[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

thanks,
I was hoping this for a long time ^^
Is it touch recovery ? I guess not, Koushik Dutta did not put the sources on github... maybe he'll if we ask him
or he may merge your changes into a touch recovery for MI2 ;)

indeed the phone has only ONE data partition
but i installed Lennox OS 3.2.11 (you can find it there : http://www.miuiaustralia.com/?p=937 ) on partition 1
and MIUI 3.2.22 on partition 2

and both are working. I though that mi MIUI apps would appear on the Lennox OS .... but no they did not... don't know how he managed it, but it is a real dualboot ;)

he uses hacks for /system/etc/mount-ext4.sh to bind-mount subfolders to /data.
I'm planning to implement this in recovery but it's hard to force updater-scripts using bind mount. Maybe need a kernel-hack.

And no it's not touchrecovery :)

Can any one of you give me step by step instruction even for backup.thanks

After install cwm recovery. turn off m2
enter cwm by press volume up and power button
select backup and restore>backup>
select which system you want to backup
system 1, system 2, or both as combine

to see backup file, turn on m2 go to file manager or RE sdcard/clockworkmod/backup

Furthermore you shouldn't use the feature of MIUI-Updater app which lets you install during running system. Otherwise you'll have to reinstall CWM after every update.

M1cha, this is the way for back to stock recovery?

After installation system2 has no wifi connection on any rom.
System1 one rom ok.
Please check somebody.

Just used this. Very good work.

Worked wonders with communicating via adb in recovery, so I could dump images and what not.

Worked wonders with communicating via adb in recovery, so I could dump images and what not.
Please note, that CWM hacks around in /dev so if you mount or flash system or boot manually you can't be sure which partition it is without checking major/minor numbers.
If you just started CWM and did not do anything there are no hacks active and you can do whatever you want.

hi guys, will this allow me to delete 1 of the partition and maybe resize the 4gb i have for apps? :O
thanks

I guess my question was stupid and you can't mount the internal sd? Anyway it works really well with adb commands so no problem :) Again thank you for bringing this to mi2:)

well i don't know if it brings something, but i tried to contact Koush on g+ sending him the link to your source, and asked him if he may put a touch recovery for MI2 ;)

unfortunately there was no reaction (he may have no time... as he's currently working on his superuser tool (that worked well with the MI2 ^^ )

recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.8-aries-20130222-signed.zip
renamed to update.zip on the home
rebooted to mi-recovery, install update.zip to systemOne

--> update.zip signature verification failed

(system one has miui v5 3.3.1)