HTC China Clone of HTC Sensation

Discussion in 'Other Devices' started by GIGO77, May 21, 2012.

1. GIGO77

GIGO77 Members

Hi. I dont know if this is the appropriate thread, but here goes!

I recently bought a phone that came with a Gingerbread miui rom from nov of 11' so I "updated" it with :
    HTC_Europe_1.29.401.7-1.28.401.9_release_259295wbmgoi0p47wgsfl6; which was, I thought, another miui rom.
    Now, no matter what I do, when I try to flash a new ROM i get an invalid OTA package message; or a failed to verify whole-file signature. What do I do? The phone has been partially updated and never gets out of the "loading" phase. So I cant access "check the debugging mode" or anything. I can only boot into recovery mode.The recovery page looks like this:
    Android sytem recovery <3>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now
    apply update from sdcard
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    backup user data
    restore user data

Phone Specs:
    STAR A3 Android 2.3.5 MT6573(650MHz) unlocked GSM,WCDMA
    Any thoughts? Thanks.

P.S. Here is a link with detailed specs:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/101768/ ... WiFi-.html
  2. Google Adsense

3. rafyvitto

rafyvitto HTC Amaze Developer

If its a clone dont bother using htc ruu's on it they wont work, or htc sensation or anything related to qsd86xx, go to the manufactures forum(if any) and try to find the stock rom upgrade software(if any), and judging by the fact that its a chinese knock off, you will most likely be out of luck and find nothing.
  4. bugmenot2

bugmenot2 Members

hahahhaha
  5. Acid

Acid Scripting Ninja Staff Member

Why did you install HTC software onto this ... phone? There's no word "Sensation" in model name. Its Star A3. Theres not HTC logo, no beats...etc. Why did you think its Sensation?

Share Our Site