HTC bugs

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by skedone, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Crazyhunk

Crazyhunk Members

That did not happen to me, i have restored like around 10 or more apps and my market has been working fine... infact I can say I have no problems with my market app... I guess I already said this but the market problem seems to be present on the rom from miuiandroid, I dont see a problem on the official rom...
  2. Jerzy

Jerzy Members

same here :(
    i install swype keyboard works fine or touch one works well too.
  3. nailerr

nailerr Members

Hey, fantastic ROM here. Initial bug finds:

1. HTC Sensation now thinks it is an XE at 1.5GHz (verified in System Panel) - Do not want! Want 1.2GHz back! My 1900mAh was barely enough for one day as it was.
    2. Two calendars - getting two times the cal alerts in the notification bar
    3. Power saver has no interface
    4. Took a fair bit of fiddling to get Market to allow downloads over Cellular network. Download had WiFi only download off by default, though the actual setting seemed to be on.
    5. In call both the main and secondary microphone are active, this is probably for noise cancelation though the secondary mic is very active. Very loud, as loud as the main one. Possibly not a bug.
    Superb otherwise. Updated every Friday right?
  4. n1kon

n1kon Members

Just flash the default kernel if you want 1.2ghz back, that's what I did as was getting soft reboots with 1.5ghz.

You may also notice that sms will only send 1 message size text or it will fail. I just replaced the mms.apk with one from HTC.

I don't have any other issues at all now its running perfectly. Oh and I installed the Rom from miui.com as miuiandroid.com Rom has issue with keyboard. Not sure if they fixed it yet.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk
  5. nailerr

nailerr Members

I've played plenty with ROMS, ADB and firmware but so far have not touched Kernels, may give that a go. The keyboard was still mashed but swapping it to Touch Input in settings was enough to tide over for now. Does the MIUI.com one also run in English?

Thanks for the kernel tip.
  6. Jerzy

Jerzy Members

7. nailerr

nailerr Members

Ok, interesting. I saw the site had English but the ROM stated Chinese as the actual language. Shall have to have a go!
  8. Jerzy

Jerzy Members

i went through few roms recently testing android 4.0 and i try miui official and unoffical release (GB and ICS), including port from xda, as far i remember there was chinese and english only, but i might be wrong... sorry if i was mistaken.
  9. Crazyhunk

Crazyhunk Members

when u install from the official site, miui.com, on first reboot, your phone will be in Chinese. As soon as hte phone starts it will give u a pop up in chinese... press the back button ad u should have english
  10. nailerr

nailerr Members

Thanks, will have a go after checking the next miuiandroid update. Good to have options!
  11. Crazyhunk

Crazyhunk Members

if the above does not work(in some cases it wont, though it works for me), click setting icon, and scroll down till u see an icon with an 'a' on it and select the first option and u can select English from there, restart to apply on the whole
  12. nailerr

nailerr Members

--answered my own question
  13. tungst5n

tungst5n Members

after I reboot, it repeatedly makes duplicates of the Google Music icon and the GOSMSPro icon.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  14. kpjimmy

kpjimmy Members

Bug on 2.4.6. Running no kernels other than the bundled one in the rom. Clean wipe and flash from previous build...
    Phone display does not turn off automatically in this update. Not sure if there was an updated version of the rom after I downloaded it Saturday. I shall try to reinstall again.
  15. Crazyhunk

Crazyhunk Members

I don't seem to have this problem... may be something from your end...
    2.4.6 is really smooth...
  16. kpjimmy

kpjimmy Members

Ok re-downloaded the rom and reflashed over existing build. That seemed to work.
  17. djkidy123

djkidy123 Members

Bug in themeing the MIUI, can't change color orange to other colorr in theme like blue...
    Try to download other theme with or only status bar theme and can't change it, any help here or is it just a bug??!
  18. Crazyhunk

Crazyhunk Members

themes are not fully supported yet in ICS build's, these are known bugs / have to do's
  19. dwcasey

dwcasey Members

For duplicate calendar entries, download something like Root Uninstaller and then locate the two calendar apps. Calendar.apk can be disabled/frozen.

Theming issues I have seen fixed on other MIUI ROMs by creating a /data/system/theme folder. /data/system already exist, you need to create a theme ( not themes ) folder below /data/system . You will need to use something like Root Explorer that you will grant root access or Yaffs is another file explorer than can create folders on the phone.
  20. Crazyhunk

Crazyhunk Members

yes dwcasey, that does work if it is based on an AOSP rom, since this build is based on a sense rom, most prolly it will not work..

anyway will try, Thank you

Share Our Site