Cm11- suddenly no mic and earpiece is working

e-r-a-n

Members
Jan 4, 2013
It's like I'm on mute without volume, can't hear and cannot be heard.
But I have sound when I play something not a voice call.
It happened to me yesterday and eventually it sorted out, but now it happened again and I don't know what to do.
Tried to wipe cache and multiple reboots but it didn't change anything.

Any ideas what i should do?

What kind of repair can be done exactly?
There is no serious labs in my country anyway :-\

XperianPro: in what sense do you think it is a hw failure? I'd like to hear an explanation from such an expert...

To Eran: it is not a hw failure, this sudden issue has been reported by some who also run CM11 on mi2s. You can google it, but a "culprit" hasn't been found yet. It may be related to the system update.

It's not a hardware failure, I have the same issue and others like us. It's something related to cm11

Inviato dal mio D5803 utilizzando Tapatalk

I never had this problem,and if you are sure others have it why are you reposting it here?

As far as I understand from the link proposed here, There's no solution.
Im with stable version. Is there any reason to try the nighly?

It's not a hardware failure, I have the same issue and others like us. It's something related to cm11

Inviato dal mio D5803 utilizzando Tapatalk
It's not CM11 related as i have the same issue with pacrom-rc3 which i didn't update about a month and the problem appeared same time with other people.Most probably it's apk related, which one i'm still searching.Maybe we should make a list with apps installed for comparison.I'm between mx player, airdroid, skype and whatsapp.

Last edited:
It's not CM11 related as i have the same issue with pacrom-rc3 which i didn't update about a month and the problem appeared same time with other people.Most probably it's apk related, which one i'm still searching.Maybe we should make a list with apps installed for comparison.I'm between mx player, airdroid, skype and whatsapp.

I do put bet on Skype,I had strange problems with this app.

It's like I'm on mute without volume, can't hear and cannot be heard.
But I have sound when I play something not a voice call.
It happened to me yesterday and eventually it sorted out, but now it happened again and I don't know what to do.
Tried to wipe cache and multiple reboots but it didn't change anything.

Any ideas what i should do?
Exactly same behaviour here, sometimes a reboot fixes it, but only for the 1st call after the reboot. Also started around last weekend. Before I never had this issue

Reactions: oile
Well, let's do it!
I found the app on the store called list my app, here's the result:

1Password Reader
com.onepassword.passwordmanager
AdAway
org.adaway
AliExpress
com.alibaba.aliexpresshd
Amazon
com.amazon.mShop.android
AndroidL
com.tung91.lconcept
Angle Meter
com.iYOK.AngleMeterV10
Authy
com.authy.authy
Blackmart
org.blackmart.market
CamScanner
com.intsig.camscanner
Chrome
com.android.chrome
Compass
com.gn.android.compass
***** Watch
com.bitcoinwatcher.app
DiskUsage
com.google.android.diskusage
Drive
com.google.android.apps.docs
DualbootSwitch
com.xiaomi.dualbootswitch
Earth
com.google.earth
eBay
com.ebay.mobile
EveryTrail
com.globalmotion.everytrail
Facebook
com.facebook.katana
FasterFix
com.Double.FasterFix
Fiverr
com.fiverr.fiverr
Flickr
com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.flickr
Google Search
com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
GPS Test
com.chartcross.gpstest
Greenify
com.oasisfeng.greenify
Greeting Cards - I'm In!
jollygiraffe.activity
Hangouts
com.google.android.talk
IMDb
com.imdb.mobile
Inbox
com.google.android.apps.inbox
Instagram
com.instagram.android
Israel Post Tracking
com.pelebit.postil
Keep
com.google.android.keep
LinkedIn
com.linkedin.android
List My Apps
de.onyxbits.listmyapps
Lucky Patcher
com.forpda.lp
Maps
com.google.android.apps.maps
Maps With Me Pro
com.mapswithme.maps.pro
Messenger
com.google.android.apps.messaging
MobileVOIP
finarea.MobileVoip
Moovit
com.tranzmate
MX Player
com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad
MX Player Codec (ARMv7)
com.mxtech.ffmpeg.v7_vfpv3d16
OruxMaps
com.orux.oruxmaps
PayPal
com.paypal.android.p2pmobile
Pluralsight
com.pluralsight
Polaris Office
com.infraware.office.link
QR Droid
la.droid.qr
QuickPic
com.alensw.PicFolder
Remote Transmission
com.neogb.rtac
RunKeeper
com.fitnesskeeper.runkeeper.pro
Solid Explorer
pl.solidexplorer
Solid Explorer Unlocker
pl.solidexplorer.unlocker
SoundHound ∞
com.melodis.midomiMusicIdentifier
SwiftKey Keyboard
com.touchtype.swiftkey
SwissArmyKnife
com.digital_and_dreams.android.swiss_army_knife
Tapatalk
com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity
TeamViewer
com.teamviewer.teamviewer.market.mobile
TennisTemple
com.tgnc.tt
Themes Showcase
com.cyngn.theme.store
Titanium Backup
com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup
Titanium Backup PRO
com.keramidas.TitaniumBackupPro
Translate
com.google.android.apps.translate
TuneIn Radio
tunein.player
Wakelock Detector
com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector
Waze
com.waze
WhatsApp+
com.whatsapp
WiFi Key Recovery
aws.apps.wifiKeyRecovery
XBMC
org.xbmc.xbmc
Yatse
org.leetzone.android.yatsewidgetfree
YouTube
com.google.android.youtube
Zappix
zappix.com
מזרחי טפחות
com.MizrahiTefahot.nh
מכבי שרותי בריאות
com.ideomobile.maccabi
סלקום אישי
com.cellcom.cellcom360
פנגו+
com.unicell.pangoandroid
רכבת ישראל
com.moblin.israeltrain

same problem here. I tried uninstalling Skype but no luck. Now I'm cleaning cache and dalvik, will report back.

UPDATE: Nope, problem still there, so Skype is NOT the culprit (@XperianPro). Grrrrr this is making me crazy on a working day...

Last edited:
Broken settings could cause this issue too. I'd delete all apps and try again.
It could but this is not the case. This won't be related to the settings, too many people reported the same issue to the same date. There must have been an (silent system?) update of some kind and it would be fine to find out, what exactly has caused this issue.

I froze Skype (using TitaniumBackup) and rebooted. Calls worked. Unfroze Skype and rebooted. Calls didn't work. Froze Skype and rebooted. Calls didn't work.

DTMF tones can always be sent though.

I froze Skype (using TitaniumBackup) and rebooted. Calls worked. Unfroze Skype and rebooted. Calls didn't work. Froze Skype and rebooted. Calls didn't work.

DTMF tones can always be sent though.

That's weird: as I said above, I completely uninstalled Skype, and cleaned cache and dalvik + reboot, and problem is still there... which nightly are you on?

as i already write in the xda post, i'm currently on the mokee rom and i've not this bug with same apps installed in cm11 where instead i have the bug. so annoying :/

Finally I realize I'm not the only one! I had to install Ivan lollipop (wich is far from being a real substitute to cm or pacman) and now everything seems normal again.
I want to switch back to cm11 or pacman. M1cha, if I flash an older cm11, do you think it would work normally?

That's weird: as I said above, I completely uninstalled Skype, and cleaned cache and dalvik + reboot, and problem is still there... which nightly are you on?

I am on today's (20141212). But I don't think it has anything to do with Skype. Sometimes it works after a reboot (for a while), but other times it does not.

as i already write in the xda post, i'm currently on the mokee rom and i've not this bug with same apps installed in cm11 where instead i have the bug. so annoying :/

I think I am replying to you here and on xda :) But if mokee is working then why not stick with that? I am wondering whether to move to mokee. But if CM is better in your opinion then I will continue to play around until hopefully someone finds a fix.

mokee is so fine except some annoying bug already reported but not resolved yet (like notification led
malfunctioning that for me is really annoying :D but i know i'm an outlier :D). i'm thinking to remain into mokee anyway

p.s.: i'm phantastic_ on xda

@e-r-a-n the apps we have in common are :

Greenify
Maps
MX Player
Titanium Backup
Wakelock Detector
WhatsApp

If more people could post the list of their apps maybe we could narrow it down further.From these apps the ones that got an update in december are :

Greenify
Maps
MX Player
WhatsApp

I want to mention that my problems started after mx player crashed while watching a video and phone rebooted.Don't know if it's relevant or not maybe it is if other people had this problem too.Also i read on greenify's changelog that it needs the new SuperSU to work in root mode.