TEST

Built In Device Encryption? MIUI V4 2.5.11

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by Vertana, May 12, 2012.

1. Vertana

Vertana Members

Does anybody know if the device encryption built into ICS will work with MIUI V4 on the GNEX (Toro specifically)? I tried to test the full device encryption today after updating to 2.5.11 and when the phone boots into the Green Android screen (where it should report the progress of the encryption)... it just reboots the phone immediately after the Android shows up and boots into MIUI. Is this something that works for other people? I'm looking for any suggestions that might fix this or even just a confirmation that this is either a bug (known or unknown). I just made a nandroid backup, so I'm willing to try anything to get this to work.

Also, while I'm at it, this is a fantastic ROM and I'm really excited about being able to use the official updater. I came from MIUI.us and haven't looked back yet. I love it. Thanks for all you guys do!
  2. Google Adsense

3. Vertana

Vertana Members

I had to wipe the phone entirely, reflash my ROM, fizx permissions and then encrypt. Then I put my sdcard stuff back onto the card (back it up on pc first).

On order to update the ROM, you must adb push the zip onto /system and then put the updater-script and update-binary from the zip onto sdcard. Set script and binary to executable then manually run it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  4. David Tr

David Tr Members

I'm having the same problem with SGS2 i9100.

Vertana, did you follow a howto on the web when you did it? I'm not sure I am following which update-script and updater-binary you used, how you used adb to push what/where.
  5. Vertana

Vertana Members

I'll write up a small guide and post the URL here when I'm done. You're right, I searched the Internet and didn't find anything substantial.
  6. Vertana

Vertana Members

7. David Tr

David Tr Members

Great writeup, thanks! :)

It definitely helped me understand the android layers better.
  8. Vertana

Vertana Members

Glad to hear it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Share Our Site