Contacts To Voice Your Concerns about the HTC Rezounds S-Off (With Petition Link)

dccoh

Members
Nov 9, 2010
I know alot of people are upset over having to wait on S-off, while watching other phones, like the newly released Nexus get unlocked fairly quickly.
I would also love to see a MIUI rom on this device, but obviously this will not happen till the Bootloader is unlocked, Root is achieved, etc.

Have you checked over at the Galaxy Nexus forums? One could easily get jealous that they already have the ability to flash undervolted kernels, new streamlined roms, radios, etc.

I consider the HTC Rezound cream of the crop, and would love to tweak it out before Christmas.

Well, I say we as a whole contact HTC and Verizon and let them know we are displeased with the current locking of our Rezound. I can understand the reason for locking, but what about other devices on the network? The Galaxy Nexus has been unlocked and rooted without any sort of hassle. This is causing those that are impatient to jump the HTC Rezound ship and head over to the nexus.

Those that havent jumped, are probably contemplating, that is including some devs i'm sure.

Earlier this year, Peter Chou, CEO of HTC states on Facebook and Twitter that they will no longer be locking the bootloaders on their 2011 and newer devices, yet somehow this was not the case for the Rezound.

If you would like to, contact Verizon and HTC and voice your opinion. While it may be futile, not voicing yourself surely wont help :) Maybe they will get tired of our complaints, and do something about it. HTC has to of felt a little burn with people going over to the Nexus already, so maybe they would love to keep that from happening more.

HTC's Twitter message about no longer locking bootloaders

HTC's Facebook page about no longer locking bootloaders

For those that don't know, Verizon do have support forums, and here is a complaint topic regarding the HTC Rezound's locked bootloader, so voice yourself there too (please stay faithful to your current forum, my intent is not to have you move to a different forum).

Daniel Mead CEO Verizon Wireless
Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Chou CEO HTC
HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs

Lotus Chan VP HTC

Mark Baker Senior Director Enterprise Business Unit Americas HTC

Maggie Cheng Public Relations HTC

Benita Tiongson USA Services Team HTC
Benita_Tiongson@htc.com

John Wang Chief Marketing Officer HTC
John_Wang@htc.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Larry Page CEO Google (have found his Google + page, but still looking for his email)
http://plus.google.com/106189723444098348646/posts

Eric E. Schmidt Executive Chairman Google
Yahoo! (funny that a exec at Google uses yahoo still?) :)

Google Customer Support Phone Number
650-623-4000

If you do anything, whether its contact them via twiiter, Facebook wall, email, remember to be courteous and respectful. Let them know you are a unhappy consumer that loves the phone, but not in love with their locking it down like it is, and against what they promised earlier this year.

As a whole, we might get heard, and who knows, maybe Christmas will come early:) I'm aware that once I bought the HTC Rezound, that I was taking a gamble on how soon if at all S-off would come. It is my second smartphone, following my HTC Incredible, and with all the choices out there, I still come back to HTC.

Squeaky Wheel gets the grease.

Serinety has renacted their petition. Rather than me start one up, please refer to their thread to sign the petition, and still use this thread to contact Verizon, HTC, and Google to get them to give us some Bootloader freedom.
HTC Rezound Petition

Note: I'll add contact info as I find / get them. If you have information that you feel would help out this thread, please let me know.

Your comparisons to the Galaxy Nexus are a bit weak TBH. The Galaxy Nexus is just that; a Nexus phone. It's built to be a developer phone. And as such was released with every intention to being easily unlocked, rooted and ROM'ed.

Don't get me wrong; more power to you if you can get the ball moving and put it in HTC's court; and hopefully get the bootloader unlocked on the Rezound. But let's be honest here, the Galaxy Nexus and the Rezound aren't on the same level when it comes to the Developer side of things; not even in the same Galaxy (pun intended, lol).