 1 hour now, and I've only found one show-stopper: Rdio, my favorite music streamer, force closes when I try to view an album or playlist. The exception is:

java.lang.RuntimeException: <internal>: You must supply a layout_height attribute.
    at android.content.res.TypedArray.getLayoutDimension(TypedArray.java:492)
    at android.widget.ProgressBar.<init>(ProgressBar.java:189)

Here's the stack trace [github].

EDIT: Added to logcat.miui-dev.com here: http://logcat.miui-dev.com/197004
  17. EndlessDissent

EndlessDissent Members

I tried to reply to your other post earlier, but since the other thread was deleted or locked or whatever, I couldn't. I'm glad you fixed it, but you could have just rebooted. That's what I did when it happened to me.
  18. doeboy

doeboy Members

Its not really a bug but its annoying...Can we get the 4 way reboot option in this rom as well? I get tired of rebooting through terminal lol
  19. stiffspliff

stiffspliff Guest

20. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Members

Is transfering over USB dreadfully slow for anyone else? I transfered over the newest update with is around 20MB and it took 5 minutes! I hope this isnt kernel related cause this is a great kernel and was looking forward to trying out HDMI :)
  21. Xtrordinaire1

Xtrordinaire1 Members

Force closes on the messaging app any one else? I've actually had a few

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Share Our Site