Faq - All Things Miui

P

Pele

itP4wNg4c9QPS.jpg

To further aid users, we have decided to create a FAQ for all things MIUI, this will range from troubleshooting to tips & tricks.

List of FAQ's (in order)
  1. Boot Issues
  2. Logcat
  3. Applying themes
  4. Flashing MIUI
BOOT ISSUES

Most importantly and always advised is that before you upgrade to a new miui build, please make sure you have :
  1. a working rom on your sd card
  2. Backed up your data either using the miui back up app or third party app
If you are having difficulty booting your device after a rom upgrade, please do the following :
While in Recovery :
  1. Flash the rom you wish to upgrade to
  2. Wipe Dalvik
  3. Wipe Cache Partition
  4. Fix Permissions
  5. Reboot
If the above does not work please obtain a logcat of the boot loop, then flash back to the last working rom on your sd card.
In extreme cases, you maybe be required to factory resest and then flash the rom you wish to upgrade to. Factory Rest will wipe all your data. Factory Reset will NOT wipe your sd card.

LOGCAT

When report bugs or issues with apps force closing to further help us diagnose and find a solution fast and effectively it is important that you provide a logcat. Remember have the logcat running at the time when the FC or issue happens so it is logged, then post this to the BUGS FORUM.

You can also post your logcat using the MIUIAndroid Logcat Service.

Applying Themes

Important note :
  • You must sign up for a xiaomi account to apply any theme
  • You must be connected to mobile/wifi to apply any theme as checks are made
  • Themes should be updated in line with the current miui builds, any theme based on a older miui build will not apply correctly as there have been lots of changes to the core of the theme structure.
  • As of miui build 2.11.23 you must apply default theme first and then apply custom theme
Note : You must delete the contents of your sdcard/miui/theme folder before proceeding. Do the following using windows/Linux/Mac :
  1. Connect your device to you pc/laptop
  2. Navigate using your pc/laptop to Device/sdcard/miui/theme
  3. Delete everything in that folder (.data .db and and themes)
  4. Disconnect the device from the pc/laptop
  5. Now on your device navigate to settings/apps
  6. Select the all tab and scroll down to and select Themes
  7. Press clear cache and clear data
  8. Reboot into recovery
  9. Clear Dalvik
  10. Reboot as normal
  11. Continue below once the device has booted up to the homscreen
How to apply themes (free) which are not downloaded via the theme manager
  1. Place the theme on ur sd card
  2. Open theme manager app
  3. Press menu
  4. Select 'import from sd card'
  5. Navigate to the theme on the sd card and select
  6. Apply the theme
  7. If after you have applied a theme and some elements are not applied correctly, simply reboot your device for the changes to take effect.
If you wish to update a theme that you have made / mash-up (theme developers / users)
  1. You must first delete the theme from theme manager to avoid duplication (you can do this at anytime)
  2. Place the updated theme on your sd card
  3. Open theme manager app
  4. Press menu
  5. Select 'import from sd card'
  6. Navigate to the theme on the sd card and select
  7. Apply the theme
  8. If after you have applied a theme and some elements are not applied correctly, simply reboot your device for the changes to take effect.
Flashing MIUI

Presuming that you have basic knowledge on flashing roms in general

If you are coming from a non-miui rom you must :

Note : in some cases certain devices may need to be flashed in a certain way to proceed e.g. HTC, please ask ibotpeaches if you are unsure
  • back up your data
  • download miui rom for your device
  • place this rom on your sd card
  • reboot into recovery
  • factory reset
  • wipe cache partition
  • clear dalvik
  • flash the miui rom
  • reboot your device as normal once the rom has successfully flashed
  • welcome to miui
If you are currently running miui rom you must :
  • back up your data either using the miui back up app or third party app such as titanium
  • download miui rom for your device
  • place this rom on your sd card
  • reboot into recovery
  • flash the miui rom
  • wipe dalvik
  • reboot your device as normal once the rom has successfully flashed
...Currently being updated - Over time various FAQ's will be added

On 2.11.16 GT-I9100... full wipes, my own made theme imported, could not be applied. Pele's black 1579 not even imported...

When I try to use theme manager it just closes right away I did what this says too I am running a port from the sensation

im still adding info

Hi, so you did :) What I did, was exact step by step application of them. Managed to import your theme 1627 but could not apply it or my own. Any ideas?

EDIT: see you resized "group_photos_container_bg". Thks!

No no, I'm thinking of solutions just haven't had time to chat to you correctl directly.
Quick questions:

Did you fully clear out the MIUI/theme folder?

Good! I may have hope left. I've played around, a lot. Running with Siyah 4.0.1. dual boot. MIUI 2.10.26 as second ROM and the latest as 1st ROM. Taking the Nandroid back ups to PC and formatting everything but no luck with these, not even after following your instructions. Flashing back the 2.10.26. to see that the issue is not due any partitions etc. All good with 2.10.26 but not with the latest. Only symptom is that it just wont apply. I can import them though.

if you get an older theme manager.apk and put it in 2.11 when you apply a theme right at 99% it force closes but just reboot and its fully applied. thats what ive been doing for right now

if you get an older theme manager.apk and put it in 2.11 when you apply a theme right at 99% it force closes but just reboot and its fully applied. thats what ive been doing for right now

Indeed! :D That solved it and no FC. Thank you very much!

Applying Themes

Important note :
  • You must sign up for a xiaomi account to apply any theme
  • You must be connected to mobile/wifi to apply any theme as checks are made
  • Themes should be updated in line with the current miui builds, any theme based on a older miui build will not apply correctly as there have been lots of changes to the core of the theme structure.
  • As of miui build 2.11.23 you must apply default theme first and then apply custom theme
Note : You must delete the contents of your sdcard/miui/theme folder before proceeding. Do the following using windows/Linux/Mac :
  1. Connect your device to you pc/laptop
  2. Navigate using your pc/laptop to Device/sdcard/miui/theme
  3. Delete everything in that folder (.data .db and and themes)
  4. Disconnect the device from the pc/laptop
  5. Now on your device navigate to settings/apps
  6. Select the all tab and scroll down to and select Themes
  7. Press clear cache and clear data
  8. Reboot into recovery
  9. Clear Dalvik
  10. Reboot as normal
  11. Continue below once the device has booted up to the homscreen
How to apply themes (free) which are not downloaded via the theme manager
  1. Place the theme on ur sd card
  2. Open theme manager app
  3. Press menu
  4. Select 'import from sd card'
  5. Navigate to the theme on the sd card and select
  6. Apply the theme
  7. If after you have applied a theme and some elements are not applied correctly, simply reboot your device for the changes to take effect.

I also can't apply custom themes. When I try to do it it says "The theme is not downloaded from the official market. Please download similar ones from the official market."

Can anyone provide me with an old version of Theme Manager? I'd really appreciate it.

I also can't apply custom themes. When I try to do it it says "The theme is not downloaded from the official market. Please download similar ones from the official market."

Can anyone provide me with an old version of Theme Manager? I'd really appreciate it.
its not an issue... just register in Xiaomi account... theme has to pass DRM control.. https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/register?_locale=en

i flash the miui version 3.2.1 and 3.2.8 but when i flash the rom and reboot rom hanged on boot animation!!!where is the problem?from my radio?which radio is best for this versions?who can install this whithout any problem?what is your radio version?please help.thenks

i flash the miui version 3.2.1 and 3.2.8 but when i flash the rom and reboot rom hanged on boot animation!!!where is the problem?from my radio?which radio is best for this versions?who can install this whithout any problem?what is your radio version?please help.thenks

I also flashed my MIUI from 3.2.1 to 3.2.8, but I didn't encounter any problems or boot loops so far. I just checked the radio, it's 1 .0 in my version too. I don't think they've changed the radio with the update. Try wiping everything including cache partition and dalvik, then try again.

Reactions: haji1369
thanks.i finally intall it with flash file boot.img from folder of rom miui version 2.12.7!!!!!

where is md5 checksum of version 3.4.12?

where is md5 chesum of any version of roms?please give me it`s link

i have this question to ask was the difference between this web site with the other miui.. i was there.. i saw this web site through oppo forum